• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Jiggs guide needed, no time to update this one :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veril

Frame Savant
A new direction.

This is not a typical guide. This is not a recipe for playing Jigglypuff. I will show you the tools and give you the information you may not be able to find simply by playing the game. Frame data, advanced techniques and strategies, combos, KO%; these are what I can teach you. What I am willing to teach you.

The elements of Jigglypuff's game, the specific ways to approach, space, "mindgame" your opponent; all these things are for you to learn. They cannot be taught. You cannot learn how to space your moves, how to read DI, how to react in a dynamic and competitive setting, by reading. I can assure you that you will use your strategies and not mine when you're under pressure. The exact frames to autocancel aerials, the % combos work at, how to use dash canceling, rest interrupts, and other specific information gained through testing... these can augment your existing strategies and playstyle.

Don't expect the baby steps. Expect detailed, accurate and advanced information and how to apply it. My strategies are my own, but my hard data will be made public here and explained.

*All frame data was collected by myself testing frame perfect with the frame advance code (debug menu). Values are for B+ (this really matters for shieldstun). If you intend to use this information at any point, please remember to credit me or I will do terrible unspeakable things to you. As you will see, some information does not match up to the vBrawl Jiggs frame data. I will note that I currently assume the hitbox durations shown there are correct for all aerials, so credit goes to Illinialex for testing them.

My data is accurate. I use the most precise methods of testing possible. I will have a list sans explanations in the post following Airgemini's... when I get around to it lol. I've got a lot of smash related work.

I am going to try and arrange the majority of the newer guide material in this format:

Jigglyfaqs 1: Why use bair instead of fair?

Fair has greater range, a strong and weak hitbox, equivalent startup to bair, and a long sex kick. It can kill with the strong hitbox, and the weak hitbox has low knockback, making it a great move to start combos. It can setup for 3 KO moves: strong fair, rest, and dash attack. B-air has less aerial lag and an awesome knockback angle and can easily combo into itself as well as fair. The knockback is less than the strong hitbox but greater than the weak one. This means it loses out in regards to versitility, but fills a niche that f-air does not. The moves differ in regards to the autocancel points, hitstun frames, and aerial lag... thus the best times to land them to maximize frame advantage.

Alright children, gather round. This here's what we like to call frame data. Normally people look at it like, "Wow, x obvious trait sure is obvious without even seeing this data. I feel good about knowing these numbers without actually understanding what they tell me."

This is wrong. Here's an overview of some relevant frame data

Both Fair and b-air both have 7 frames of starting lag. Landing during any of these frames will cause the move to autocancel, and you will suffer only 2 frames of landing lag vs. the normal 11. The hitboxes both begin on frame 8. Bair's hitbox stays out slightly longer (8-11) than f-airs strong hitbox (8-9), though fairs weak hitbox lasts a long time (10-20). B-air also ends earlier by 5 frames while in the air (32 vs 37) and autocancels earlier (23+ vs. 27+).

When you take into account their shield hit lag differentials and shieldstun, that's when things truly become interesting...

f-air:

@Everyone: I will absolutely NOT tolerate any bs in my thread. BS will include: flaming, trolling, and spam. Also, there should be no discussion of buffs or nerfs... at least explicitly, implicit discussion is fine (say bringing up Jiggs mobility for example, without being like "buff us plz"). I will ask mod people if discussion of Jigglypuff's mobility can include buff-talk, since its a really important issue).

The things I ask of you are very simple. Please respect me, my work, and this thread. I want to help all of you out here.

Dead but Dreaming:
Changes from Brawl to Brawl+​

(Video) My Emotional Response to the Change.

Jigglypuff got shafted in Brawl. Rest got nerfed hard, though not as hard as people thought initially. With hitstun gone, WoP was weakened substantially. Her f-smash was slower, her d-smash was incredibly punishable, and d-tilt and sing were borderline useless. Stale moves hurt her badly by limiting her use of f-air, her best KOing move.

Jigglyplus is substantially better without being as brokenly good as melee Jiggs. Rest now KOs very early, around 30% without DI from the center of FD and there are a ton of ways to combo into it. The trade off is that a KOing rest is now punishable given the knockback angle, so you still have to carefully consider when you use it. The ability to rest through moves (that I've been talking about forever) is nerfed in B+, but not gone. Its impossible to rest through most multihit moves in B+ (unlike Brawl), BUT resting through hitboxes is still possible... and really cool. Rest has effectively unbeatable priority due to invincibility frames.

Stale Move Negation was a f***ing b****. Now that its gone we can f-air again! It makes the dash attack better as well. I can't really make it clear how amazing f-air is now.

Jigglypuff still has the major weakness of being a balloon. She dies so fast and hitstun means we can't f-air as fast to get back aerial control. Disjointed hitboxes are a huge problem still. She has limited range on many of her moves, a mediocre ground game, and pound isn't quite as good since there are so few followups to it.

Jiggs is THE glass cannon of Brawl+. Incredibly deadly... super fragile. Good, but not broken.

I'm going to respond preemptively to the John's and calls to nerf rest... with emoticons.

:laugh: :p

No!
Pros and Cons of Jigglyplus

Pros:
-Adorable
-amazing aerial combo game.
-insanely low % KOs with Rests, strong fair, WoP and gimps.
-very good grab game with numerous setups for a grab and amazing range.
-The best recovery in the game after MK.
-can't really be CGed
-Zero to death combo's (can be escaped with DI by savvy opponents) on the entire cast.
-fantastic aerial speed and maneuverability
-Best character in the game on teams
-pound

Neutral:
-A sub-par ground game made much better with dash-canceling, dash-dancing, etc
-Rest is punishable on KO and as such its use is limited to a certain % window.
-We can combo into sing. This is basically the funniest thing in the game but not especially useful unless somehow you manage to cancel it (not really practical since the combos I know of are onstage).
-Lightstepping still works. "shrug"
-Several moves are very situational.
-Throws aren't specular in any way.

Cons:
-lightest character in the game. She dies comically early.
-DON'T GET GRABBED! Throw combos (not counting the CGs) are maximally effective against Jigglypuff because of how weight dependent throw effects are calculated.
-momentum canceling is less effective than in vBrawl.
-Obviously bad matchups with Marth and GW. Several other soft and hard counters may exist.
-KO moves become much harder to land at high% when her combos become easier to escape.
-poor range and priority on most of her moves
-sing

this isn't comprehensive, feel free to add something.

Combos. We've got a lot of them. WoP is back. Since that's most of what you're probably reading this guide for that's what I'm going to be putting up.

The combos I'm currently testing are: up-tilt to up-tilt/up-smash/up-air/rest. I will attempt to have them for a good portion of the cast.

The Best Combo starters / chaining moves: up-tilt, autocanceled up-air, rising up-air, Land-canceled d-air, f/b/n-air strong and soft versions, sometimes up-smash.

Moves that always will end a combo: rest, d-smash, rollout.

Tricks and Tech

Buffering:

While it comes down to personal preference what you want to set your buffer window at, I recommend keeping it no lower than 3 (though too high a buffer is silly). Certain techniques, like the "pseudo-waveland" (a buffered sliding shield out of an autocanceled aerial or airdodge... or normal landing), really benefit from a larger frame-window.

Is there a way to change the buffer window in training? I'd really really really really like to know.

Dash-Canceling:

It is now possible to cancel a dash by crouching. This is extremely significant most importantly because it allows for DC up-tilts.

Dash-dancing:

Jigglypuff's ground game really benifits from her dash-dance. We have a lot of good options here including but not limited to: fox trotting, dash canceling (f-smash and up-tilt are good options), boost-smashing, boost-grabs, boost-pivot-grabs, dash grab, pivot grab, strong or weak dash attacks, SH aerials, RAR b-air, etc.

SHADing and The Pseudo-Waveland:

I assume you all know what SHADing is. When you airdodge and land while buffering shield you'll slide while shielding, the legnth of the slide varies by character, and Jiggs is long enough to be useful. You can buffer anything usable OOS from this, but the best use of this is to buffer shield right before an aerial autocancels, this will give you a somewhat increased range for grabs OR a safer retreating option.

There seems like there are a lot of potential uses for SHADing and the pseudowaveland. It definitely improves her ability to combo f-air and b-air into grabs.

How to kill; adorably.

Another section I have to write up. Jiggs has the best low% KO ability of any character in the game. Period. As the opponent gets to higher % however, her options shrink drastically. For now I'll just list the more common ways of KOing.

Gimping
stage spiking
comboing into rest
perfect resting
f-smash (higher %)
up-tilt (higher %)
rollout (situational largely, there are combos into it though)
d-smash edgeguard
strong dash attack (high%)
soft f-air to strong f-air combo
Offstage WoP
Charged Boost Smash (tech chase)

Moveset Overview and Combo Sequences: 4.1 info will be up soon

Combos are tested without DI on FD. I list those that register as consecutive hits in training. Eventually I'll have all the worthwhile combos on all characters here. Before you flame me, one of the reasons I did these two moves first is that DI doesn't really make as huge a difference with a purely vertical move. Some % may be too low due to human error. I try hard to make it as accurate as possible. No % are too high.

Throw formula:

[first actionable frame (w) - release frame (w) = lag]

f-throw: [30-13=25] b-throw: [50-26=24]* u-throw: [42-9=31]* d-throw: [90-67=23]

*weight dependent

Up-tilt: A fantastic move at low% for setting up combos. It comes out fast and has little ending lag. The knockback is nearly vertical and low enough early on to combo extremely well, especially into rest. At low% and high% (~140) up-tilt can easily KO or lead to a KO. The problem inherent in this move is actually landing it. Its hitbox extends a surprising distance back due to its disjoint but has pitiful range in front. The move has a very small range in general (though it has reasonable priority) and getting into position is going to be even more difficult once your opponent realizes up-tilt will cause their face to explode.
Damage: 9 ~-<~>-~ Combos into: Every other move. Seriously...
Setups: FF strong or weak nair, land-canceled d-air, autocanceled up-air, back air, weak f-air, up-smash...
Applicable Techniques / weirdness: Dash-canceled up-tilt, setting c-stick to attacks, pseudo-wavelanding, pivot walking.

Up-tilt x2: A very simple low% combo that works well on fastfallers. The best followups are rest, up-air or b-air (depending on DI).
dmg: 18%

Up-tilt to auto-canceled up air: another low% combo. This one has a small % window for each character. Within that window though its ****. You can follow it up with just about anything, but an aerial, pound or rest are the best options generally. This combo is basically inescapable if you read the DI.
dmg: 18

Up-tilt to rising up-air: a much wider % window this is a very useful combo. Followup with rest, another up-air or whatever. Combo into a footstool for extra ****.
dmg: 18

Up-tilt to rest: a low to mid% noob combo. Escapable with DI at higher % and make sure you know the % it works at. Overall really easy once started and usually KOs.
dmg: 40

Up-Smash: probably her best smash. Though it has few overt impressive qualities, it excels at one thing: tech chasing. Its KO potential pales in comparison to rest and f-air. It neither combos as well as up-tilt or autocanceled up-air, its damage isn't very good, and its not especially fast. The boost-smash is really what makes this move.

The boost-smash, because of its speed and the distance covered (the greatest of any of her moves) is a very good tech chase option. Rest, rollout and n-air are also good tech chase options (I'm gonna make a section on this). An important distinction of the boost-smash is how fast it moves and that it can combo at some %. This actually lets you set up combos into rest out of a tech chased roll! Obviously its also a good way to punish general retardness or wonderful mistakes (your call :p) like people landing onstage from the helpless state, this might happen with the mother boys since sweetspotted pkt2 is an easy gimp.

Down-Smash: prepare for disappointment. This move is highly situational. It is only worth using for edgeguarding, and that isn't even true for the whole cast. When you do land d-smash as an edgeguard its pretty sweet, and you will most likely have a followup gimp KO. Don't use this move onstage, its slow, laggy and the opponent can actually tech out of the hit (so it can't really KO worth s***).

Down-smash does have a really cool charge animation and can be used as a taunt.

Setups: trip, missed tech, noob roll spam, opponent recovering with up-b, opponent attacked by bees.
Applicable Techniques / weirdness: Dash Canceling! This is really useful for getting that edgeguard.

Down-Air: People thing this move is far better than it is.

Yes, Land-canceled d-air can combo into rest without the trip now. However, if the person can SDI and has a pulse, this combo won't generally work well beyond 70-90% depending on the character size and weight. After that its incredibly easy to escape, and even close to those %, you have to read their DI well.

This move is largely eclipsed by her other aerials, which in almost all situations are superior options. The saving grace of this move is its potential to trip. Tripping the opponent gives you safer options than rest. It also has more disjoint than any other aerial she has (minus pound), and does a good deal of damage if all hits connect. Unfortunately there are fewer effective combos into this aerial than with the others.

Certain matchups make the d-air way better. Olimar is a good example, since d-air is the safest approach option (note I didn't say "safe"). Sometimes it can be used as a gimping tool, due to its sexy hitbox, but most of the time b-air and f-air are better.

Rest: "Yawn" > translation > "I am become death" Oppenheimer Jigglypuff.

When Jigglypuff falls asleep, she dreams of the nuclear chaos writhing at the center of all things. Those close to her briefly touch the mind of Jigglypuff, and are lost (Lovecraft anyone?). To understand how powerful rest is, watch the opening scene of Akira.

Rest in B+ is about as good as an oreo clondike bar (amazing). It KOs incredibly early, has many setups, and deals a ton of damage. What keeps it from being too good is how incredibly punishable it is. The comic amount of lag after this move makes it punishable on KO... really punishable. Obviously writing all the ways it could be punished would be stupid, since I'd be hurting myself by revealing this info. However, I will say that Pit, if he reads your DI, can easily wrack up massive damage off one combo (upon respawn). Ganon can just flat out kill Jiggs on respawn, even at incredibly low %.

Basically you want to combo into rest at as close to 40% as possible on most characters, since that is almost always a KOunless its the last stock, in which case go for the kill.For those of you who read all my old rest research: rest cannot interrupt multi-hit moves anywhere near as well as in vBrawl. Perfect rests still work, in the exact same manner, making rest an insane combo breaker. Depending on the situation, this may be another point to use rest.
Priority: Rest beats everything as a result of its invincibility frames. The only way it doesn't hit is if the opponent is invincible or you flat out miss.
knockback angle: 45°, so DI won't drastically change the KO%. It also means rest KOs to the side now. If rest KOs off the top, it is not punishable.
Setups: weak nair or f-air, b-air, up-air, land-canceled d-air, autocanceled up-air, pound (not universal), up-tilt, up-smash, d-throw (not universal), up-throw (not universal), ledge-canceled sing, item tricks.
Applicable Techniques / weirdness: OOS rest, Wavelanding into buffered rest, spotdodge to rest, perfect shield to rest, perfect rest, rest interrupts!

Grab and Throws: Jigglypuff has a rediculous grab range, especially with the pivot grab. In addition, she has a lot of ways to get a grab, and has a boost grab! Too bad her throws mostly suck. I say this because almost every other character has superior options out of their d-throws and some can KO (Ness, Squirtle, etc). Jiggs cannot KO with her throws, but she can get an opponent offstage with b-throws. F-throw doesn't combo into anything, but it puts the opponent in a position where its easy to f-air them. Up-throw is useless. D-throw is amazing... against some characters... when people fail at DI. In this situation, you can rest or up-air (rest) them. When they do DI, sometimes its possible to hit with a DACUS or f-air, but this isn't usually a combo (ie, don't bother). One good thing is you can pound through their airdodge when they do DI.

Overall, Jiggs d-throw followups are largely negated by DI, and there's no reason an opponent will mess it up more than once. Of course, if they do they might just lose a stock. Still, Jiggs throws aren't very good :(

Characters that can be d-air rested w/o DI (rough combo range): CF (0-120), DDD (0-20), Falco (0-105), Fox (0-85) "looks at Glick", Ike (0-20), Martha (0-40), Link (0-?), Pit (0-?), Sonic (0-?), Snake (0-?).
Characters that can be d-air up-aired w/o DI: the above +: dK, DK, ICs, Ivysaur, Mario, Olimar, Rob, Sheik, Wolf.

Videos
Combo Demonstration #1

Combos By character (4.0 beta)

Bowser:

Up-Tilt Combos:

1. to up-tilt: works to 24%.
2. to up-smash: works to 28%.
3. not tested
4. to up-air: 0-54?
:bee: to rest: works to 45%.

Autocanceled Up-Air Combos:

1. to up-tilt: works to 49%.
2. to up-smash: works to 52%.
3. not tested
4. to up-air: 0-86
:bee: to rest: works to 67%.

Interrupt Rests
-flamethrower (or whatever its called) can be interrupted by SDI-ing into Bowser and resting.

Cpt. Falcon:

Up-Tilt Combos:

1. to up-tilt: works to 60%.
2. to up-smash: works to 64%.
3. not tested
4. to up-air: 5-95
:bee: to rest: works to 90%.

1. to up-tilt: 0-93%.
2. to up-smash: 11-94%.
3. not tested
4. to up-air: 30?-140
:bee: to rest: 0-115%.

Interrupt Rests

-Continuous Jab can be rested through with no SDI.

Charizard:

Up-Tilt Combos:

1. to up-tilt: 0-24%.
2. to up-smash: 0-27%.
3. not tested
4. to up-air: 0-55
:bee: to rest: 0-44%.

Interrupt Rests
-Flamethrower can be interrupted in the same manner as Bowser's.

Diddy Kong:

Up-Tilt Combos:

1. to up-tilt: 0-30%.
2. to up-smash: 0-33%.
3. not tested
4. to up-air: 0-55
:bee: to rest: 0-45%.

Interrupt Rests
-Second jab maybe
-Continuous Jab can be interrupted with SDI towards diddy, out of the tail.
-Up-smash can be interrupted with SDI down before the third hit, preferably before the second since I'm not sure if it works at high % otherwise.
-Fsmash maybe
-dash attack maybe

Donkey Kong:

Up-Tilt Combos:

1. to up-tilt: 0-26%.
2. to up-smash: 0-34%.
3. not tested
4. to up-air: 0-60
:bee: to rest: 0-50%.

Interrupt Rests
-no

Falco:

Up-Tilt Combos:

1. to up-tilt: o-71%.
2. to up-smash: 14-74%.
3. not tested
4. to up-air: 30?-100?
:bee: to rest: 0-100%.

1. to up-tilt: works to 51%.
2. to up-smash: works to 58%.
3. not tested
4. to up-air: 0-100

Interrupt Rests
-maybe nair with SDI

Fox:

Up-Tilt Combos:

1. to up-tilt: works to 42%.
2. to up-smash: to 46%.
3. not tested
4. to up-air: ?-77
:bee: to rest: works to 67!%

Interrupt Rests
-continuous jab without SDI
-Possibly f-air with SDI, but not likely

Ganon:

Up-Tilt Combos:

1. to up-tilt: works to 24%.
2. to up-smash: to 27%.
3. not tested
4. to up-air: 0-54
:bee: to rest: works to 39%

Interrupt Rests
lolno

GW:

Up-Tilt Combos:

1. to up-tilt: works to 17%.
2. to up-smash: to 20%.
3. not tested
4. to up-air: 0-44
:bee: to rest: works to 31%

Interrupt Rests
Second Jab: untested but likely

King DDD:

Up-Tilt Combos:

1. to up-tilt: 0-36%.
2. to up-smash: 0-39%.
3. not tested
4. to up-air: 0-54
:bee: to rest: 0-68%.

Interrupt Rests
Second Jab worked in vBrawl, I'm unsure if it still does.

Kirby:

Up-Tilt Combos:

1. to up-tilt: works to 11%.
2. to up-smash: to 16%.
3. not tested
4. to up-air: 0-38
:bee: to rest: works to 26%

Interrupt Rests
Continuous Jab: possible but not realistic SDI towards kirby to rest

Lucas:

Up-Tilt Combos:

1. to up-tilt: works to 17%.
2. to up-smash: to 21%.
3. not tested
4. to up-air: 0-33
:bee: to rest: works to 45%

Interrupt Rests
No interrupts exist, but you can SDI down at low% and punish his up-tilt.

Luigi:

Up-Tilt Combos:

1. to up-tilt: works to 11%.
2. to up-smash: works to 16%.
3. not tested
4. to up-air: 0-40
:bee: to rest: works to 34%.

Mario, more detailed than the others for now- Rest KOs at ~30% w/o DI. Keep in mind that some things I say here (pound and up-air to rest not being so great for example) don't apply to everyone.

Up-Tilt Combos:

1. to up-tilt: works to 22%. Deals 18% dmg. At really low % this is great.
2. to up-smash: works to 27%. Deals 22+%. Not especially useful but not too hard either if you learn the timing.
3. to f/b/n-air: works to ~45%. Can lead to loads more aerials. You can also use pound but the followups are limited so I didn't list it.
4. to up-air: works to 60%! (rising up-air to rest is not where its at though)
:bee: to rest: works to 40%. Basically ****.

Autocanceled Up-Air Combos: the best combo starter Jiggs has imo

1. to up-tilt: works up to 42%. Think about it...
2. to rising up-air: works from 28-85%.
:bee::bee: to rest: works up to 74%. I know.

These moves cannot be used as combo starters on Mario: f-tilt, d-tilt?, dash-attack, rollout, f/d-smash, any throw, rest (duh), and pound. Pound does not combo (on Mario)... stop saying that it does.

Meatknight:

Up-Tilt Combos:

1. to up-tilt: works to 15%.
2. to up-smash: works to 21%.
3. not tested
4. to up-air: 0-38
:bee: to rest: works to 37%.

Martha:

Up-Tilt Combos:

1. to up-tilt: works to 33%.
2. to up-smash: works to 38%.
3. not tested
4. to up-air: 0-63
:bee: to rest: works to 60%.

1. to up-tilt: works to 51%.
2. to up-smash: works to 58%.
3. not tested
4. to up-air: 0-100

Ness:

Up-Tilt Combos:

1. to up-tilt: works to 15%.
2. to up-smash: to 18%.
3. not tested
4. to up-air: 0-43
:bee: to rest: works to 28%

Sheik:

Up-Tilt Combos:

1. to up-tilt: works to 27%.
2. to up-smash: works to 29%.
3. not tested
4. to up-air: 0-53
:bee: to rest: works to 41%.

Snake:

Up-Tilt Combos:

1. to up-tilt: works to 49%. omgwtfhax
2. to up-smash: works to 51%. Okay, special treatment goes to this one. Even with DI, at higher %, you can combo up-tilt into a FULLY CHARGED boost smash or running up-smash if you read the DI correctly. This gives you a 27-30 damage combo at higher %.
3. not tested
4. to up-air: ?-83
:bee: to rest: 0-71%.

Wario:

Up-Tilt Combos:

1. to up-tilt: 0-16%.
2. to up-smash: 0-21%.
3. not tested
4. to up-air: 0-33
:bee: to rest: 0-48%.

Wolf:

Up-Tilt Combos:

1. to up-tilt: 0-23%.
2. to up-smash: 0-27%.
3. not tested
4. to up-air: 0-53
:bee: to rest: 0-38%.

Yoshi:

Up-Tilt Combos:

1. to up-tilt: works to 23%.
2. to up-smash: ? to 24%.
3. not tested
4. to up-air: 10-63
:bee: to rest: works to 44%.

Feel free to submit some! Jiggs needs a combo list! :)

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Jigglyplus... god****, those rest combos do scare me...

Honestly, I think an overall guide would be best, since an understanding of the new mechanics of Jiggs' basic moves will more likely lead to more discoveries of combos.

Aside from that, good ****, Veril. Hope to see you at Brawl + Fun. :-)

Veril

Frame Savant
Jigglyplus... god****, those rest combos do scare me...

Honestly, I think an overall guide would be best, since an understanding of the new mechanics of Jiggs' basic moves will more likely lead to more discoveries of combos.

Aside from that, good ****, Veril. Hope to see you at Brawl + Fun. :-)
They should. Don't get up-tilted. Its easy to avoid but if it hits you are f***ed.

I know almost every Jiggs combo in vBrawl, I just haven't posted them because they're mediocre. This makes it really easy for me to test in B+ since I already know the basics of her moveset very very well.

Clever_Sleazoid

Smash Apprentice
Random, but, do you happen to have a link to the texture of the Jigglypuff in your avatar Veril? I NEED it!

Rest combos are amazing, I fear any thoughts of adding stale move KB reduction, because Jiggz would just become SOOO much worse (by that, I mean to the opponent, as she would be ****** left and right).

Does anybody have any good nair setups, follow-ups/anything with nair?

Also, is her dtilt and ftilt just about pointless, or has anyone found at least a mediocre use for it?

Veril

Frame Savant
Random, but, do you happen to have a link to the texture of the Jigglypuff in your avatar Veril? I NEED it!

Rest combos are amazing, I fear any thoughts of adding stale move KB reduction, because Jiggz would just become SOOO much worse (by that, I mean to the opponent, as she would be ****** left and right).

Does anybody have any good nair setups, follow-ups/anything with nair?

Also, is her dtilt and ftilt just about pointless, or has anyone found at least a mediocre use for it?
I've had this avatar forever... someone did make me a texture for it, for my B-day, but I'm not sharing. You've gotta find it :p

They should not add stale moves, I will kill a b****! How f***ing confusing will combos become! Its a terrible terrible idea and if they do it I won't use their codeset at any tourney I may host (yay finding a large venue near me!). I gotta get on that...

Neither are pointless, just situational. I like f-tilt personally. Give me some time and I'll have info on all the moves.

Clever_Sleazoid

Smash Apprentice
Combos won't become confusing IMO, just some will become way too darn good and itll throw the game off a bit. I just want slight damage reduction stale moves.

And I looked EVERYWHER FOR IT! I'm at the end of my ropes! I NEED IT, pleeeease! *cries*

Veril

Frame Savant
Combos won't become confusing IMO, just some will become way too darn good and itll throw the game off a bit. I just want slight damage reduction stale moves.

And I looked EVERYWHER FOR IT! I'm at the end of my ropes! I NEED IT, pleeeease! *cries*
Knockback reduction is a terrible idea is what I meant, that would make things broken and confusing as h***.

Damage reduction is fine by me.

Clever_Sleazoid

Smash Apprentice
I know what you meant, I disagreed that anything would be confusing. It's in Melee too to a small degree. It WOULD be broken though if we leave the metagame as is.

Veril

Frame Savant
I know what you meant, I disagreed that anything would be confusing. It's in Melee too to a small degree. It WOULD be broken though if we leave the metagame as is.
There's no way to say that and I strongly disagree. Melee had a damage staling system but the knockback staling was so tiny that it was barely noticable. It's unnecessary code. Besides, there's nothing really broken about the system that can't be fixed by giving some moves greater knockback or switching around angles.

Jiggs is definitely not broken. Here's a list of characters I've heard people say are broken:

ZSS, Sheik, Jiggs, Fox, Falcon!, MK, Pikachu, Kirby, Wolf, Wario, Luigi, diddy and GW. Not that I agree with all of these... I think Ness is really friggin good to. Oh man, its almost like they all have some good trait and maybe they might counter eachother, thus making for an inherently balanced (at least possible with tweaking to improve the rest) cast. WAAAYYY more balanced than Brawl or Melee in terms of raw numbers of currently viable characters.

Anyway, I'm done arguing this in my guide. Unless you have something Jiggs related to add please continue this somewhere else. I've basically said what I need to.

Clever_Sleazoid

Smash Apprentice
I've argued literally NOTHING with you. All I DISAGREED with was it would NOT be more confusing if we added stale KB (and I did not argue this, as it's opinionated), though many characters would become broken if we added stale KB to the CURRENT metagame (which you AGREED WITH).

I have no idea what the hell you think I'm saying, and quite frankly, it's annoying for ME as well.

So yeah... onto Jiggz discussion.

And no character is broken in the current B+. To even state that would be so stupid. I've really "argued" nothing. And I've disagreed on one thing. You're clearly misunderstanding A LOT.

Veril

Frame Savant
So yeah... onto Jiggz discussion.

And no character is broken in the current B+. To even state that would be so stupid. I've really "argued" nothing. And I've disagreed on one thing. You're clearly misunderstanding A LOT.
The wording of a lot of the posts is confusing, sorry if I came off as hostile. It happens from time to time. I've been getting in a lot of arguments over B+ lately. Again, I flipped a little... :(

Are things cool?

Some characters may need to be toned down a bit. A lot of people have said characters are broken, and they aren't stupid, just wrong atm imo. Jigglypuff's rest should kill about 10% higher. That would make most of the death combos escapable with DI. I mean, Fox's up-tilt, sheiks f-tilt and f-air, etc, need to be toned down as well. Its just not to the point where any of them are the Brawl tornado or Snake's up-tilt.

Metatitan

Smash Master
we need a section on tech chased rests, moves that can force pple onto the ground so if they forget to tech u can jab them and rest them as they get up, good stuff like that :)

Veril

Frame Savant
we need a section on tech chased rests, moves that can force pple onto the ground so if they forget to tech u can jab them and rest them as they get up, good stuff like that :)
Write it and post. I'll edit it to fit the guide. I will be working on finding all the major combos and discussing her moveset, getting KO% for everything, messing around with DC, etc.

Metatitan

Smash Master
for fastfallers d throw can generally make them fall onto the ground, many other chars can fall onto platforms after a d throw. pound and strong nair can also force them onto the ground. in all these situations they can either tech (which on the ground will save them from further comboage or set them up for more comboes, while on a platform u can follow their tech and rest them) or they can forget to tech and u can jab them once and rest them because they are forced to get up

Veril

Frame Savant
for fastfallers d throw can generally make them fall onto the ground, many other chars can fall onto platforms after a d throw. pound and strong nair can also force them onto the ground. in all these situations they can either tech (which on the ground will save them from further comboage or set them up for more comboes, while on a platform u can follow their tech and rest them) or they can forget to tech and u can jab them once and rest them because they are forced to get up
Up-smash forces a tech at some %. DACUS actually can combo into grabs :)

Needs way more detail, substance, and organization, but a good start :)

Metatitan

Smash Master
if anyone has difficulty landing the uair in i just copied what mango did in melee. using bair/fair to force a defensive stance on the opponent and then landing to do a uair is probly the glue that holds my jiggs together. its not ALL what my puff is about but its really good for setting up comboes and rests. btw <3 d tilt now, especially with crouch cancel. id say her worst ground moves are f tilt and d smash now (d smash can edge guard at least). veril can u check to see if d tilt to fair is a true combo? if it is we just made the marth matchup a lot easier

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Is it better to WoP bair or nair to rest? or either?
Don't WOP with rest, unless you have a stock advantage! You die!
Fair is best for kills, but bair is better if you want WOP. If you bair hits them too far for another, you can usually turn around and fair them, with gets the job done.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Fair is best for kills, but bair is better if you want WOP. If you bair hits them too far for another, you can usually turn around and fair them, with gets the job done.
bair is better for a wall of pain and its higher priority. fair is mainly used for killing and gimping because of its sex kick, its range also has some nice perks. fair is probly a little better (it was way better than bair in melee) but the two moves are pretty even. nair and fair are your primary gimping moves due to their sex kicks alone. nair to rest can work but its usually safest to perform a rest after uair or utilt.

btw IMO luigi's mansion is her best stage, we'll probly have a write up eventually

-does anyone have input on what they believe her best stage is?

Veril

Frame Savant
if anyone has difficulty landing the uair in i just copied what mango did in melee. using bair/fair to force a defensive stance on the opponent and then landing to do a uair is probly the glue that holds my jiggs together. its not ALL what my puff is about but its really good for setting up comboes and rests.
dash canceled up-tilt and autocanceled up-air basically always set up for terrible terrible things.

n-air combos into up-air. see the golden combo for more details...

Is it better to WoP bair or nair to rest? or either?
b-air. Keep in mind rest is punishable.

Everything here is at least half-wrong. WoP into rest won't KO you onstage. Very few characters can punish a KOing rest effectively enough that Jiggs will die. Maybe ganon. Keep your % in mind when resting.

F-air is great for spacing and KOs. Its a sex kick remember. B-air is the primary WoP tool though. Soft-fair to strong f-air is a great way to end a WoP.

nair to rest can work but its usually safest to perform a rest after uair or utilt.

btw IMO luigi's mansion is her best stage, we'll probly have a write up eventually

-does anyone have input on what they believe her best stage is?
Well, I'll have the % for that soon so we can know for sure via SCIENCE! N-air combos into up-air...don't know the % yet, but I know that it does.

I'm going to withhold judgement on stages for now.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Well usually my WOP goes offstage, so I doubt I'd finish with a rest.
WoP is a term used for jigglypuff's playstyle, that is creating a wall of bairs and fairs. It can occur off stage which is what most pple think it is but its on stage as well

Clever_Sleazoid

Smash Apprentice
What buffer is "best" for Jiggz? Because I am VERY fond of the 0 buffer for most characters, Jiggz included.

Arkaether

Smash Ace
Well, that's mostly a preference thing, I'd say. I usually play with 2 buffer, but that's just a general standard I use for all characters.

Clever_Sleazoid

Smash Apprentice
i play with 0 but buffers are mainly a preference
You! You must Wifi with me! It is so hard to find others who play 0 buffer on wifi, and 0 buffer in general!

Haha, my main question I guess was, does Jiggz have anything that buffer would allow? Like Claw Hopping with Bowser. I don't believe she does but I just want to make sure.

Metatitan

Smash Master
not really, its just a personal preference. if ur east coast i wont wifi u, im west coast and the wifi would basically feel like im playing wifi vbrawl again, and thats just gross

Clever_Sleazoid

Smash Apprentice
Im in Southern California, so we SHOULD be okay. Though wifi being unpredictable, I've had people from Florida play seamlessly with me while people only like 80 miles away lagged like crazy.

Veril

Frame Savant
I use buffer 4. It gives you better options out of a waveland and I find it makes just about everything easier to time. Personal preference...

Clever_Sleazoid

Smash Apprentice
So what exactly does DACUS lead into, and what does it lead from? Since I'm trying to get mine to a 95% accuracy rate I may as well find out.

Metatitan

Smash Master
i have my dacus at a 100% rate, its really ez to do, idk what comboes into it in b+ but i do know at low% according to veril it comboes into a grab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom