• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Napos

Smash Ace
You don't understand. I coulda been a contender, I couldve been somebody...instead of a bum, which is what I am let's face it.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
So instead of a fest at my house, everything is being over to Zal/Martin/Other 2d players live there i think's house! Address is 1919 bryn mawr dr ne eight 71 oh! 6

Looking to start at about 6:30. I'm gonna hold a 1$ brawl and a 1$ melee tourney if we can get some people for both. We'll have a seperate room for interviews.

See you guys there!

tekkie

Smash Master
i thought you were trying to spell brinmar or brynmar all cryptic and ******** so it couldnt be googled

going to apex to party and hang out in nyc

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
Holy s*** Neil I always forget how young you are I used to watch Teletubbies with my niece O_O

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
1. @ Tekkie, Nolan, Victor, Walker. The Nicknyte tournament. Confirmed. Register.
WE ARE GOING. NO PLANNING NEEDED. NO QUESTIONS ASKED

FIRST RULE OF NYTE - YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT NYTE
SECOND RULE OF NYTE - YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT NYTE

2. So nobody has a ps2 controller? I want one ^^

3. I left Erich's white GCN controller at the tournament. It's got a sticker of that princess from Tangled on the backside.

4. Zack, even when sober, I'm still convinced we arrived at a perfectly complete description of the phenomenon of love.

tekkie

Smash Master
pretty sure nolan means like right now, which is fine

the important thing is

thanks to some AWESOME FANTASTIC PEOPLE i might be able to go to the unm anime club tournament. will need to leave at like 10-10:30 or so but that shouldn't be an issue and is certainly better than not going at all.

tekkie

Smash Master
aweek from saturday? is there an official posting for it? is mk legal? i don't wanna practice a stupid-*** matchup i'll never have to worry about in two months :glare:

Iria

Smash Rookie
The UNM Anime Club tournament will be held on November 12th in the Student Union Building's ballrooms A & B. Since we don't have the venue for all day, we will need to start registration early at 9:00 AM (and doubles starts at 10 AM). If we go over on time (after 4:30 PM) we will relocate the tournament for the finals to another room. There is no venue fee! The prices for the tournaments are $5 for Brawl singles and $10 (per team) for Brawl doubles. The prizes are being finalized but will include Walmart gift cards (it is the best we can legally do instead of cash payout with UNM policies). All profits of the tournament will go towards the UNM Anime Club as a fundraiser for the club. The ruleset being used is 99% similar to the current unity ruleset with only very minor adjustments and MK legal. And as far as I know, I will be the only MK main [that might pose a challenge] anyways. Most players entering this tournament will probably be casual players with little or no experience in tournaments. For more information visit (prizes will be updated soon):

http://s1.zetaboards.com/UNMAnimeClub/topic/4522225

tekkie

Smash Master
the 930 am starting is a huge turnoff. i'd have to railrunner up there, crash somewhere, and get to the venue ********ing early the next day somehow, and that sounds like a huge headache for a scrub tournament that will either have ten entrants or 100% guaranteed go over the time limit

edit: smashboards censors fit shucking? what a nazi forum

Iria

Smash Rookie
Yeah I'm the TO and when I originally posted the rules the unity ruleset was with MK legal (9/27/11). Since it isn't a major tournament I figured there wouldn't be a problem with MK. I thought the MK ban was for those really high level MK players who would dominate major tournaments and hinder the metagame. I think of myself as an average MK player; I can pose a challenge at times but I am very beatable lol.

Also, we will likely be having about 8 setups and are expecting about 30-50 entrants. Since we have a time constraint, we will enforce a maximum limit of 64 entrants with double elimination. Again, if we go over on time, we can relocate to a smaller room for the final matches (which will likely be a subset of the people on smashboards).

tekkie

Smash Master
how about since im not entering doubles let me register sometime between noon and 1? looooooool

the difficulty in my attendance is that i can railrunner there and arrive at 730pm but then i'll be downtown, 20 minute drive from my west-side house, and then i'd have to find a way to unm the next day.

Top Bottom