• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New luigi discovery?

nash123

Smash Journeyman
I did something today with luigis upsmash that seems like it could be good.I was fighting a lvl 9 marth on final destination, then I was running up to the computer with a uptilt but I tried before the dash ended and I accidently used upsmash and I slid across maybe 1/4th of final destination while charging my upsmash.Now usually you would stop in place when using the upsmash but I guess charging it makes you slide a bit.It seems much easier do to than the dash-attack cancel thing with luigi.So is this anything new or not?

I don't think it's necessary to have a video since it is just dashing then hitting up on the control stick and the A button and holding it.

SparkEd

Smash Journeyman
Give thanks to Luigi's slippery traction.

You could do a Sliding DSmash while walking. It's more noticable of you test it on Ice, and it can hot some characters twice for a 32%.

It's been known for a bit tho.

Eten

Smash Ace
Yeah since every character and upsmash out of a dash and most slide a tiny bit with it, luigi just has low traction and slides much farther than most. He stops sliding as soon as he releases the upsmash though, so to get more distance you charge it. I use it a good bit, because that bit of charge and whatnot makes it a good kill move without forcing luigi to give up any speed when using it.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
cool good to now i second luigi and main yoshi and dash and then up smash all the time so this is very good to know about luigi

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
This is very useful. It's also possible to do a sliding fsmash but its much more difficult. It includes turning around while walking. If you want to learn more about it you should look at the spin sliding thread in the tactical section.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
From the Green Machine Luigi Strategy guide:

locuan128 said:
4. Dash Attack Cancel (DAC)

I haven't seen any videos of any Luigi user using this yet. Luigi's DAC is amazing, it's not Snake long but you cover a good amount of distance when performed correctly and it is better than just dashing and usmashing because if you dash > usmash the usmash will stop your momentum and you will perform the usmash in place. With the DAC you can slide the distance while charging your Usmash for more power and get your opponent by surprise.
Judging by what you described your method might not have been the same but if you do a DAC you should get a similar overall better effect.

WIGI

Smash Champion
are you just talking about running up smahs? or can luigi do a snake dash type thingy?

TheZeroFaReal

Smash Apprentice
All this was, was a Luigi Up-Smash with his slippery traction. Another way to abuse his slippery traction is to do a sliding-reverse up smash. You Pivot in the middle of the charge to aim Luigi's head towards your opponent. It helps for some extra mind games as well.

If any of you are going to AZone, check out my Luigi for some cool tricks =D.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
are you just talking about running up smahs? or can luigi do a snake dash type thingy?
Yes Luigi can do a Snake dash type thingy, normally called a Dash Attack Cancel (DAC), snake boost, etc...

But the person who made this thread did not perform the DAC just a running Usmash with the slippery traction or a sliding reverse up smash as stated in the post above this. :dizzy:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
k. so i knew about the sliding up smash. how do it do luigi's snake dash?
Same as Snake's only that you have to cancel the dash as soon as you perform it, so the timing is a bit tricky. I have a vid of me doing the luigi's DAC so I might have it uploaded soon and on the video thread/my luigi guide.

Top Bottom