• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Kirby Combo Vid

King Kirby 90

Smash Apprentice
I think the combo video was kinda good, but let me give you some points you can improve next time. First of all I wouldn't use the footage of one player in a row. In the beginning of the vid there is nearly just footage of me. Second point is the choice of combos. For me a combo is a row of attacks that hit your opponent with nearly giving him no chance to escape. The clips you have used were sometimes just parts of regular matches in which Kirby hits sometimes and the opponents hits sometimes. That's no footage for a combo video in my opinion. Furthermore I think you could have find some better clips for all of us three. Especially for Timmy and Omni. One last point is that you should have asked us to send you the clips in good quality. Apart from that it was ok.

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
I think the combo video was kinda good, but let me give you some points you can improve next time. First of all I wouldn't use the footage of one player in a row. In the beginning of the vid there is nearly just footage of me. Second point is the choice of combos. For me a combo is a row of attacks that hit your opponent with nearly giving him no chance to escape. The clips you have used were sometimes just parts of regular matches in which Kirby hits sometimes and the opponents hits sometimes. That's no footage for a combo video in my opinion. Furthermore I think you could have find some better clips for all of us three. Especially for Timmy and Omni. One last point is that you should have asked us to send you the clips in good quality. Apart from that it was ok.
He said it all. Most of the clips weren't combos, and the quality was pretty bad. Also, some of the background stage music was too loud.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
This is a pretty good idea, except for the aforementioned critiques. It shouldn't be hard to mute clips if you're going to add music to them.

Try to keep the clips short, cropping in on the best part of what you want to show. I could have sent you high-quality clips you could have dropped in if you wanted. I certainly have more footage that I have time to make videos. It certainly beats year-old footage. V_V

Also, I'm pretty sure your editing software has transitions. Try adding some fade ins/outs between clips.

I liked seeing the KK90 clips again.
Not that bad for a first video.

Edit:
Check out OCremix if you want to find some good game-themed music.
http://www.ocremix.org

Top Bottom