• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Jersey Power Rankings?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I got this idea from the Florida people in the Atlantic South board.

Basically, I think it would be fun to power rank just our state.

Top 15-20 players. 25 is too much just for one state, I think.

We can form a panel and then go over results and submit lists and such like the main panel does.

So, who wants to be on the panel? :p

JFox

Smash Hero
lolz...didnt we do this once before? And than ryoko came with words of wisdom. Allow me to remind you- "Can't you guys like....Shut the f*ck up and just play the game already?"

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I wish this region was more like the south and midwest, where most people are nice, open-minded, and way more chill. :(

stfu magus

$5 MM next time i c u kthx

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
1-m2k
2-who cares its nj
3- ''
4- ''
5- ''
6- ''
7- ''
8- ''
9- ''
10- ''
11- ''
12- ''
13- ''
14- ''
15- ''
16- ''
17- ''
18- ''
19- ''
20- ''

ok all done. there you have it, top 20 for nj.

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
i think 15-20 might be alot for one state, if u take a number though i thinkn 15 is better, not too much. lemme be a panelist, lol, it'll make me feel important cause i dont have a cool color where my name is. but the only real NJ tournies r the KOTC since i heard ur not doing palmer inn anymore. i nominate LK and jfox to be panelists though

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
yea they had a thread on this before about "NJ's best smashers" or something like that and it just became a thread of egos and arguments. =\ and HBK i don't think inui has the power to give your name a color for being a panelist on an nj power ranking

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Well, the other regions actually DID this. Why is everyone so harsh around here?

After KotC, Guantlet, and TGP, this weekend we can probably make an accurate list together.

Panelists so far(?):

Inui
Lord Knight
HBK

JFox

Smash Hero
Heart Break Kid said:
i think 15-20 might be alot for one state, if u take a number though i thinkn 15 is better, not too much. lemme be a panelist, lol, it'll make me feel important cause i dont have a cool color where my name is. but the only real NJ tournies r the KOTC since i heard ur not doing palmer inn anymore. i nominate LK and jfox to be panelists though
I un-nominate myself from being a panelist. I really don't have the knowledge of NJ players that some other do. I also don't really care for the squabbling that surrounds the entire situation.

I personally think people like WoZ would be a really good candidate though. He has been in the scene for a really long time, and has played with all of the best in Jersey.

Oh and I nominate KM. Yeah so what if he has little knowledge of New Jersey smashers...hes a cool guy right? Yeah exactly so shut up and just go with it. ;)

Inui

Banned via Warnings
WoZ would be great, and prolly even Emblem Lord, since they've been around a lot.

Suicide Fox should be like...Head Panelist, tho. He's the biggest veteran in the state, pretty much.

And M2K should be on it, too.

JFox

Smash Hero
No offense to M2K, but I really disagree with him being a panelist. He is number one, and so he acts like everyone else under him just sucks. I don't think he would really be able to accurately decide between lesser known players such as Muz vs. Sensei or HBK vs. Raptor Hawk. Especially since he two stocks most of the second half of the list with most of his characters.

Joker

Smash Ace
No...its just that hes talking about the most known M2k theres 2 m2ks

Theres the one from 2004-05 thats the one hes talking about (personality wise anyway)

Then theres the more current day M2k, hes not AS MUCH as a problem as he used to be, hes gotten better skills wise but also as a person to an extent.

If you knew both like i did you'd know what i mean.
:tired: :tired: :tired:

JFox

Smash Hero
Um inui maybe you should read my posts better before flying off the handle with stupid comments.

I agree, M2K has a pretty good image of the top ten. But if its going to go to 20 people, I don't think he could decide who is better since many of those people he plays to a lesser extent, and still beats them pretty hard. I gave the example of Muz and Sensei, two players I would say are close in skill and will most likely be making the top 20. He beats both of them hard enough to make it difficult to really get an accurate reading. So as the list goes further, he will struggle because those players are at such a different level.

Inui I am trying to put all biases I have about M2k aside. I really do make an effort to look past his shortcomings, as well as yours.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Well, he's not gonna be a panelist. He just told me what he thinks. =P

So far I think it's me, HBK, and Lord Knight. Two more people are fine.

We'll discuss tournament results and make our lists, then average them out.

chinesahh

Smash Lord
i am unsure why you would want a panelist for just your state

basically, you know who is good and who isnt already, locally. on top of that, making a list would only anger some people, hurt their feelings, and they might hold a grudge or something stupid

and like whats already said

who cares? wtf "man, im ranked higher than sensei" -.-...

g-regulate

Smash Hero
im not even from NJ and i can give you an accurate list, in order

m2k
zang
da dav3
ryoko (is he NJ? i think so)
comp
sensei
lunchbox
WoZ
hbk
LK
inui

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Zang quit, and I beat Sensei and HBK pretty badly in tourny. I think you're kinda underestimating me, Greg. XD

We'll see what happens at KotC and Guantlet. =P

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
chinesahh said:
i am unsure why you would want a panelist for just your state

basically, you know who is good and who isnt already, locally. on top of that, making a list would only anger some people, hurt their feelings, and they might hold a grudge or something stupid

and like whats already said

who cares? wtf "man, im ranked higher than sensei" -.-...
makes a very good point, people hold grudges for the silliest things these days and im not the type to get into an argument with anyone, this list could also boost people's egos' which could also start conflict. "well based on the NJ power rankings im better than you so..." which would be a very stupid argument. You can see all the flaming and spamming that started with the first couple of Power rankings for the entire US. So i think unitl evryone can agree that this is just for fun and wont take any seriousness to the list i wont be a panelist cause i dont want people upset at me, especially emblem Lord cause he would never make it onto the list.

nvm, did zang quit? cause he was at mlg chicago...

g-regulate

Smash Hero
just cause you beat them once in tourney doesnt mean you are better. im just speaking about overall. and even tho zang "quit" he is still better than everyone on the list minus m2k. its not that i think you are bad inui, i just never see you place.

Joker

Smash Ace
:ohwell:
Uh...just wanted to let you guys know, incase your a little late on the news.

States and or state rankings dont really mean anything.
AKA
No one cares, cause when it comes down to it, what are you gonna care more about?

State rankings or MLG rankings???
Although me personally could give a **** about either :tired:
Stop worrying about top 10 of a state or some crap.
I wonder how long it'll take you noobs to just love smash, and not worry about such low and trivial things, such as what this thread represents.

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
Joker said:
:ohwell:
Uh...just wanted to let you guys know, incase your a little late on the news.

States and or state rankings dont really mean anything.
AKA
No one cares, cause when it comes down to it, what are you gonna care more about?

State rankings or MLG rankings???
Although me personally could give a **** about either :tired:
Stop worrying about top 10 of a state or some crap.
I wonder how long it'll take you noobs to just love smash, and not worry about such low and trivial things, such as what this thread represents.
inui, i dont think this would be a good idea even though other people in other communities have done this. :urg:

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I disagree.

Although smash is a fun game, when you play it at this level, you sacrifice fun for sheer compitition.

threads like this represent the nature of the sport, and although flame wars will evolve from it, we must look at all aspect of the game, even past the fun.

Joker, though you are right in the fact that alot of people lose sight of the fun of the game, I feel you've lost your true competitive side. And with that, you lose the right to judge those who haven't.

btw, come over on thurs and beat my *** with Samus til I learn. >_<*

Lord Knight

Smash Lord
No, you don't sacrifice fun.

The point of a ranking list is to encourage those not on the list to improve enough to make it, and encourage those on it to get higher. But all of that won't matter if no one has fun playing the game. >.>

zeus15king

Smash Apprentice
Lord Knight said:
No, you don't sacrifice fun.

The point of a ranking list is to encourage those not on the list to improve enough to make it, and encourage those on it to get higher. But all of that won't matter if no one has fun playing the game. >.>

Well said LK.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I meant some fun, not all.

You think kids who grow up dreaming of NFL have a good time going through Camp? Doubtful.

There's a drive that makes you love the game, though you work at it like a job.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
And they place, Greg? XD

If people hold grudges or get upset over something like this, then they are too immature to compete professionaly in anything.

Top Bottom