• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

new form of wavedashing?

Phlemingo

Smash Ace
I could be wrong but, I think because of brawls new game mechanics when you land an aerial close to a hill you will slide down the hill.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
If Dair gives you an automatic WD then thats preety cool!!! But sadly, what Phlemingo said makes sense :(

Brainslug7

Smash Cadet
That is pretty cool but i also saw yoshi do it with his down b in that video so i think phlemingo is right. also wavedashing was mostly used for faster movement with IC and this can only be done on 1 slopping section. but it is pretty cool lol

wakka444

Smash Ace
Originally Posted by ZodiakLucien
I found out a way to almost waveland down on platforms and on the ground. Its most effective with link. But its also really good with ike. I have only really tested this on lylat cruise, and I assume it works with other stages. if you are low enough to the ground and you do an aerial (usually dair)you go to the ground faster. Its most noticable with link's dair. if you jump from below a platform and dair you immediately appear standing on the platform with no lag. With link the timing is anywhere between his hip and his shin is in the platform to dair. With ike its more precise. This also works with just the ground.

I'll see if I can get a video up of it soon. I guess it can be called land cancelling since you are essentially cancelling you landing animation. I guess it can be called aerial cancel. I dont care what its called honestly.

video http://youtube.com/watch?v=00mZhZldihM

Ics can appearantly do this too, its pretty cool really

Top Bottom