• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New five minute video found

Qinopio

Smash Journeyman
Lucas is looking so great. PK Fire looks a tad weaker than Ness's in Melee but I think the speed more than makes up for it. PK Freeze is just amazing, I can't wait to try it out. As someone who played and loved Mother 3, I am REALLY excited for Lucas...

Squirtle looks like a fast little bugger. I'm gonna love playing as him. He gets great roll distance but it doesnt' take forever like Mewtwo and Samus's did in Melee.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
Lucas:
Standard A: Multiple Kicks (it seems that RopeSnake wasnt enough :p. he stole Duster's kicks lol)
Neautral Air: is he spinning sourrounded in hexagonal energy.
Up Air is he kicking up with hexagonal henergy in the tip of his foot.
PK Fire is faster, goes farther, but it doesnt create multiple fire bursts anymore, but one single burst, that doeslike 8-10% damage. Also, you can shoot them, like half a second appart from each other. Less lag.
PK Freeze is GOD. Really fast, charges quickly and freezed a squirtle with 35%. It did like 15-20% damage. It is actually useful, unlike PK Flash.
PK Thunder seems to be faster, and it seems to be easier to use for recovery. The human cannon does like 10-20% damage, goes farther. You dont fall as fast as Ness did in Melee when using PK Thunder. He never used PK Thunder as a missile.
His Smash attacks seem to be really powerful, but with not so much knockback. Do like around 20% when fully charged.
He still has Ness's second jump, but it is quicker now.
He doesnt suck :p!
HIs voise is cool, except when he does his second jump, where he does some kinda squeeky noise, similar to a chubby kid. Other than that, his voice is cool. And is oviously a japanese voise actor, not american.

Ice Climbers
They both shoot Blizzard in the same direcion ON AIR, while they shoot it at different direction in the ground. Desync seems to be easier, and probably done differently.

lazychi

Smash Cadet
lucas's standard B actaully looks MUCH better, and snake footage=awesome CANT WAIT GAH!

Baka_Shade

Smash Apprentice
u guys noticed that Snake can detonate the mine even in the air,EVEN WHEN ATTACKING :) (check the skyworld part with Snake,Dk,ect.)can only imagine Snake with a spike attack toward the mine and BOOOM
i may try Snake.
I believe there are actually two different mines. The C4 is his down B, which is remotely detonated, but that looked like a proximity mine, which is in line with what the Dojo said about his smashes.

maian

Smash Apprentice
I am SO excited for Snake. I had heard of him before Brawl, but got into MGS, very hardcore, in the process. I'm just really glad Snake isn't turning out to suck (at least, from the looks of things) If Young Link does indeed not return, or returns in inferior form, I'm definitely maining Snake, and might just main him no matter what, depending on how we turns out. I like.

Lucas is looking great. PK Freeze made me happy. I think PK Flash has probably worked for me like, ten times. Ever.

And...Shadow Moses looks awesome.

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
u guys noticed that Snake can detonate the mine even in the air,EVEN WHEN ATTACKING :) (check the skyworld part with Snake,Dk,ect.)can only imagine Snake with a spike attack toward the mine and BOOOM
i may try Snake.
I believe the mine he put down at the beginning of the Skyworld was his down smash. A normal landmine that explodes when its touched.

The one he uses on link at the end was his down B which is a remote mine.

I think atleast...

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
Whoa! The Ice Climbers Down+B was freezing people left and right! They're much better now!

This video is the small hit I needed to endure the wait for Japan's release. ;)

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
Snake is a BAMF
Ike is a BAMF
Pokemon Trainer looks cool.
Lucas looks like a Ness on crack(Thats a good thing)

I cant WAIT FOR THIS AGAAA)U*))_*)(*)(*)*)_*)_*)_*)**TBJ#HBJ JD

:(

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
That was honestly the best Brawl video I've seen yet. It REALLY gives a good feel for what the game's gonna be like.

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
Snake was the star of the show for me with that combo.. He put the bomb down pretty fast too.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
Wow, there's some actual gameplay footage of Lucas? I'm surprised, I always figured they wanted to keep what he does under wraps.

I have to say, after seeing this video I'm very glad that I want to play as Lucas now. His PK Thunder looks like it will be much easier to use on yourself than the one Ness had in Melee, and his PK Freeze has some INSANE distance to it. His PK Fire seems a little less potent but that's something I can live with, considering his other moves appear to have been tweaked marvelously.

I wonder what they are going to do about Ness though, since Lucas really does seem to be a huge improvement over him, just like what the Dojo and everyone else suggested.

KaosAssassin

Smash Apprentice
This video made up for the lame update we got. I mean from L.A to Vegas thats not much considering we will be playing people from a lot farther

Maricalistaro

Smash Journeyman
Wow, Ike definitely looks faster. His f-air seems alot faster anyway.

Snake's u-air is sweet.

Wow, after watching this vid I am certain this game will rock no matter what.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I am actually believing that Lucas is going to be high tier after watching that...oh man. oh man I am sooooo hyped! My pre-chosen main is actually a good character this time around! His major weakness appears to be the lag at the end of his smash attacks, but wow! Do you see how good his specials are compared to Ness? And it looks like he also has amazing KO power!

Crispy Fries

Smash Cadet
Zelda looks improved! :)
But darn you, Ike! We were THIS close to seeing Zelda's FS in action! >_<

Ced The Lad

Smash Apprentice
The music is excellent. I'm so happy to finally hear it since all we've been getting in terms of gameplay videos are shrieking booth babes, loud and clumsy camera men, and just plain noise. This game can't come soon enough for me.

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
I was actually worried this morning when the SSE pics were found, I thought they might've been spoilers and that I wouldn't be able to resist... But it wasn't and it did bring my hype up a bit. Then we got the 5 minute gameplay vid and the gameplay vids from the dojo, and now I'm thinking that I'll be just fine watching gameplay until March.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
It's becoming easier to swallow the 35-roster after seeing all this. Sure, I won't give up hope that it will be disproven but I can look forward to the ame anyway.

thetoastinator

Smash Apprentice
The Mario player knows his moves well. That recovery required much skill! It was also quite ironic how Sonic just dies like 2 seconds after Mario does! XD

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Farores wind doesnt seem to travel as far, however, her Uair and Dins Fire both come out like bullets!

Dr.Z

Smash Cadet
Dude, Snake pwned Link...like uber man. Great vids. At least we have something to stall us after that ghey delay...again.

Top Bottom