• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Kirby Hats Speculation

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I remember playing my friend in SSB64 back in the day. He maimed Kirby and I thought it was so cool he could wear hats that resembled the cast. I never really knew Kirby back then; Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon being my jam back then. There is something cool about the way Kirby sucks in those suckers, copies thier powers, and even gets a nice shiny hat.

Obviously, this aspect of Kirby will stay in SSB4. Do you think we might see a change to it? And moreover, how so you think the hats that are based off new characters will look? In addition, based on gameplay and speculation, what movie will Kirby do?

Seeing as how only Megaman, Wii Fit Trainer, and Villager are revealed this far, how do you predict the hats will look like and how will the Zb move be implemented?

Discuss.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Megaman is obvious; Kirby will get his helmet (and his blaster?).
Villager: Possibly his hairdo. ...I'm almost positive it'll just be Kirby with the villager's hair. Which is hilarious to think about.
WFT: SPORTS BRA.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
Would be nice if you could drop the ability a bit smoother. Wouldn't mind if it also resulted in a star that bounced around (more like in the Kirby games, not like how it has been in Smash.)

Whether the star should be a projectile or just decor, I am not sure. I am leaning more towards something alike the Kirby games: you can suck the star and regain the ability, or simply shoot it as a powerful projectile.

Tetraplex

Smash Cadet
Megaman: I'm pretty sure Metal Blade is Rock's B, so he may not get the Buster. Anyone else see the humor in copying a copied ability?
Villager: His iconic viking hat/hair
WFT: Kirby turns mannequin white and gains a gray ponytail.

^Also yes, the star bouncing around would be really cool and, if it has a hitbox, could give Kirby another option out of his copy.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Megaman: I'm pretty sure Metal Blade is Rock's B, so he may not get the Buster. Anyone else see the humor in copying a copied ability?
Villager: His iconic viking hat/hair
WFT: Kirby turns mannequin white and gains a gray ponytail.

^Also yes, the star bouncing around would be really cool and, if it has a hitbox, could give Kirby another option out of his copy.
I meant he'd get the buster but not to shoot his standard pellets. He needs a place for the Metal Blades to come from, after all.
Also, copying a copied ability? I just had a fight in Smash 64 involving 3 Kirbys and a Captain Falcon...

Kirby could get the Viking hat as a throwback to the Gamecube game. I'd probably squee if I see it happen, actually.

IAm2Sarcastic4U

Smash Journeyman
Would be nice if you could drop the ability a bit smoother. Wouldn't mind if it also resulted in a star that bounced around (more like in the Kirby games, not like how it has been in Smash.)

Whether the star should be a projectile or just decor, I am not sure. I am leaning more towards something alike the Kirby games: you can suck the star and regain the ability, or simply shoot it as a powerful projectile.
This must be done. :estatic:

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
I'm kinda hoping WFT's hat doesn't involve her hair at all. My idea was for it to be a Wii-themed sweatband. I think that would better communicate the concept of her character than a featureless ponytail.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Kirby's WFT copy will most definitely involve her hair. The headband is not going to be concluded because WFT doesn't have one.
The Villager copy will include the Villager's hair, and most probably the nose.
The Megaman copy is obviously his helmet.

Sorry if anyone's hopes and dreams were crushed.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Mega Man: Kirdy dons Mega Man's helmet.
Villager: Kirby dons the Villager's hair.
Wii Fit Trainer: Kirby has the Wii Fit Trainer's hair.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Mega Man: Kirdy dons Mega Man's helmet.
Villager: Kirby dons the Villager's hair.
Wii Fit Trainer: Kirby has the Wii Fit Trainer's hair.
We are lacking in the imagination department.

For example,
Kirby could turn all white and have a slightly cel-shaded look like the Wii Fit Trainer.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
We are lacking in the imagination department.

For example,
Kirby could turn all white and have a slightly cel-shaded look like the Wii Fit Trainer.
If it's anything like Game & Watch Kirby, don't you think that it'll get too confusing to figure out who is who?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I was envisioning WFT Kirby a bit differently. I agree, a sports headband or a sports bra would be awesome. However, I want to expand on what falkoopa said. I think a mask similar WFT face would be both epic and scary as hell. I envision Kirby just wear a white mask that covers the front of his face; not his entire head. It would be molded to appear just like his face albeit a mannequin. In addition, the brown ponytail would be visible. I think it wouldn't too hard to tell the difference due to the contrast of white and pink.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I was envisioning WFT Kirby a bit differently. I agree, a sports headband or a sports bra would be awesome. However, I want to expand on what falkoopa said. I think a mask similar WFT face would be both epic and scary as hell. I envision Kirby just wear a white mask that covers the front of his face; not his entire head. It would be molded to appear just like his face albeit a mannequin. In addition, the brown ponytail would be visible. I think it wouldn't too hard to tell the difference due to the contrast of white and pink.

Posted this elsewhere, but since you brought it up...
KirbyTrainer.png

CodyOdyO

Smash Cadet
A big question I have in regard to the Kirby hats is how they'll play out in the long run. It seems pretty clear that Mega-Man's blades are his neutral-B move, but from the videos I've seen there isn't exactly any specifications as to WFT's and Villager's neutral-Bs.

A Slingshot? A spade? The ability to snatch projectiles?
Some sort of yoga move? I'm excited to see how the Kirby hats play out for each new character though.

As for cosmetic hat designs I'd like to see the viking-like hat for the Villager. As for WFT there are a few different possibilities for that as well. I'd rather Kirby sport some sort of new exercise garb over developing the monotone mannequin shade color. I feel it'd be very similar to Kirby's black, and white color scheme. That's just me though.

Mega-Man's hat is kind of a given though.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
A big question I have in regard to the Kirby hats is how they'll play out in the long run. It seems pretty clear that Mega-Man's blades are his neutral-B move, but from the videos I've seen there isn't exactly any specifications as to WFT's and Villager's neutral-Bs.

A Slingshot? A spade? The ability to snatch projectiles?
Some sort of yoga move? I'm excited to see how the Kirby hats play out for each new character though.

As for cosmetic hat designs I'd like to see the viking-like hat for the Villager. As for WFT there are a few different possibilities for that as well. I'd rather Kirby sport some sort of new exercise garb over developing the monotone mannequin shade color. I feel it'd be very similar to Kirby's black, and white color scheme. That's just me though.

Mega-Man's hat is kind of a given though.
I'm willing to bet Villager's neutral is the slingshot and WFT's is the thing she does with the volleyball.
But then again, there isn't really a way of knowing.

I'm kind of hoping Villager's neutral B is the Pick-up move so that kirby can use it when he inhales him.

Sinn

Smash Lord
If it's anything like Game & Watch Kirby, don't you think that it'll get too confusing to figure out who is who?
Maybe his main body could turn white and his shoes could stay the same color. WFT's clothing has color to it, after all. I dunno, I guess I just like the idea of mannequin Kirby~

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Thinking about potential new cast members

Palutena: Her Headdress and maybe her hair
Krystal :like fox except with her headgear instead of that thing Fox wears
Little Mac: The green protective headgear Mac wears in his training matches
Ridley: Purple Ridley Hat
Dixie Kong: Isn't is obvious.

Gilius Thunderhead

Smash Apprentice
Not if you're smart enough to tell the difference between a living 2-foot ball and 5-foot female mannequin ;)

Kirby's WFT copy will most definitely involve her hair. The headband is not going to be concluded because WFT doesn't have one.
The Villager copy will include the Villager's hair, and most probably the nose.
The Megaman copy is obviously his helmet.

Sorry if anyone's hopes and dreams were crushed.
Kirby's hat doesn't have to involve something she has as long as it gets the point across (Zelda anyone) and a wii fit headband would most certainly do so. Also, the copying the hair thing has been done with ZSS, Ike, and Marth, i'm not saying that makes it unuseable, but it would be unoriginal.
I doubt you crushed anyones hopes or dreams as this is only speculation and nothing more.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
That last sentence wasn't even serious, lol.

And wasn't Zelda's hat the same in melee and brawl? Yup, so it's probable that it'll be the same the next game.
The Wii Fit Trainer looks like ZSS's hair, so it is still probable that it will be her hair. No headbands. The only possible thing to add in is that it could change kirby's skin to whitish grey, but wasn't that already shown?

I'm still pretty sure this is correct.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I dont see any reason to assume that kirby wouldnt get the WFT's ponytail, the same exact way he got ZSS's ponytail in brawl.

Every copy ability gives him something relating to the head or hair of the opponent being copied. while it would be kinda cool for him to wear a form fitting tank top. if theres an option, it will always be something head related. and if theres an option there, it will always be what is on the top of the head of the person being copied.

the only kind of exception to this was game and watch, but that was because there really were no defining features of game and watches head, other than being flat and black with a big nose. and I think he got all of those.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Not if you're smart enough to tell the difference between a living 2-foot ball and 5-foot female mannequin ;)
That's not what I meant. What I mean is that if there's more than one Kirby, and all of them copied the Wii Fit Trainer, you should still be able to tell who's who by looking at Kirby's body color. Whenever Kirby copies Mr. G&W, he turns black and white, regardless of his color scheme.

Tetraplex

Smash Cadet
I'm kinda hoping WFT's hat doesn't involve her hair at all. My idea was for it to be a Wii-themed sweatband. I think that would better communicate the concept of her character than a featureless ponytail.

Hmm, you're right. A Wii sweatband, possibly with the color change, would be better.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
how does a featureless ponytail not communicate the concept of her character?

and how would you say that, if apparently a featureless blond ponytail captures the concept of ZSS enough for that to be kirbys hat in brawl.

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
how does a featureless ponytail not communicate the concept of her character?

and how would you say that, if apparently a featureless blond ponytail captures the concept of ZSS enough for that to be kirbys hat in brawl.

What do ponytails have to do with fitness? Also note the presence of the word "better."

Honestly, though, I'm kind of surprised people are still talking about this sweatband thing. I figured it would die after Vinyl's post. I mean, he's probably right. Basically, the intention behind my post basically follows the general idea that I want to be present in this game, which is the breaking of established conventions.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
I'm willing to bet Villager's neutral is the slingshot and WFT's is the thing she does with the volleyball.
But then again, there isn't really a way of knowing.

I'm kind of hoping Villager's neutral B is the Pick-up move so that kirby can use it when he inhales him.
I'm fairly sure the slingshot is his back air.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Villager's Neutral Special is where he ties you to a chair and cuts off your ear.

[collapse=Pic for reference]
[/collapse]

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Villager: Hairdo
WFT: I imagine Kirby turning completely white with black feet and a ponytail. The eyes and mouth would be mannequin-like.
MegaMan: As said many times before he'd don the helmet.

Little Mac: He'd sport two tiny, adorable, green boxing gloves.
Ridley: I'd imagine it to be similar to Charizard with a Ridley-like top piece as well as miniature wings.
Dixie Kong: Kirby would have a large, blonde ponytail with a pink cap. (Though I feel like if he copies ZSS he should have more hair...)
Shulk: Pretty-boy-blonde-haired puffball wielding a tinier Monado.
Isaac: Pretty-boy-golden-haired puffball with a scarf wrapped around his mouth/lower body.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I kind of imagine Kirby would get the hairdo of the Villager, or the viking helmet-like hat, kind of like how when Kirby inhales Zelda he gets Young Zelda's headdress. For Wii Fit Trainer, he'd get the cel-shaded white look and her hair, but with a pink tanktop. That way you can tell the difference between Kirbies. Ditto with Mr. Game & Watch Kirby, just make the white on him different colors. For Mega Man, isn't it kinda obvious? The Mega Man helmet and the Mega Buster. But, on a completely unrelated note, is it possible that Kirby could swallow Assist Trophies and Poke Balls in this installment? Because that'd be cool.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
is it possible that Kirby could swallow Assist Trophies and Poke Balls in this installment? Because that'd be cool.
Do you mean to get the abilites of the Assist Trophy characters and Pokemon?
I highly doubt that, it would take a lot of time to program and make the items almost useless on Kirby. He would be kind of broken.

D

Deleted member

I recalled that Kirby had a Megaman hat prior to 1st trailer for 4th Smash Bros. I expect to look something like this.

Nick Schovitz

Smash Cadet
Just a gray ponytail would be boring. He should have a headband or something else to go in conjunction with the WTF Trainer's design.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Just a gray ponytail would be boring. He should have a headband or something else to go in conjunction with the WTF Trainer's design.

Kinda off subject, but why people keep calling her "WTF"....shouldn't it be "WFT"?

Top Bottom