• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
No, tournaments haven't happened for the past 4-5 months lol.

I've gone to one of his tourneys, that was the one where he entered people into the tourney without having them pay, promised 40+ people and had about 12, including us + el paso.
They had like 20 entrants during the last tournament though......

We can't get that many when CO and EP come.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Does tomorrow and a movie mean "midnight and Harry Potter"?

I Just wanna go and shut up their **** talking more than anything, and a crappy tournament is better than none at all considering the total lack of one recently

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Lets say we did want to go to forwards melee tourney, who would want to go? Neil?

I may be able to, but money is tight.

And I'm with Walker on this one, a tourneys a tourney. And it's free money if they get some people there. Advertise their stuff with "Represent LC vs those A Hole Albuquerque guys who think they're better than us" :p

tekkie

Smash Master
now that i think of it, one team consisting of me gorf nolan one of the twins and neil could beat both LC's best melee and brawl crews.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
I can't confirm anything just yet. I'm graduating that Friday so I have to make sure everything and anything revolving around that gets my immediate priority.

EDIT: Well it's on a Sunday... We could always leave early in the morning and drive back that night. But isn't it funny that we're "Expected" to bring our top 5. Our top 2 in each could beat both of their top 5's. Our 2nd and 3rd could pull it off haha.

Megaman1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RPGfan2005
Did anyone we know go? If not, it's a lie as far as I'm concerned.
dude, what the hell is your problem, stop talking smack about us. If you would have come, then you could have proved it yourself, I wouldn't have posted it our website, or on the news, if it wasn't true.

besides, I'm getting freaking tired of your bull crap.

Twin A, I tried to make a legit, 100% epic tourney the first time,
but many complications came up, Venue fees, Not as many people as I expected, and lack of member contribution.

LCGC was a success, we advertized it with time, we got sponsored, we got vendors, we got pot bonuses, we got it all!!!

I got $400 for winning both tourneys.

so like I said, the joke's on you.

I also wouldn't have my own smash wiki if I wasn't serious about smashing.

I registered everyone before taking the money,
I saved the tio files correctly, I had dedicated members watching and taking care of the equipment, matches were recorded, but I haven't uploaded them yet. NO ONE GOT IN WITHOUT PAYING A VENUE FEE!!!

also, ShadowPhoenix said there was going to be +40 people I didn't.
There was about 22 people in the Brawl tourney you went to.

And who are you to talk when EP went to your stupid 10 man tourney.

I'm trying to make a smash scene here.
I'm moving up, and if you never fight me here, I'll see you at APEX or ROM someday, and whoop your ***.

I don't care about Brawl, so fine take the title of "best in the southwest"
I don't give a ****

but I'll be "best in the southwest" for melee someday.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Hey RPG, it's good to have goals. And if you read, we're trying to get a car down there for your tourney. Good for you for getting a scene going, but you can't get mad at us for being bitter about our previous experiences.

Good for you for winning the $400. And become the best in the Southwest, just don't assume the title without first beating the people ahead of you and climbing up the ladder.

I'll see about making it to your tourney and we'll see if you've improved.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Now No Koast, that's a tourney I'd go to.

@RPG- 22 people did NOT enter Brawl at the "tourney" I went to, period. That is a blatant lie, our group that went, or El Paso could confirm this.

Not only did 22 people NOT go, but half of that many people actually ended up PAYING to enter. You entered people into the tourney without even putting money into the pot for their entry fee.

Next, we've got your tourney that recently happened. I don't know of anyone actually going there aside from your gaming group's members. That's all fine and dandy, aside from the fact that on the tourney thread itself, you advertised "pros" coming from some unlisted place to attend, then when we inquired about it, you said "YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO COME AND SEE!!!!"

It's just something I don't find myself wanting to deal with.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
i'll just put ten dollars on whoever wants to play him
*raises hand*

As I told him and ShadowPhoenix, put a number next to a dollar sign and I'll money match them for that amount. And my brother and I will teams MM them for any amount they want. I'd almost go so far as to say we'll do a 2:1 odds MM or higher (their 5 our 10, etc).

Mind you I'm happy for them building a scene and I'm interested in going to this, just I hope that it's run better than the travesty we endured last time.

tekkie

Smash Master
you own me $5 from our mm back at "nm pounds the 4 corners"
wtf he was there? where? o_o

also i'll mm any las cruces people for $10 or less only because i'm a cheapskate and that's already 10x as much as i usually mm anyways :p (and because i only have $10)

@neil: come with us to el paso if we go

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Advertise their stuff with "Represent LC vs those A Hole Albuquerque guys who think they're better than us" :p
I lol'd

Anyways...
Yeah I admit that first tourney was pretty ****ty and idk why he let people in without paying, but I have to admit that RPG has gotten his **** together with that last tourney... I doubted him as well, but I heard from a few people that it went by smoothly... All he's asking for is another chance... I dont know why theres this hostility towards us...

Come and try to take our money :p

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Guys help

I'm getting existential again
Existential
1. of or relating to existence, esp human existence
2. philosophy pertaining to what exists, and is thus known by experience rather than reason; empirical as opposed to theoretical
3. logic denoting or relating to a formula or proposition asserting the existence of at least one object fulfilling a given condition; containing an existential quantifier
4. of or relating to existentialism

— n
5. a. an existential statement or formula
b. short for existential quantifier

And what wikipedia says about existentialism:

Existentialism is a term applied to the work of a number of 19th- and 20th-century philosophers who, despite profound doctrinal differences, generally held that the focus of philosophical thought should be to deal with the conditions of existence of the individual person and his or her emotions, actions, responsibilities, and thoughts.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol LC is gettin mad. But honestly you guys try to get us down there with false hopes or semi-******** challenges. I am not trying to be rude but the last tournament had you saying "Pros will be here..." and also "Show up to make it on the top ten list"

I understand that some of that was changed but you are still trying the same stuff. You are saying that there will be crew battles with Alb. vs LC but at no point did you confirm that anyone from Alb. was in fact showing up. I hope I can go but it all depends on money, transportation and if I have anything that I feel is too important to miss.

I will do my best to make it tho. If we do then my bro and I WILL take your challenges and we WILL win.

Edit: Actually I need to correct myself. I just re-read the tourney post and it says that you hope/expect us to bring our top 5... My bad.

Lol maybe we'll get lucky and be able to bring 2 or 3 of our top 5. That'd be cool. Gotta see about Neil or Paul going.

Oh ya and Light is technically an Alb. smasher now... maybe he'll be interested in free money lol.

Top Bottom