• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico POUNDs the 4 Corners Results (Abq, NM)

Dekar173

Justice Man
I think that everyone should thank Molly for running the tourney (just like almost every single other tourney NM has) and just being awesome in general, ya? =)

Love you cutie ;)

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
I kinda lol'd at you forfeiting Brawl doubles just to give the other teams a chance, Casey.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol our crap talking was all for fun =]

JT! Lol my bad on the brawl bashing but hey... it bashes itself. In all honesty, I do think its a cool game... now that it evolved from pure camping to an actual fighting game =]

PB&J - We will show you all our tricks lol. Are you rooming with Fl?

And our **** talking was fun but I think we coulda done better =] None of our good stuff was caught on tape tho :( like the matches where Tetsuya played. Oh man that was too funny

Thanks MOLLY!!! You are too awesome!!!

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
JT! Lol my bad on the brawl bashing but hey... it bashes itself. In all honesty, I do think its a cool game... now that it evolved from pure camping to an actual fighting game =]
lol obviously there wasn't enough camping metaknight's at the tournament to prove that statement wrong.

In my opinion though, Diddy is the only fun character to watch in brawl...at least the way Dekar plays him.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol Paul I actually agree with you on who's fun to watch. Dekar is the only truly fun player to watch.

Except this tournament for some reason I had alot of fun watching JT too. Dunno why but his Rob cracked me up.

Edit: Dude Dekar!!! We posted at the same minute and have the exact same post count!!!

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
I think that everyone should thank Molly for running the tourney (just like almost every single other tourney NM has) and just being awesome in general, ya? =)

Love you cutie ;)
Eventhough she hits on my guy!!?!?
JK she was amazing on making sure matches were being played. She was a lot of help so thanks a lot. She was even updating us on the hobo tourney. Molly was top-tier

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
I didn't do shoutouts yet.

Light: Though we didn't get to play, I had plenty of opportunities to watch your Peach. It was amazing man. I hope to play you some time in the future.

Neil: Good **** as always. CF for the win.

Twins: You guys know I love you. What else do I need to say?

Paul: Good job getting third. I will try to come to more fests in the future. Playing you is like trying to run through a brick wall. But the brick wall three stocks me at melee.

GoldenGlove: Man you're good. Your falcon just gets better and better. You have been my smash sensei from the start and I still have plenty to learn.

Erich: Good **** man. Your Marth is dangerous! You also keep me hyped even when I'm down.

August: What can I say, you beat me. Good **** man. Your Samus is pretty ridic. When we play again I will definitely be practiced up. And I won't suicide on my last stock :p

Bwal: You didn't win any matches and got 9th, what the eff? Haha jk, you'll never read this so it doesn't matter.

Overgames: I don't know you too well, but you're a really awesome guy. Sometime we should hang out and play melee, we'll get better together.

Molly: You ran the Brawl tournament, but still, you're pretty awesome. You seem to always run this kind of stuff and do not get enough recognition for it. Thank you so much!

El Paso: Awesome stuff coming up to Abq to play with us guys. I played with some of you more than others (Branflakes, Fallen, Error) but you all seemed really cool. Hopefully we'll meet again!

Armz, Bakon and anyone else I missed: Melee for life!

tekkie

Smash Master
i might actually practice some low tier characters now. ike's too easy.

edit: or talk the sbr into dropping wofl three places

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
Time for me shoutouts. For those of you who might confused as to who I was. I was the guy with the long hair carrying around the backpack with the Lucario plush. I also used the tag "Vlpix".

Dekar - Grats on first dude, you deserved it. Super chill guy and an awesome player. Thanks for the intense set. I had a lot of fun. Thanks for hosting and all that I hope you host more. A big thank you to Molly too. Add me on AIM, MSN, or whatever!

Molly - Thanks for everything. I always knew when I had a match and things went really smooth. You are too pro.

Fluxus - Hi-how-u? You are pretty pro man. Was awesome chatting with you. Driving down here from Vegas is pretty O_O. I give you credit cause I know I couldn't do it.

Darklink - Do work son. Grats on 2nd.

Light - Big thanks for letting us use your car and even more so for trusting us to drive it. Thanks for letting me team with you and good **** in Melee. You wrecked everybody. We shoulda done better in doubles, but not bad for our first time teaming.

Kira - Good job, you keep placing higher and higher. Interested to see what else you are going to do in the future.

Justin - Car ride was sooooo fun. Thanks for the good times man. Snubbull!

Hades - Your Yoshi is so insane. GJ on your placing.

Z-man - Was cool meeting you. Pretty awesome usage of Earthbound characters. Dayam.

JT! - DUELIST! Ha ha ha. That was so fun dude. So glad I was shown that game, gonna play it all the time now. Didn't get to play you much in Brawl, but you are a really chill dude.

Goyf - Enough! My ship sails in the morning... Hrmmm. I wonder what's for dinner?.....

Isac - Pikachuuuu! Crazy QAC usage. Pretty insane Pikachu. I wanted to get a MM with you, but you left. Your Pikachu was pretty legit.

Overgames - Now you know how weegee feels! Cool guy, shoulda played more. Next time for sursies.

Tekkie - Friendlies were too good. You are a trooper for taking all those ginger jokes.

Bryce - Bryce is too good. You are like one of my favorite AZ smashers. Always a pleasure hanging. Thanks for the ride home after we got back to Justin's as well. Keep working at it.

Kyle (Hat AKA TwinA) & Dave (No hat AKA Tw1n) - I think I dun it right. :3 Was pretty awesome hanging out with you guys at the tourney and at your house. Card tricks are too good and thanks much for your hospitality. I'll be signing another card cause I will be seeing you guys again for sure. IHOP was so <3. You can't possibly have a bad time when hanging out with you guys. Amazing **** talkers and great people. Your mom is also very legit.

Kyle and Dave's Mom - Thanks for everything. Breakfast on the morning of the tourney was pretty kick***. Super nice gal. *(Insert "your mom joke" here)*

Blood Hawk - You suck you scrub.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Blood_Hawk said:
Kyle (Hat AKA TwinA) & Dave (No hat AKA Tw1n) - I think I dun it right. :3 Was pretty awesome hanging out with you guys at the tourney and at your house. Card tricks are too good and thanks much for your hospitality. I'll be signing another card cause I will be seeing you guys again for sure. IHOP was so <3. You can't possibly have a bad time when hanging out with you guys. Amazing **** talkers and great people. Your mom is also very legit.

Haha thank you so much. You guys were amazing :D

<3

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Eh, I was going to post shoutouts but I was feeling really lazy and warn out, and I still feel lazy =/. Anyway I'll mm zman and goyf in low tiers, and anyone else that wants to next tourney I see you guys. (feb?) And dekar still owes me a low tier mm :p.

Awesome tourney, <3 everyone there, even if I'm just a planking yoshi that all you have to do is pick pika and spam the b button when I'm on the ledge to beat =/.

Thanks to neil for housing and molly/dekar for hosting.

Might post shoutouts later, idk xD.

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Hades, you did really well. I don't think you planked that often, but that was only from the matches I caught. Either way, never knew Yoshi could be so good. Now if only Captain Falcon or Ganondorf could place high in tournaments...

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol ya you got it right BloodHawk (Awesome plushies aka Patrick) =]

AZ TOO COOL!!!

We will see all you crazy people soon enough I'm sure =]

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
AZ is too good!! <3

Light, awesome job repping Peach!! She's too f***ing sexy for Melee and Brawl.

I'm sad I wasn't able to come to this tournament, but I did enjoy the call from IHOP!! So funny, especially since I was a little angry that I had a flat tire and I was waiting for AAA to come fix it.

Dekar is a silly newb!!!

The Twins are amazing!!!

NM needs to come down to AZ sometime cuz that would be super cool and lots of fun. <3

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol happy to help with the IHOP phone call and the many personalities of Chris (aka DarkLink)

I mostly did the deep voice that talked in 3rd person alot.

"Chris does not appreciate how Chris is mocking how short Chris really is!'
"Darklink will rule the world once Darklink gains another foot in height!"

Lol fun night. And just a heds up SillyK. Blame Light for your flat tire. Its funnier that way =] We blame him for ours as a joke knowing that he had nothing to do with it =]

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
Awesome tourney, <3 everyone there, even if I'm just a planking yoshi that all you have to do is pick pika and spam the b button when I'm on the ledge to beat =/.
I lold. <3

GGs everyone! Next tourney i'm playing sober =P. BUT NO JOHNS.

ALSO MOLLY IS THE BEST! <3333

See everybody at Fighter Frenzyyyy.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
As promised, SHOUTOUTS:

Davis I’m not sure if you remember, but I posted a wall of text of shout-outs, and you responded to each of them individually. I started with you last time because we “were loving each other lately” and I wanted to start with you this time because YOU NEED TO COME BACK TO THE SMASH SCENE

Arizona

Darklink We will forever be 2nd place buddies! Anyways, I’m really sorry that certain people dislike you because of your so-called arrogance. Yet I know, deep down in your heart, you’re just trying to grow up to be like Dekar :p Seriously though, I’m sorry that quite a few people were being irrational ******** to you. You’re such a good cuddler that I’d be willing to go so far as to say that you’re a better f*** than Zero Suit Samus, and she’s flexible enough to morph into a ****ing ball!

Roark There was a reason I overemphasized which schools you got accepted to - I admire it. You lived in my house for two days; you should easily see how it breathes Indian. A certain other New Mexican laughs every time he walks down the halls of my house because he sees multiple framed pictures of the same pose in descending sizes, which couldn’t possibly be more Indian. Anyways, next time we’ll definitely have a real brawl match, where we haven’t been starving/tired for 8 hours and angry with everybody else for not taking us anywhere for food.

Kira I’m not going to post a long, sentimental shout-out to you because I know you’re not that type of person. So, I’ll be brutally honest. You’re my most favorite black guy ever.

Hades You need to get on a reality show because you have the goofiest ****ing smile on the face of the planet. I guess it does make sense that you main Yoshi, he is an equally goofy dinosaur. Congratulations on what I consider 1st place in brawl low-tier singles.

Bryce I’m terribly sorry that we didn’t get to hang out/play brawl/cuddle at the tourney, but it is somewhat expected of you. The twinz stole your heart more than I did, and there’s no reversing that. Next tourney I’ll push those dirty thieves aside and we can express our true love for each other unobstructed…

Light Congratulations on winning singles. Although I saw the crew battle at Pat’s house, and now I know exactly how my Falco can **** your exposed and innocent princess. Prepare to lose next tournament :p Anyways, you need to stop being so quiet. You’re another one of those people who probably has both really funny things to say and stories to share and a shining, LIGHT-hearted personality. You’re doing yourself a disservice by caging it.

Justin Kamikaze/Blood Hawk I’m sorry I didn’t get a chance to meet you/play matches/hang out. It’s because we’re separated by both the great Melee-Brawl divide and the great Arizona-New Mexico divide. We will play next tournament, all right?

Colorado/Nevada

Fluxus If you were the only player represented from those two states at this tournament, I’m terribly sorry. Anyways, we have yet to play a legitimate brawl match. Like I’ve promised many other people in this post, we will play next tournament, savvy? Also, you look nothing like Lucas, despite what Zack claims.

El Paso/Texas

Furiousduffmanx I laugh on the inside every time you are at a video game tournament hanging out with a bunch of little kids. You’re a grown man who looks like a future CEO and you’ll be rolling in money and on women in a bed fit for a king in a mansion. Beyond that, I’ll have to play your Gay Man Watch next tournament, and “congratulations” on getting that coveted placing where you get to be called “good” but not good enough to earn money.

Error I’m glad you showed up to this one Richard. Although I’m not so glad that I didn’t get a chance to pound on your puny Ice Climbers :( Play melee more

Arturito Burrito I am also glad that you showed up, but I am not glad with what you have done with your hair. It’s simply not fit for an Ike main. I have to admit though – with all my neglect of Brawl for the last few years, you would probably win in an Ike ditto. Still, I retain the title of best Ike in the southwest ;)

Tetsuya I’m sorry that people give you so much **** – you don’t deserve it. Show up to more smash tournaments in Albuquerque if you can and we’ll hang out.

Fallen Stop forgetting your daughter(s) at Best Buy.

New Mexico

Bun?/Baron/Dark_Throne/Lonk/Jordan/Braanflakes/David/Anthony/Kale/Brandon/Aaron/Tonio/Austin/AB I’m sorry I don’t know any of you very well. We’ll have to meet up next tournament, okay?

TSM If it isn’t THE SILENT MARTH…you are way too silent indeed. Post more in the NM thread

Rojo Good melee matches; you have potential
Bwal Same to you
Azul Same to you as well
RPG I’ll train you sometime, all right?

Casey 5 of those 180 bucks is mine. I wasted it on brawl crews :(

Molly Host another tournament and I’ll buy you nachos

Zack Click on this, and you'll understand the truth. Also, congratulations on getting 2nd in brawl low-tier singles. Although had I entered, my Ike would win ;)

JT! Stop getting so good at Brawl. I’m afraid that at this rate, your ROB will be better than mine :(

Tyrant Stop playing Lucario and stop being too quiet.

Bryan Your mom is inescapable bull****

Matt Thanks for reminding me about a certain something something

Walker Mad respect for accomplishing absolutely nothing this tournament

Nolan Thanks so much for all the fests at your dorm this semester. As for the tournament, I don’t recall saying one word to you at all this tournament :(

Derek Why did you place so poorly this tournament? I thought you were good. It’s okay; next tournament I’ll invite llumys to cheer you on. Otherwise, I’m glad to hear that you entered melee and did fairly well. I’ll spend some quality time training you in melee next smashfest, deal?

Davis (once again) I don’t care that you’ve been gone for like 4 months, but there is still no excuse for why you placed that poorly

Iria I have yet to actually sit down with you so we can talk ROB. And stop complaining in the middle of matches about the little things. It splits your concentration on the match itself, makes you look like a whiner, and there’s a logical explanation for every single mishap too.

Patrick Thanks for entering melee. Also, don’t place last at brawl next time, or else I’ll ensure Steven fails to deliver the goods. All hope is not lost though – here’s how to make your own:

Niall If you hack my wii and put SSB64 on it, I’ll give you pro wolf tips

Josh If you don’t place dead last in Brawl next tournament, I’ll play Starfox Assault with you. Good job on not placing dead last in Melee, however.

Paul I know you’re thinking about using Peach against me next tournament, and let me warn you right now – it’s not going to work

Steven I’d take ****ing Cameron over you in teams

Erich You may have ended my glory on my home-plane, but be forewarned that Corneria is not my only sure-fire victory counterpick.

David I’m proud of you for placing higher than your supposedly better brother

Kyle Bring MaNg0 next tournament and I’ll spend some quality space animal training with you beforehand to look good in front of him

August I like SSB64, honestly

Brandon I’m sorry for stereotypically thinking of you as a WoW ***. Thanks for showing up to this tourney, it gave me some more hope of you becoming both a successful human being and a good melee player

Ronald I need to cuddle with you. Seriously.

Raul See my shout-out to Kira and replace “black” with “Indian”

Neil You’re pretty good, I guess.

Lewis What the **** man
Axe - You weren’t here
GG7 - You weren’t here
Forward - You weren’t here
Tai - You weren’t here
Rubyiris - You weren’t here
Jane - You weren’t here
DancingFighterG - You weren’t here
Interim of Zeal - You weren’t here
Lovo - You weren’t here
Jeris - You weren’t here
KenGeedorah - You weren’t here
Marronater - You weren’t here
YangFuShang - You weren’t here
Ergadis - You weren’t here
Ferdi - You weren’t here
Timotee - You weren’t here
DemonicToonLink - You weren’t here
Dave - You weren’t here
Sinz - You weren’t here
Redfox - You weren’t here
PaulSquared - You weren’t here
Matt - You weren’t here
Chefman - You weren’t here
Xion - You weren’t here
Kendric - You weren’t here
Daniel - You weren’t here
Trollthug - You weren’t here
Pice - You weren’t here
Yuki - You weren’t here
Michelle - You weren’t here
AllBoutSheik - You weren’t here
AllBoutPeach - You weren’t here
Mike Sullivan - You weren’t here
Cameron Burgard - You weren’t here
Jordan Burgard - You weren’t here
Doug Breen - You weren’t here
David Breen - You weren’t here
Daniel Breen - You weren’t here
Johnny Mak - You weren’t here
Phillip Cheek - You weren’t here
Ryan Fitzgerald - You weren’t here
Richard Moehn - You weren’t here
Ali Ishaq - You weren’t here
Greg Arias - You weren’t here
Arjun - You weren’t here
UTAH - You are never here

If you live in/near Albuquerque, pm me your number so I can regularly let you know about upcoming smashfests.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Neil WTF is with all the hate towards me recently!?

Not my fault you and Steven lost to Zman and August :p

David did good, I did good. He may have had an easier bracket but no johns. I'll save any insults towards you for when we talk in person next. But if you have a grudge towards me don't hide it behind lies and cowardice when we see each other next.

:link:

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Oh? I'm sorry if I look like I'm hatin' . . . you know I will always <3 my big brother :lick::lick::lick:

Although . . . if you were really the coolest person ever, you would have done two things:

1. Predicted that Steven and I would have lost and convinced me to team with you beforehand to prevent that and get 1st
2. Kept your 1337 post count

This time, I PROMISE you - with all my heart - that I will team with you, my big brother Kyle, next tourney.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Paul I know you’re thinking about using Peach against me next tournament, and let me warn you right now – it’s not going to work
Lol ya right neil, I don't ever plan on using Peach in tournament against anyone...ever. My peach still sucks against spacies, marth, and shiek. Bad idea considering those are the most common characters in tournies.

I only play her in friendlies.

Top Bottom