• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Ganondorf Tech: Ganon Super Jump/Flight of Ganon!!!

@HomE

Smash Ace
There were no posts for 4 months and you bring this thread back from the grave?

not to be a ****... but we dont do that crap on the Ganon boards

EDIT: DOWN-B SPIKE!!

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
There were no posts for 4 months and you bring this thread back from the grave?

not to be a ****... but we dont do that crap on the Ganon boards
That post would've been perfect if you ended it with *Down-B spike* (Cause I know you love it)

Cracker1204

Smash Apprentice
Don't know if anyone said it yet, didn't read every post but in the description it says you have to push jump + jump and down b right after each other....thats 2 jumps but thats not true. this is only said about the wizard kick method, but when I do this I only have to jump + down b....I do NOT have to jump twice.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Don't know if anyone said it yet, didn't read every post but in the description it says you have to push jump + jump and down b right after each other....thats 2 jumps but thats not true. this is only said about the wizard kick method, but when I do this I only have to jump + down b....I do NOT have to jump twice.
Well, theoretically you just have to fall. Do something that will end on the right frame, then Jump + Wizkick.

It's a Second-Jump-Recovery (SJR / DJR) with a physics glitch on aerial Wizard Kick.

The technique described here is a reliable way of producing those preconditions: Jump, then jump from the right height + air dodge. You need the first jump because Ganon's air dodge lasts as long as his air time off his First Jump.

Barbeque

Smash Journeyman
so i'm still a little confused....is this trick worth mastering when it comes down to a competitive match?

It's honestly not even hard once you get the timing down. I just started practising the trick about 10 minutes ago and i can get it half the time (the harder yet more rewarding way of doing it) it's alot easier if right before the X+downB part you just put your hand in the claw-position and switch back after murdur leapin

and i might aswell at in that it gives the same amount of hight as using up all 3 of ganons jumps optimally, while still being able to use your up+B (probably already known though)

i would say that it seems to have alot of potential but what the hell do i know about ganon. i want to know what everyone else thinks lol

TP

Smash Master
so i'm still a little confused....is this trick worth mastering when it comes down to a competitive match?

It's honestly not even hard once you get the timing down. I just started practising the trick about 10 minutes ago and i can get it half the time (the harder yet more rewarding way of doing it) it's alot easier if right before the X+downB part you just put your hand in the claw-position and switch back after murdur leapin

and i might aswell at in that it gives the same amount of hight as using up all 3 of ganons jumps optimally, while still being able to use your up+B (probably already known though)

i would say that it seems to have alot of potential but what the hell do i know about ganon. i want to know what everyone else thinks lol
It really isn't useful at all in competitive play. Maybe you could chase a Snake who is recovering high, but that is about it. It's a good taunt, though.

Barbeque

Smash Journeyman
Really? Not even in doubles? That trick alone could have gotten me to main ganon if it was useful enough since it was so cool...

Noobicidal

Smash Master
It's just a lulzy move with limited applications. You should still main Ganon on the other hand.

C'mon... Join us...

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
Well, theoretically you just have to fall. Do something that will end on the right frame, then Jump + Wizkick.

It's a Second-Jump-Recovery (SJR / DJR) with a physics glitch on aerial Wizard Kick.

The technique described here is a reliable way of producing those preconditions: Jump, then jump from the right height + air dodge. You need the first jump because Ganon's air dodge lasts as long as his air time off his First Jump.
so in theory... u could do this with out the air dodge or wizkick?

GotenOnNimbus

Smash Apprentice
One of us! One of us!

Gooble gobble, gooble gobble!

I use this once or twice during a match, just because he rises quick and out of the blue.

Great against people who don't know about it.

Also great if you scream THUNDER BOMB as you come down with a Dair.

Cracker1204

Smash Apprentice
I don't know why so many people say they cant get this to use...you just need to practice man. the wizkick version is not very usefull but the airdodge version is.

As you probably know you can also use your third jump (airal) after the airdodge version.

now you just need to get that jump 100% ofthe time and infinite it from the air, if you come down from the air use airdodge again and do it again. once you get that down you need to try this move from platform to platform. some examples:

SV: sh airdodge from platform, super jump.
BF: the wizkickmove from platform to platform.
full hop form highest platform and airdodge almost at the highest point of the jump, super jump on lower platform.

full hop Uair from highest platform (on enemey for example) double jump, airdodge, super jump lower platform.

This last form ^ Is pretty important if you wanna get this **** to work. you need to use attacks into super jumps when you can.

Hoboparty

Smash Apprentice
Sorry but I'm out of the loop on terms ATM. What does "buffer a jump" mean?

*puts on flame proof shiny suit deal*

BTW I got the air dodge one to work once but how close should I be to the ground when I go to do y+b while holding down? short hop height? a few pixels?

Squirrely

Smash Journeyman
To buffer a jump you just hit your jump button or hit up or whatever is your flavor in the last few frames of your current move.
This way it'll queue up a jump as the next command to be preformed.

As for the jumping question, and I've said this a few times when people ask how to do it, just try jumping and not pressing the b button at all.
If you do it with the right timing, you'll get your third jump without touching the ground.
The down-b works its magic AFTER you jump, so after you get the jump timing, just add the down-b immediately after jumping.

Hoboparty

Smash Apprentice
thanks! I've got the wizkick version down, still trying to get the timing on air dodge version...

TP

Smash Master
thanks! I've got the wizkick version down, still trying to get the timing on air dodge version...
When trying to do it the first time, get on the platform on Smashville. Short hop and immediately air dodge, and it should let you FoG off the ground perfectly.

Top Bottom