• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New general discovery: Auto Tipping

Tomanator33

Smash Apprentice
I was unable to find this any where else so I figured I would post it here now but please let me know if its been discovered already.

If Marth grabs an opponent at a low percent ( this will range with the characters weight and size meta knight is 25%, falco is 23%) and down throws them, marth will be able to land a forward smash on them with the tip regardless of DI. If this is done on stages with small death boundaries I.E. Corneria near the edge of the stage it will kill regardless of there DI. I will update this with a chart if this was not already discovered.

Behemoth King

Smash Rookie
Actually Falco can be Fthrow-to tipper at almost 30-35%. Fox can get F-thrown to tipper at around 35-40% which actually kills him near the edge. on final destination. Make sure you don't fthrow right off the edge or they'll bounce too far.

Popertop

Smash Champion
you do realise of course that he was talking about the edge of the stage on Corneria?
that boundary is ridiculous, and as such you have a ridiculous percent.
35-40 is much more reasonable, wouldn't you say?

gallax

Smash Hero
this only works on a few characters though. and if your opponent knows how to DI then its much harder. i once grabbed a MK>fthrow>fsmash>fair>dj fair and killed him on FD. the MK knew how to DI . this was at a low percentage and he died around 55-65%. ive replicated it a few times but its very hard to do.

ShengNu

Smash Apprentice
At 25%? You can't kill anyone at 25% unless there an uber newb...
ever charged snakes rocket in the middle of FD vs a mario? maybe you should try it before commenting >_> or even try out what he is saying with marth... its very possible next time speak what you know, not what you think :]

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
In most situations it's better to just follow up with a side+B combo instead of an fsmash, since it's not going to kill anyway.

SummerObsession

Smash Apprentice
In most situations it's better to just follow up with a side+B combo instead of an fsmash, since it's not going to kill anyway.
The sweet spot Fsmash just looks so...sweet. It may also get to the head of your opponent when they see the screen freeze, your sword shine, and hear that familiar clink.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Lol @ alchfilosofer.

To Ankoku:
Your sig gets more awesome(-r, -ist, -ing, -risting) every time i see it.
Have you played any Melty Blood?

and I have to agree with Ankoku, if it won't kill (like if you're on the center of the stage), use Dancing Blade.

Its sexy enough that you're using it. o_O

Plus, if the opponent knows what you're doing, then he/she will probably try and keep you in the center as much as possible, and try to keep YOU off the stage.

Top Bottom