• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Dekar173

Justice Man
when should i host this week

OH NO tekkie leaves wednesday and is busy tomorrow so who would want a fest today? i get off here soon so it would start, well, soon.

inb4 you don't do anything at work nolan i hate your job!!!!!
I was just gonna suggest suicide. *******.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
wow i didnt think my romantic comedy situation could get any worse but it somehow has...

also, some guy in one of my classes looks like mew2king i swear there's one in every state

there was also some smelly snorlax

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
There are smashfests all the time, just check the boards (:

but as for being competitive, brawl is pretty dead in nm. but it is still played at fests! (or mine at least)

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
(First off, let me just say that I don't know who's who on the boards, so forgive me for using real life names as if you weren't in this conversation if you're here.)

I've played with a few of the top NM players before, I took second place in an (admittedly poorly run and poorly planned) tournament to Nolan, and I regularly play against David at Anime Club meetings.

I think I'm pretty good for a casual player, but after getting thoroughly trounced by the competition at an Anime convention, I've decided to try to step up my game. The only way I can do that is by playing better players than I usually do (most of my games are free-for-alls with less than pro players)

Also, as the newly elected UNM Anime Club vice president, expect to see a Smash Bros tournament run by us sometime this year.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Lol @ Steven.

Welcome digiholic!. Fests are pretty regular, just check the boards. Awesome that UNM might have a tourney again, but if you could have visa giftcards instead of gamestop, that would be great.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
I know it was done once, but that might have just been bad oversight. I know actual cash isn't possible lol. I tend to sell my gamestop giftcards when I get them is all :(

I think I'm pretty good for a casual player, but after getting thoroughly trounced by the competition at an Anime convention, I've decided to try to step up my game. The only way I can do that is by playing better games than I usually do (Brawl).
Fixed.

And welcome, digiholic. Hope your stay is... lengthy.

Steven, Gameloft is my favorite developer. Thanks to them, I can save myself 60 bucks on Call of Dooooty.

tekkie

Smash Master
hey digiholic were you by any chance the ness main from that one anime club tournament who loves the pirate ship stage? :D

also those crystal monsters look better than later gen pokemon

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
hey digiholic were you by any chance the ness main from that one anime club tournament who loves the pirate ship stage? :D

also those crystal monsters look better than later gen pokemon
That'd be me.

And I really only love the Pirate Ship because I've modded my copy to play "I'm On a Boat" instead of the normal music.

Also, Ness can spike in water quite easily.

Casey, you dont have to play games competitively to know which ones suck. But I know how much everyone's been jonesing for a spark for the brawl scene, so I'll withhold any further comments on the subject.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
Walker wins! A fest can still happen today but not until I get off which is at 5:30. Are people still down?

edit: post/text if you want the fest. if not i'm not gonna rush home :p

Iria

Smash Rookie
I think I can go, also I kinda forgot where you [Nolan] live.... (also I can forward the info to Digi so he can visit later).

Edit: Oh and hi everyone (been over a year since I last posted here lol)

Top Bottom