• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New general team advice pl0x

DonkeyKongUh

Smash Cadet
Metagross @ Shuca berry ( also considering occa berry)
Clear body : Adament
252 hp / 236 atk / 12 def / 10 speed
Stealth rock
Earthquake
Bullet punch
explosion

Not much to say... standard lead. Get SR out, have my shuca protecting me from earthquakes, then if they are weak to ground ill EQ and finish them off with B punch, otherwise ill explode or switch.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Technician : Adament
244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Speed
Bullet punch
Pursuit
U-Turn
Superpower

Mostly revenging with Bpunch (hence the low speed EV) and luring out fire types so i can switch to heatran. Uturn is also useful to get a good counter in there, and everyone loves pursuit ;)

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Flash fire : Rash
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Fire blast
Earth power
Explosion
Hidden power grass

Staple of my team, since they are somewhat weak to fire, he can switch in and use flashfire. Scarf for a nice speed boost, and i kept the nature as rash so he has a little extra punch cause scarf makes him fast enough... Explosions there since with the scarf he has nice speed so when he gets low, i can switch and get a nice kill later. HP grass is prettymuch so i can revenge kill slightly weaked swamperts as they piss me offffff. Looking at my team now, I dont have much ice... so i might need to change that hp grass to ice, but i'd prefer not to.

Salamence @ Life orb
Intimidate: Naughty
232 Atk / 24 SpA / 252 Spe
Dragon dance
Outrage
Fire blast
Earthquake

Another really standard set but highly effective. Has a special move with fire blast, Pretty good coverage... a good sweeper not much to say

Gyarados @ leftovers
Infimidate: Adament
4 Hp / 252 atk / 252 speed
Dragon dance
Ice fang
Waterfall
Stone edge

Yea i have 4 attack based sweepers O_o... is that a problem? ;) Anyway another standard set, this guy is prettymuch my dragonkiller with his ice fang... I feel he dyes to fast with orb so i gave him lefties.

Zapdos @ leftovers
Pressure: Bold
252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Roost
Thunderbolt
Heatwave
Roar

Yea this is my bulkiest pokemon O_o... I have noone who can lower stats so i felt it was necessary for me to put in roar so no1 can start a sweep on me, although a hidden power ice would be useful :(... Its defensive based. Not sure if i need heatwave since sala and heatran already have fire but w/e...

Edit: Potential changes

Sub Gyarados for:

Starmie @ leftovers
Natural cure: Timid
136 HP / 156 Def / 216 Spe
Rapid spin
Thunderbolt
Surf
Recover/psychic/grass knot (only if zapdos doesnt get hp grass)

Get rid of Hran hp grass and give dragon pulse

Give Zapdos HP grass sub out roar/heatwave

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
My first RMT in a long time...:(

Metagross @ Shuca berry ( also considering occa berry)
Clear body : Adament
252 hp / 236 atk / 12 def / 10 speed
Stealth rock
Earthquake
Bullet punch
explosion

Not much to say... standard lead. Get SR out, have my shuca protecting me from earthquakes, then if they are weak to ground ill EQ and finish them off with B punch, otherwise ill explode or switch.
Go with Occa berry.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Technician : Adament
244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Speed
Bullet punch
Pursuit
U-Turn
Superpower

Mostly revenging with Bpunch (hence the low speed EV) and luring out fire types so i can switch to heatran. Uturn is also useful to get a good counter in there, and everyone loves pursuit ;)
Lol I don't like pursuit :chuckle:

Whatevs.

I personally never liked CB scizor, but whatever works for you is fine.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Flash fire : Rash
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Fire blast
Earth power
Explosion
Hidden power grass

Staple of my team, since they are somewhat weak to fire, he can switch in and use flashfire. Scarf for a nice speed boost, and i kept the nature as rash so he has a little extra punch cause scarf makes him fast enough... Explosions there since with the scarf he has nice speed so when he gets low, i can switch and get a nice kill later. HP grass is prettymuch so i can revenge kill slightly weaked swamperts as they piss me offffff. Looking at my team now, I dont have much ice... so i might need to change that hp grass to ice, but i'd prefer not to.
Change to modest and replace explosion. Modest fire blast w/ 252 EVs beats unboosted explosion on heatran and gives you a chance to survive, not to mention you might have flash fire.

Salamence @ Life orb
Intimidate: Naughty
232 Atk / 24 SpA / 252 Spe
Dragon dance
Outrage
Fire blast
Earthquake

Another really standard set but highly effective. Has a special move with fire blast, Pretty good coverage... a good sweeper not much to say
Pretty generic.

Gyarados @ leftovers
Infimidate: Adament
4 Hp / 252 atk / 252 speed
Dragon dance
Ice fang
Waterfall
Stone edge

Yea i have 4 attack based sweepers O_o... is that a problem? ;) Anyway another standard set, this guy is prettymuch my dragonkiller with his ice fang... I feel he dyes to fast with orb so i gave him lefties.
Pretty generic.

Zapdos @ leftovers
Pressure: Bold
252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Roost
Thunderbolt
Heatwave
Roar

Yea this is my bulkiest pokemon O_o... I have noone who can lower stats so i felt it was necessary for me to put in roar so no1 can start a sweep on me, although a hidden power ice would be useful :(... Its defensive based. Not sure if i need heatwave since sala and heatran already have fire but w/e...
Bulky zapdos? That's new. Especially one with heat wave. Skarmory is a much better physical wall than this, so I would consider it. Oh, wait... that adds to your fire weakness. Well, you have better options than zapdos; let's just leave it at that.

Edit: Potential changes

Sub Gyarados for:

Starmie @ leftovers
Natural cure: Timid
136 HP / 156 Def / 216 Spe
Rapid spin
Thunderbolt
Surf
Recover/psychic/grass knot (only if zapdos doesnt get hp grass)
Do this, and change the EVs to more of a special sweeper set. Last move should be psychic.

Get rid of Hran hp grass and give dragon pulse
I would go with HP Ice but whatevs. Yeah, make that change.

Give Zapdos HP grass sub out roar/heatwave
Get rid of Zapdos.

Overall:

Your team lacks special attack (although heatran and salamence help) and has no reliable walls. The result? Set-up sweepers become dangerous.

There's a lack of strategy here as well, so you might need to change a few of your pokemon.

The best advice I can give is to switch out a few pokemon to work out the three problems I mentioned above.

A few pokemon to consider: hippowdon, swampert, and skarm (you could even try converting this into a sandstorm team, but you don't have to; it's up to you).

If you want to try using these pokemon, I would recommend they switch in for metagross, gyrados, and zapdos, respectively. But it's completely up to you, so don't feel like I'm pressuring you into using these pokemon.

Of course, the three I mentioned don't solve your special attack problem, so keep that in consideration. However, you might have enough of that from heatran and salamence.

78/100

DonkeyKongUh

Smash Cadet
Best CC ive gotten in a while...

New SS team

Hippowdon @ leftovers
Sand stream : Impish
252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Earthquake
Stealth rock
Toxic
Slack off

Get rocks up, and then do what i can with EQ and toxic... I really don't love him.

Alternative lead choice:
Tyranitar @ lum berry
Sand stream : Sassy
240 HP / 36 Atk / 48 Def / 184 SpD
Taunt
Counter
Fire punch
Crunch

Really dont like this set either... no rocks :( any1 have any better ideas?

Skarmory @ leftovers
Keen eye : Impish
252 HP / 64 Atk / 176 Def / 16 Spe
Brave bird
Roost
Spikes
Whirlwind

Good physical wall... more setups not much to say

Heatran @ choice scarf
Flash fire : Modest
4 hp / 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed
Fire blast
Earth power
Hidden power ice
???? (dragon pulse/flashcannon?)

Special sweeper... what goes in the last spot with no explosion? just some filler that im not gonna use?...

Latias @ leftovers
levitate : timid
148 HP / 108 SpA / 252 Spe
Calm mind
Reflect
recover
dragon pulse

Set up special sweeper. I like here more than mence, and i dont think mence is bulky enough since i wont be using a spinner.

Marshtomp @ leftovers
torrent : relaxed
240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SpA
Earthquake
ice beam
surf
Protect / Stealth rock (if i dont have SR on my lead)

Pretty bulky, uses physical and special.

Scizor @ choice band
Technician : adament
244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Bullet punch
pursuit
u-turn
superpower

Might switch for gliscor... Standard scout/sweeper/revenger set.

Wow this is a complete overhaul O_o... if u could rate and help both teams and say which you think is better that would be great.

Wrath`

Smash Master

New SS team

Hippowdon @ leftovers
Earthquake
Stealth rock
Toxic
Slack off

Get rocks up, and then do what i can with EQ and toxic... I really don't love him.

Alternative lead choice:
Tyranitar @ lum berry
Taunt
Counter
Fire punch
Crunch

Ok this is a bad T-tar......... Taunt? What are you going to taunt? You don't wan't things hiting t tar, specialy with E quake everywhere.

Counter? no. F punch, not good.
For a moveset you should have Stone edge, E quake, crunch and a filler. Also EV's for Attack and defence/HP, wich ever you perfer.

Skarmory @ leftovers
Brave bird
Roost
Spikes
Whirlwind

Heatran @ choice scarf
Fire blast
Earth power
Hidden power ice

Special sweeper... what goes in the last spot with no explosion? just some filler that im not gonna use?...

Latias @ leftovers
Calm mind
Reflect
recover
dragon pulse

Set up special sweeper. I like here more than mence, and i dont think mence is bulky enough since i wont be using a spinner.

Marshtomp @ leftovers
Earthquake
ice beam
surf

Ice Beam and Surf need to go, he is a Physical sweeper. Also it is Swampert, not marshtomp......... Use Avalanche and Waterfall

Scizor @ choice band
Bullet punch
pursuit
u-turn
superpower

Wow this is a complete overhaul O_o... if u could rate and help both teams and say which you think is better that would be great.

I only commented on the two pokemon I use

DonkeyKongUh

Smash Cadet
TTar was more of an antilead but i can see the problems...

I guess I'll keep swampert physical.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion

New SS team

Hippowdon @ leftovers
Earthquake
Stealth rock
Toxic
Slack off

Alternative lead choice:
Tyranitar @ lum berry
Taunt
Counter
Fire punch
Crunch

Like I said, you didn't have to use hippowdon. But your hippowdon set is better than the TTar one. You might want roar instead of toxic.

Skarmory @ leftovers
Brave bird
Roost
Spikes
Whirlwind

ok

Heatran @ choice scarf
Fire blast
Earth power
Hidden power ice

Dragon pulse is better than flash cannon.

Honestly, you would rarely do more damage when using explosion (only when facing water types, pretty much) and water types counter him anyways. You can keep explosion if you want, it's just not what I would do.

Latias @ leftovers
Calm mind
Reflect
recover
dragon pulse

Looks good

Marshtomp @ leftovers
Earthquake
ice beam
surf

You mean swampert, right?

Like Koarin said, keep it physical.

Scizor @ choice band
Bullet punch
pursuit
u-turn
superpower

It's fine; I suppose gliscor would be decent but it also gives you 3 pokemon with a water weakness and only latias would resist.

You might want to add sandstorm on swampert or something or else this isn't really a sandstorm team.

You kinda seem to be unhappy with your new team. I would say you should try and reform your original team (fixing the original weak points I posted) and come up with your own ideas. I just gave you some of mine just to get you started; I didn't want you to take all of them.

DonkeyKongUh

Smash Cadet
Had a sandstorm team going already. I prettymuch fused them so I'm actually pretty pleased now with the result. Is there i way i can still have SR on my lead, but also put in Tyranitar?

Top Bottom