• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
FFFFUUUU
Zack and I were just at UNM thirty minutes ago :(
But it's all right. We played a better game.
Hint: it's a game Nolan wasted $80 on

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
I wtflol'd at the end of tekkie's vid.

Also, have to say, a simple stage repositioning seems to do wonders to make Smashville more visually appealing.

Dekar173

Justice Man
I'm the greatest of all time ever.

Poor Ramin SDing lol. Also, someone said it looked like a missed PC on the comments, that's way off lmao he wasn't even airborne!

Hey, Walker, I have prior engagements which will probably end at 2. Since Nolan's shindig isn't until 3, would you mind if I hung out with you for an hour? I don't want to be invasive, I just figured that'd be easiest.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
What August Said, minus the moving obv.

Also, as long as we are posting random awesome brawl vids, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC0iMuMnU9g

The first ten seconds are sooooooooo funny
that was stupid, how often is someone going to pull a stitchface

not to mention that Pit was borderline ********

is that how to make brawl fun to watch...watch bad players?

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
@everyone else Fest on Friday? I work until three but can host right after.
yesyesyes

That makes me want to play Peach (and Brawl).
lol

Hey, Walker, I have prior engagements which will probably end at 2. Since Nolan's shindig isn't until 3, would you mind if I hung out with you for an hour? I don't want to be invasive, I just figured that'd be easiest.
For sure. We can play magics or something.

that was stupid, how often is someone going to pull a stitchface

not to mention that Pit was borderline ********

is that how to make brawl fun to watch...watch bad players?
Paul for best troll.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Gotta love Sakurai Right?

Awesome post that sums up my exact feelings on the matter:

My sentiment as well. Sakurai seems to think that as a developer, he has to choose between satisfying either the hardcore or the casual crowd. What he ignores is that he can satisfy both, and in fact, he already has with the game that he maligns in the interview. Melee sold 7 million copies, and 99% of those people who purchased the game were not tournament players. Everyone was happy; we tournament players had some great times, and regular players did too.

Like it or not, there is a general trend in the fighting game genre towards easier and more accessible. This isn't necessarily a bad thing. Street Fighter IV is easier than Third Strike, but the trade-off is that SF4 essentially revitalized the entire genre, and now we have a major release every year. That seems like a pretty good deal to me, but the key is that Capcom also hasn't forgotten about the people that want something more challenging than SF4. Those people are getting an improved version of Third Strike.

Sakurai has overlearned the lessons of the industry. Brawl being more accessible is not the problem. The problem is that the design choices made for Brawl gutted what made Melee such an enjoyable experience for everyone, tournament and non-tournament players alike. And I suppose that someone would argue that Brawl has sold three million more copies than Melee. That's true, but is that because it's "more accessible," or because the Wii is selling like gangbusters in comparison to the Gamecube?*

Or put another way- Melee sold 7 million copies on a system with a 21 million unit install base (33% adoption rate) versus Brawl which has sold 10 million copies on a system with a 77 million unit install base (12% adoption rate)

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Sakurai's an idiot. It's true. Melee appealed to both crowds. Everyone loved the game...so why change it?

Good times were had by all.

But with brawl he satisfied one crowd while completely alienating another.

Hey Neil, you're an aspiring wannabe doctor who isn't pursuing that career path, but can be of help to me anyway. I've had a sharp pain near the bottom of my ribcage, on the left. It's been bugging me all day. I feel it most when I breath in deeply and when I walk/move around. Any idea what could be the issue? I don't recall doing anything that could cause any damage and there's no outward appearance of injury, like bruises or anything.

Top Bottom