• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New kirby AT! Item Slide~

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I mean it makes since that Every character can do it but

kirby clearly has the best set up for it...its guaranteed 100 percent of the time regardless of skill level...while others have to run off and throw it at ground leve with PRECISE timing

Judo777

Smash Master
i was trying this with sheik from the ledge on the right side and for some reason every time i through it at the right height the banana just fall through the floor and disappears.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
I wouldn't doubt that all characters can do this since it has to deal w/ slopes and items

BUT

Kirby has 100% guarantee of using this AND it being worth using in a match.

:D Go Kirbeh

Judo777

Smash Master
I wouldn't doubt that all characters can do this since it has to deal w/ slopes and items

BUT

Kirby has 100% guarantee of using this AND it being worth using in a match.

:D Go Kirbeh
But kirby is just too slow. The only way ur gonna get someone with this is if they are right in ur face because the slip animation is much shorter than hitting someone with the banana. You might get a DA off but nothing that would be significant.

Triple R

Smash Lord
Well from my understanding from what other people said, you can't shield the naner. So this is not useless. Even if they are far away you can start running before it gets to them, so that creates pressure. And they can't just sit in their shield or it will trip them, forcing them to do something. Kirby isn't the fastest on the ground, but you don't need that much speed to use this as a pressure tool.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
RRR said what I wanted to say but I'd also like to add, who the **** is Judo, why is he talking like he's a Kirby main and knows Kirby, why is he in mah thread being negative about this AT?

Judo, this thread has been created to announce, explore, test and understand this AT. If you aren't contributing then gtfo because from both of your post I see nothing that hasn't already been said and just a bunch of negativity.

Are you a Kirby main? No? Shut the **** up then.

Judo777

Smash Master
RRR said what I wanted to say but I'd also like to add, who the **** is Judo, why is he talking like he's a Kirby main and knows Kirby, why is he in mah thread being negative about this AT?

Judo, this thread has been created to announce, explore, test and understand this AT. If you aren't contributing then gtfo because from both of your post I see nothing that hasn't already been said and just a bunch of negativity.

Are you a Kirby main? No? Shut the **** up then.
Haha you need to chill out man. I'm a sheik main. And last time i checked its a free forum where anyone can post.

Here is what i want to know. If you throw the banana from the side of yoshis and immediately begin running at what distance will you finally catch the banana. Because only at that distance will you reasonably be able to punish anyone slipping on the banana. I guarantee its at least half of the entire stage. So provided ur opponent stands from half of the stage away and sees you throw the banana and does not move then you might be able to get a DA off. The only other option is to hit him if they are right in front of ur face which is about the only use for this i have found. Outside of that range if you go for a DA which if ur opponent doesnt catch on after the few second of standing there should only take about 4% because that move is crazy easy to DI.

Also the little knowlegde that i do have is from playing YBM probably 10 times in tournament. I have a good idea of kirbys speed and his capabilities.

Triple R

Smash Lord
I'm glad playing against a Kirby in tourney makes you an expert on this tech and how it affects Kirby. This can apply pressure. Kirby can make it there in time to try and punish whatever the tripped person does. If person jumps over it, the least you have done is caused a reaction from the opponent which isn't bad.

You keep on talking like we have to be right there when the person trips to make this usual, which is completely false.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Just gonna say, I see this as being WAY more useful with grenades. I mean, that allows so much stage control if you have Snake's power.

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
I just wanted to note that I don't think crouching really helps to do the item slide, since the character stands back up to throw it. It's useful since they can't shield it and it gives an extra "throw" boost, but I think it's somewhat situational since the item is not that fast so they have time to react. Still good to know though.

It gives Jigglypuff a free Rollout :o

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
JoWii... man... words cannot express the gratitude of your contributions toward Kirbies. I thought the Kirby AT Mine was all empty yet you dug up this little gem! You gained 1000 respect points in my book.

If anything this also works with the slopes of the custom stages if the BBR ever decides to implement custom stages.

JWS

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
^_^; Much appreciation MikeKirby. JWS FTW.

I'd also like to thank all the Kirbies mains (and non-Kirby mains) that helped test this AT out, get vids, and/or examine its' uses. Much love <3~!

Tiersie

Smash Ace
I'd just like to say that judo is like the bestest sheik in the US and that he is pretty good and stuff. That can be as relevant as you make it yourself.

Oh, also: Kirby is a great jump punisher, if the diddy tries to evade the banana we can catch him in his jump and punish accordingly. That should not be underestimated. It's the little things that will ultimately give you a win

Judo777

Smash Master
I'd just like to say that judo is like the bestest sheik in the US and that he is pretty good and stuff. That can be as relevant as you make it yourself.

Oh, also: Kirby is a great jump punisher, if the diddy tries to evade the banana we can catch him in his jump and punish accordingly. That should not be underestimated. It's the little things that will ultimately give you a win
Best idea i have heard in the thread so far. I'm not saying this is a useless tech, I'm just saying its not gonna be like a deciding factor in a MU. Its a nice trick but again to get off a reasonable punish they would have to be fairly close.

Baiting a jump tho is a good idea.

Triple R

Smash Lord
Baiting a jump tho is a good idea.
I'm glad I mentioned it earlier in the thread. :p But apparently it takes someone to stroke your ego to recognize great ideas lol.

Edit for Shao: Yeah, sliding items don't seem to have a hitbox.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I tried this for a bit... does Snake's grenades lose their hitbox? When I did it, his grenades just went past him
Yes, BUT as a result it also explodes when hit instead of first clashing. This completely eliminates mortar slide, and with good timing, can be made to blow up at any part of the stage, not to mention grenade stripping would also increase our stage control in conjunction with this technique.

Triple R

Smash Lord
I actually agree with fromundaman that this could be really useful against snake if you happen to get his power on Yoshis. First, snake's usually hate when you get there power in the first place. Second, this just gives us another really fun option to mess with them. Third, it would be hard for snake to approach us when we are on that down slope.

Judo777

Smash Master
I'm glad I mentioned it earlier in the thread. :p But apparently it takes someone to stroke your ego to recognize great ideas lol.

Edit for Shao: Yeah, sliding items don't seem to have a hitbox.
Haha man you need to chill out. Baiting a jump is alright..... but baiting a jump is not that good. It will work a few times but when people learn that by staying grounded the worst they eat is a DA they will stop jumping because punish banana slips when you dont hit ur foes with the banana is very short timing that kirby be able to make it in time for. So its more realistically pressure into a situation where you might get a punish with a read. Which isn't that great of a scenario. Not to mention items happen to be something that people can pick up and use instantly off of the ground with a good reaction.

Grenades is ur best bet. It sounds like a more reasonable use.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Judo, I don't care if you are one of the best Sheik (which is like being the best kid @ the special olympics), right now you're not adding anything to the discussion. I think we all can realize that at a certain range (@ the very end of the slide to a rolls worth inside the slide range) it won't be as effective because any follow-up won't pack TAHT much of a punch. I think you FAIL to realize how well we, as KIRBY MAINS, know our characters.

What RRR is saying though, is that even @ the less effective range mentioned earlier, is that this AT still works to provide pressure and, w/ a bit of luck on a read, a good amount of damage

Ppl will start to realize that if they stay grounded the worst they'll eat is a DA'. Then we'll grab and get better damage while they stay grounded. Lrn2Yomi fool.

You've said what you've felt was necessary to say and it's been noted; thanks non-Kirby main for your input. Can you troll somewhere else now?

Judo777

Smash Master
Judo, I don't care if you are one of the best Sheik (which is like being the best kid @ the special olympics), right now you're not adding anything to the discussion. I think we all can realize that at a certain range (@ the very end of the slide to a rolls worth inside the slide range) it won't be as effective because any follow-up won't pack TAHT much of a punch. I think you FAIL to realize how well we, as KIRBY MAINS, know our characters.

What RRR is saying though, is that even @ the less effective range mentioned earlier, is that this AT still works to provide pressure and, w/ a bit of luck on a read, a good amount of damage

Ppl will start to realize that if they stay grounded the worst they'll eat is a DA'. Then we'll grab and get better damage while they stay grounded. Lrn2Yomi fool.

You've said what you've felt was necessary to say and it's been noted; thanks non-Kirby main for your input. Can you troll somewhere else now?
wow this post.................. ok im done lol. I think i might quote it........ And nice sheik comment id like to point out that i have in tourney on a few occaisons out placed ybm and in the one tourney he was at placed the same as chu dat. And since they are both quite a bit better than all of you i dont think you have much weight to throw around dissing my char.

have fun losing to diddys as they laugh at you trying this stuff like it will work all the time.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
wow

Jowii Srsly...can you not be such a d**k...

everyone isn't going to find this useful and he didnt even say anything completely bad about it

and to tell you the truth this **** is mad situational...if I have a banana I'm not going to run to the ledge with it just to JWS it if I'm not even remotely close to it.

if you REALLY wanted to make this a kirby exclusive thing you could have posted it in the backroom so we we could work on in BEFORE we actually made a post.

it's a good find that it's crucially easy to pull off with kirby but just because everyone isn't sucking your d**k over it doesnt mean you have to be one

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
First off, people should stop comparing themselves to other people. Second, Judo was the one to just flat out say it was useless. It's comments like that which is why squirrels have no jet packs. The Ninja Spike is more situation than this and I've pulled it off numerous times. A smart Kirby would never just flat out go, "oh a banana! :awesome: *runs to Y.I. edge*", just like a smart Kirby would never just fling a banana without putting creativity to use. Eating a DA is not the worst that can happen. There is such a thing as roll chasing after a trip which could lead to a Hyphen Smash or F-Smash. Yes, the distance matters but that's what spacing is for.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
@TKO- >_> Not even if I tried. I don't care if he doesn't suck mah **** (I ain't Chudat), but if all he does is come in and say it's useless, and throw around negative comments, I'ma say something. Honestly, I'ma post how I feel when people say stuff I don't like. U mad.

And it's not in the KBR because when I said stuff abt releasing only to the KBR, ppl got butthurt, TKO especially.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Kirby boards: Even our AT threads have drama.

Seriously though, cool it guys... It would defeat the purpose to get an AT thread locked.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
-_-; I <3 Fromunda- Oookkkkaaaayyy.

My apologies to TKO, Judo. >_> I just naturally abrasive and stuffz.

Kirby boards: Even our AT threads have drama.

Seriously though, cool it guys... It would defeat the purpose to get an AT thread locked.
Adding onto this...

Guys, stop censor dodging/censoring words yourself. If you're gonna curse, just write out the word correctly and let the word censor itself out. Putting stars on only a fraction of the letters in a curse word counts as a censor dodge since your dodging a censor that would normally censor out the entire word.

That is all. :)

Top Bottom