• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~New Item Idea: Boo~TOO MANY GOOD IDEAS

REØ

Smash Lord
This Item would basically just be Boo floating accross the level, much like the star, and it would activate when a player touched it, or bumped into it, or whatever.

When you touch the Boo it would make the littel laughing noise that Boo's make while it disappeared, so you know the effect was activated, and this would make your percent damage invisible(so your opponet can't keep track of your damage percent), and also make your projectiles invisible! This would last for a brief time, like as long as a star would last.

*Note- Even though your percent damage is invisible, and it only shows the icon, if you are hit you will still recieve the damage which will be tacked onto your previous damage*

Discuss, Flame, Agree, Disagree.

Kalaquinn

Smash Apprentice
The percentage seems kinda pointless, since you can visually tell a character's damage by how far they fly after you hit them. The invisi-item might work. Could be a little unbalanced, especially with projectile weapons. What if Boo stole your opponent's item and gave it to you, just like Mario Kart?

Ami

Smash Ace
Actually, I like the idea.

However, like Kalaquinn said, you can already know your damage. How about Boo gives you a random number and keep your damage invisible? Boo is quite known for confusing things up. Or he could switch your damage with an opponents. Actually, you don't need them to be invisible at all. Boo will just muddle damage numbers up. Dunno, just playing off your idea.

Wash

Smash Apprentice
I really like the idea of hiding your percentage, but I don't know about the invisible items, that might make things a little too crazy. But really good idea, Marth05.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
SSJ4Kazuki said:
Invisibility would KICK A online, but nowehre else.

Boo can steal items, even HAMMERS!

So you'd better keep it in your BAG like I suggested, for a rainy day.

Please say what you think about the bag...

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=1587922#post1587922
*grabs SSJK and punches him 50 feet in the air, instatelaports to SSJK and double kicks him upside-down, causing him to fly even higher, then grabs him again in midair and spins him around, and shoots him with a tank-sized rocket launcher, and then takes out duel katanas and slashes SSJK in the cloud of smoke causing SSJK to fly down. then flies to SSJK and preforms a Shun Goku Satsu and then turns into Super saiya-jin 10,032,904,483,838,595,725,945,024,570,273,638,204,780 tirkaro and does a super kamehameha causing everyone on earth to die and go to pittsburg*

bad kazuki, shamelessly adverising your thead....

back on topic, I would like to see a boo item! (white balls FTW!......wait that didn't sound right o_0;; )

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Wash said:
I really like the idea of hiding your percentage, but I don't know about the invisible items, that might make things a little too crazy. But really good idea, Marth05.
crazy and hectic battles arewhat smash is about! but really, i like the idea of boo hiding ur percentage & projectiles, but then you MIGHT forget what your damage level is.

Captain_Obvious

Smash Journeyman
I'd personally really prefer Boo as a character. There's so much potential there. Besides, how many living creatures do we see as items? One, and that's Mr. Saturn (kind of, because Pokemon don't count).

- Captain R.D. Obvious

Neo_Morphix

Smash Cadet
I think adding Boo to the game would be great, as an item or throphy or whatever, and if it is an item, it would be very interesting, but only Sakurai will know the best way for it to work.

red stone

Smash Ace
sheik players already have that advantage. another reason sheik is totally broken. they already have near invisible projectiles (needles) and they can just put a piece of tape over thier percentage on the tv

Koi Ponded

Smash Rookie
I think Boo would be great as an item, but not as a character. He floats, so it would be kinda wierd to see him jump and then double jump, or even fall off the stage when he can just float back.

I think what Boo should do when you grab him is dissappear...and then a moment later when you least expect it a ginormous boo appears on the scream and does the creepy laugh that scares all the characters (stuns) for a few seconds. That would be awesome XD

gamelover15

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm... Maybe the stun thing is out of his character. I remember in a Mario party game where Boo was summoned by a crystal ball to steal coins. Here's my idea:

Boo's Crystal Ball

Summon Boo by picking up the item and throwing it down. It sends boo to damage a random character. The catch; the damage dealt is the amount Boo heals you, kind of like a 'draining'. Boo will keep draining until character shakes him off, much like in the Mario party game.

Sounds good?

Ami

Smash Ace
I, too, like that idea, gamelover15. I agree that if Boo does appear as an item, he should at least be in character.

I don't really understand how your Boo idea works, though. He'll heal you? I think he should do damage, not heal, otherwise why would the character want to shake off Boo? Unless if I misunderstand what you're saying...

gamelover15

Smash Apprentice
>.< What I was trying to say was, the damage dealt by Boo would be equal to the amount you get healed (20% damage added to the enemy, 20% damage taken off from you damage) What I meant by 'shake off', remember the flower on your head from the lip's stick? It would be like that, except harder.

Get it? >.<

Skywalker

Space Jump
tirkaro said:
*grabs SSJK and punches him 50 feet in the air, instatelaports to SSJK and double kicks him upside-down, causing him to fly even higher, then grabs him again in midair and spins him around, and shoots him with a tank-sized rocket launcher, and then takes out duel katanas and slashes SSJK in the cloud of smoke causing SSJK to fly down. then flies to SSJK and preforms a Shun Goku Satsu and then turns into Super saiya-jin 10,032,904,483,838,595,725,945,024,570,273,638,204,780 tirkaro and does a super kamehameha causing everyone on earth to die and go to pittsburg*

back on topic, I would like to see a boo item! (white balls FTW!......wait that didn't sound right o_0;; )
He wasn't really advertising an idea. He was just . . . suggesting. After all, it is an item thread.

I like the idea of percentages and all. How about the Boo also makes you invisible, but you can still take damage? And also, what if Boo made all idle (not moving) items on stage turn invisible. It'd be so funny when a Bob-omb appears out of thin air and kills you!

Kudos, this thread will be added to my signature.

REØ

Smash Lord
Wow the idea of boo has changed, stunning, life draining, item swapping. All goood choices, but I think other things can be used for those other effects.

ja_ov

Smash Cadet
i think boo should be more of a negative item considering the fact that he is an enemy in most games

he should be one of those items that you usually dont want to get (like the poison mushroom)

i think what boo should do is invert your controls so that when you press up you crouch, left you go right, etc. or maybe he could randomly switch the a, b, x/y and z buttons.

of course this effect would only last like ten seconds because it would really put you in a vulnerable position. maybe you'd be able to shake him off by button mashing or spinning the control stick.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
i think boo should be more of a negative item considering the fact that he is an enemy in most games

he should be one of those items that you usually dont want to get (like the poison mushroom)

i think what boo should do is invert your controls so that when you press up you crouch, left you go right, etc. or maybe he could randomly switch the a, b, x/y and z buttons.

of course this effect would only last like ten seconds because it would really put you in a vulnerable position. maybe you'd be able to shake him off by button mashing or spinning the control stick.
I like your idea about the controls being reversed. Smash needs something like that...

Toomai

Smash Ace
I remeber back somewhere that someone (Ami, I think) suggested damage percentages would get muddled. I kind of like that idea. The Boo would activate once touched. The digits from everyone's %s would get put in a pot, juggled, and attached onto random characters. So if P1 had 7% and P2 lad 19%, then P1 could end up with 17%, 9%, 1%, 79%, 91%, 97%, etc with P2 having the rest of the digits. (It can't be 0% in that case because there's no 0 in 7 or 19.)

Ophelius

Smash Ace
You know the little sprinkles you had on your ice

Went a little overboard, didn't you tirkaro? Maybe the boo can pop up and block the screen for a short amount of time, like the blackness-thingy on SSBM the pokeman use?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Hmmm... Maybe the stun thing is out of his character. I remember in a Mario party game where Boo was summoned by a crystal ball to steal coins. Here's my idea:

Boo's Crystal Ball

Summon Boo by picking up the item and throwing it down. It sends boo to damage a random character. The catch; the damage dealt is the amount Boo heals you, kind of like a 'draining'. Boo will keep draining until character shakes him off, much like in the Mario party game.

Sounds good?
that is pretty cool but i really want him as a player and if he appears in an item he probably wouldn't be a player. you wouldn't have pikachu throw a pokeball and have a pikachu come out

REØ

Smash Lord
There damage precent is invisiible.

Hmm all of these are good ideas, maybe Boo can activate one of these ideas from random, so you will never know what Boo will do, he can switch items, stun you, muddle your percentages, etc.

Eaode

Smash Champion
or he could take every one's percentage, and instead of swapping them to the other players, he averages them out, Kinda like bowser does sometimes in Mario party.

Eaode

Smash Champion
I mean average out the percentage so everyone has the same.

Like if the percents are.....

40%
80%
10%
20%

then you add 'em and divide them , so they come out even

That's come out to 37.5, about 38%. Now everyone has 38% damage.The people with high damage get a lucky break, and the ones with low damage get screwed.

Skywalker

Space Jump
I mean average out the percentage so everyone has the same.

Like if the percents are.....

40%
80%
10%
20%

then you add 'em and divide them , so they come out even

That's come out to 37.5, about 38%. Now everyone has 38% damage.The people with high damage get a lucky break, and the ones with low damage get screwed.
That's not a bad idea.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
I think when you use Boo, one Boo per character should escape from the capsuel or something. If you weren't looking in the direction of the Boo, your Boo attacks you. However, if you were looking at him, the Boo covers his eyes and disappears. They don't dwell on Boo's cowardice as much as they used to.

Skywalker

Space Jump
I think when you use Boo, one Boo per character should escape from the capsuel or something. If you weren't looking in the direction of the Boo, your Boo attacks you. However, if you were looking at him, the Boo covers his eyes and disappears. They don't dwell on Boo's cowardice as much as they used to.
Wow, another good idea; it appears Boo has much potential.

With your idea, that form of Boo could be in a Luigi's Mansion-esque stage. It'd be crazy . . . in a good way!

REØ

Smash Lord
a luigi's mansion stage would be pretty cool, and probably big, and there could be random boos with these effects!

Wash

Smash Apprentice
a luigi's mansion stage would be pretty cool, and probably big, and there could be random boos with these effects!

That's a good idea. I wonder why they didn't have a Luigi's Mansion stage in Melee, figuring it was a big game for the good ol' Cube. And were the Boos really scared of you? I thought they were more on the offensive in games like Super Mario 64. Great ideas though. They ought to have been included in Melee. I like the idea of averaging out the percentages the best.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Wow, another good idea; it appears Boo has much potential.

With your idea, that form of Boo could be in a Luigi's Mansion-esque stage. It'd be crazy . . . in a good way!
With random Boos appearing everywhere. Nice! Besides, its about time Luigi had his own definitive stage.

Top Bottom