• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Link technique, make links Dsmash do 30%,

neji32

Smash Lord
Okay , im a little nervous to post this due to the fact that i just read another persons thread an he was flamed. But this is a very useful technique and i have never seen another link do this. If this hasnt been discovered yet then yay i get credit for something good, if it has im sorry and i probably will leave the link boards for a while. Anyway here go.

Link and toon link share the same Dsmash but whats different about each of theres is the fact that link can only hit with one part of it and toon link hits with both, reason is because links Dsmash is stronger and it might be unfair for sakurai to have made that. But i (think) discovered how to hit with both parts of the Dsmash.

Throw your boomerang so that it is behind your enemy then stall( i usually do an arrow, the arrow can stun them perfectly(make sure your close to the enemy)) then do your Dsmash when the boomerang comes back, it will drag the enemy to both hits of the Dsmash and does about 30%(wasnt fresh)and i kill alot with it(of course it kills at the normal kill percent of the 2nd hit of the Dsmash).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_6mjEIjNzw
ITs at the end, the vid is only 46 seconds.

If the quality is too bad, i will send i to you. I have it saved on my wii but i dont have a video capture card.:ohwell:

W-man

Smash Cadet
it's a good idea, but it's difficult to perform in a real combat (between advanced players). Try to hit me with the boomerang's return to see ! (imagine I'm a good player)

neji32

Smash Lord
Im just releved to see im not getting flamed.=D

I did it to advance players, if the advance player is expecting to spot dodge it perfectly or jump over it ect. then they wont expect the arrow that comes before and then the arrow causes them to be dragged by the boomerang. I wish i knew which video i did it to the marth in. The one im posting, your definetly not going to think hes good but the falco did it to is really good. He knows all the techs with falco and he watches videos/comes to the boards alot to get better. Its just that the arrow makes them not expect it

EDIT- it really works well if they are justs getting up

neji32

Smash Lord
You all keep mentioning this guy, who is he? Oh and izaw i want to fight you. I want to see if your better than other members of your clan

neji32

Smash Lord
This aurashade you were talkin gabout is nothing more than a cocky link player who proclaims to be god just cause hes good at a video game. I wish he were here, in fact i wish i could play him. Someone like him needs to be shut down.

10chawr? whats that, i thought you were in the HSK

neji32

Smash Lord
Took you awhile to reply, i guess we willnever be able to play then huh. Oh well. If you think wifi is silly, why join a wifi clan?

Warriors

Smash Journeyman
the reason the other threads got flamed is because they were either dumb or mentioned over and over.

this one is actually pretty good.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Egh, I dunno if you should rely on this tech, since a lot of things have to go your way for it too work, but I have this happen a lot, and my brother generally *****es about how lucky I get, even though I am trying to get combos. You can also do funny things with the front smash and the gale boomerang, the push effect varies a lot, so dunno how useful this is.... it is great if it works though.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Sounds like a situational combo, but I like it.

And as for Aurashade, I think what sums him up is that he doesn't like stupidity. He's around at the Falcon forums right now if I recall.

T-Link

Smash Apprentice
I've done this before. I practiced it a few times and the highest damage I got was 54%. This is a great technique, but extremely hard to pull off. I have tried it numerous times in battles and it only worked once.

Deva

Smash Lord
yeah, I'm pretty sure everyone has done this by accident at least once, but aurashade's just a troll. He's in flame nubs extreme mode right now though lol.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Hm sounds a little hard to pull off in real combat and looks, more or less, will happen upon coincidence or accident in an actual battle. But still, I would love to see this technique perfected and used on cue and effectively and on purpose. It's a great little tech. :)

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I actually pulled this off today against wario and he was like WHAT THE ****!

I threw my gale bomerang out. (the tilt version because it has a shorter reach so the gale push comes out at a shorter distance) My brother airdodged and came back with an nair. I spot dodged and then dsmashed right when the bomerang was coming back he got smacked with both sides and took a brutal KO ride.

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman
Okay , im a little nervous to post this due to the fact that i just read another persons thread an he was flamed. But this is a very useful technique and i have never seen another link do this. If this hasnt been discovered yet then yay i get credit for something good, if it has im sorry and i probably will leave the link boards for a while. Anyway here go.
Haha, no need to be so timid! Only an idiot would flame you for trying to help out the Link community. If you think you've found a new tech, SHARE IT!! And don't worry too much about how people will react. Sticks and stones, my friend. Sticks and stones. :chuckle:

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
I usally just use the gale boomerang to hit people. I think it takes to much time to throw the boomerang behind them, arrow, and then D-smash.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
Well I wont flame you because i know it can be disappointing when you think you find something new and exclusive, but has been done, just maybe never posted. As fot the 2 part hit, it CAN be SDI'd out of, (i think) regardless still a nice little tid-bit.But as for the boomerang it's nice that you're sharing this with other players but the Boomerang has many more applications like this as well, just keep experimenting with different attacks a nice Bomb throw up into an up throw from an incoming opponent from a boomerang always looks cool. What I'm saying is don't stop here, know what i mean?

Deva

Smash Lord
there's no smash DI in Brawl, it's an illusion >_>

not a problem though since the regular DI of this game is better than the SDI of Melee lol.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Haha, no need to be so timid! Only an idiot would flame you for trying to help out the Link community. If you think you've found a new tech, SHARE IT!! And don't worry too much about how people will react. Sticks and stones, my friend. Sticks and stones. :chuckle:
Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will make me kill myself? ;P

Silencer~

Smash Cadet
hahaha i pulled this off a few minutes ago, and it was so gratifying, while my brother is just staring at me like wtf..?

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
Its like a desperate move... I love it :D
If hidden and mixed with another mind game this could be functional. That arrow can stun em long enough to pull this off more then it should.

I just found out link can only have two bombs out on the screen...I was so sad ;_;

TANORI

Smash Journeyman
Its been a while (like a month??) since i had the time to come here and i must say that your technique is good but very situational.

Aurashade its just a Jerk who thinks is good player.

I was playing him once Link vs Link i was winning but suddenly he disconnected.

Lets see how long it takes to his zealots to flame me.

turtle roll

Smash Apprentice
lol, actualy, one of my friends from twilight heros found out about this throught experience a few days ago. lol, the timing was good!

Deva

Smash Lord
lol, Aurashade isnt actually good. He's just a troll that likes to flame nubs, and I enjoy his jokes, keeps the forums alive imo ^_^.

Top Bottom