• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Link and Young Link mindgame

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJK1997

Smash Journeyman
Bommrang cancaling.First you thorw the boomrang then you thorw a bomb at the boomrang.this makes the boomrang hit the enemy and the bomb goes farther and hits the enemyy too.So is this a new mindgame.You could also follow up with dairs and nairs

Deva

Smash Lord
Umm....usually when you do that the boomerang hits the bomb back at you. Perhaps there's a specific time frame you would like to elaborate on.

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
Or you could just throw the bomerang at a downward angle when your on the ground and throw a bomb directly in front of you which would prevent the bomb from being defflected towards you. Plus thats two projectiles within the same time frame so one of them is bound to land a hit.

d2Law89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PolarUrs
3DS FC
1263-6319-5484
Lol, umm...with Link I don't think that'd be a good mindgame...like Deva said, your boomerang pushes it back at you, which is a good thing (dropping bombs on edge hoppers in a different method). With Y.Link, maybe it'd be good...but just using Fire Arrows would be safer/easier.

To be honest, I don't think anyone really gets what you're getting at; a video would be nice. Or a more detailed description, such as where your opponent would be.

siggyx4scythe

Smash Rookie
i traditionally drop bombs and throw them random places to try to play with my opponent, so they can second guess the approach

back in the olden days of playing on places like temple... i would use bomb trip-ups from the boomerang to hit those stupid camping ppl...

i like to also use stray projectiles to stop opponent's momentums from being hit (assuming they dont have insane reaction), which can sometimes get u a free hit

VVB

SD Champ
Normally, anything with throwing your boomerang THEN and bomb... It would most likely hit you.

The mind games i use with bombs is using it for shield grabbers and people would tend to shield alot. I would throw a bomb, then after contact with shield run in for a grab or a free Dsmash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom