• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
Hey bros I need help finding a venue because honestly I have no idea what to look for. I called Gamers Anonymous but their new venue is not actually scheduled for opening yet so I find it unlikely that it will be ready in time and I do not want to take a risk that it will be opened before the tournament happens.
I remember we used to do tournaments at Ninja Monkey (ahh, nostalgia) but I do not think it is big enough to accommodate us since we were cramped when we were only doing Melee monthlies.
I don't know, anyone have suggestions?

EDIT:
@Neil: I want to go to Six Flags on a random trip one weekend!

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Being sarcastic and pointing out the obvious.
lanfest:

1-deekawr :marth::diddy:
2-kashakunaki :wolf:
3-meta knight :metaknight:
4-jt :rob::marth:
5-jt's funny looking friend :pit:
5-joa5000(tekkie) :lucario::snake::wolf::marth:
7 or 9 or 13 or something - Armsageddon :falco::peach:
7 or 9 or 13 or something - THEBADBARON :metaknight::falcon:

31 entrants

^tentative, i.e. IIRC

i actually won more matches with lucario and snake than anyone else lol
TSM will beat everyone there minus dekar with an iron fist.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
So Davis-

Patrick, Cam, Twister, and I all got Minecraft. I'm down to help pay for a server or whatever.

It's pur foon.
You guys rock. I already bought server space and host my own, though it's still in development (getting all the plugins and **** setup takes awhile and skill is distracting).

Just give me your usernames. I'll white list you so you can join the server. It's a bukkit SMP server, and I'm open to any suggestions. As soon as I get the time I'm going to be programming a homepage for the server.

The IP is: 66.135.60.226:27065

So I've read the last few pages of this thread, recognizing that the gap between my last fest and my second-to-last fest was two weeks ago and my last post was over two weeks ago. I have to say pretty much everybody in that period of time has posted something that made me LOL hard. Especially Steven. No matter how much ****ing win that post was, nevertheless it was quite mean. Then again, I'm just thoroughly jealous. :glare:

Time to activate multi-quote mode again.

Sadly, I accept this as true. Sometimes I stay up so late at night that my brain plays tricks on me and I eventually believe, after being so delusional and sleep-deprived that I see pink spiders crawl up my walls, you're more of a melee player than me, Light, Paul, Erich, Steven, August, Ronald, Kyle, and David combined :cry:Agreed wholeheartedly. Look at my poor Wii. I never abused that thing. Some other mythological god certainly ran a trainwreck on that innocent piece of trash. And it's clear that I take very good care of my stuff
especially my laptop
umm hi?

There was a fest at Zack's house (gasp!) Saturday evening, and at one point during that fest, I mentioned that you all know my policy on out-of-state tournaments. Well I conveniently forgot to have ever expounded upon that policy at length, so let me do so now ;)

WARNING/ATTENTION/DISCLAIMER/CAUTION: I'm going to take this seriously because I'm going to delineate promises which I am 100% committed to. So be forewarned, a wall of text follows. I make seemingly outrageous claims that I am willing to follow through on, so please excuse my hardcoreness :):):)

Neil's Policy on Out-of-State Tournaments

Article I: Definitions

A. Out-of-state (OOS) tournaments are defined as any video game tournament that occurs outside of Albuquerque in a specified radius.

1. When I say "any video game tournament", I mean for any video game. If you all want to go to ****ing Salt Lake City for a Killer Instinct tournament that has no melee involved whatsoever, then it's fair game.

2. The radius is specified as follows. It cannot be less than two hours away from Albuquerque, or else it is not considered an OOS tournament and thus follows a completely different policy. Thus, a tournament is Los Lunas is NOT OOS while a tourney in Las Cruces is most definitely OOS.

3. Furthermore, a tournament which is generally considered unacceptable for driving to is not OOS. Thus, Pound VI (if that **** ever happens) is not OOS and is inappropriate for this policy. Genesis 2, though, is considered appropriate for driving in my eyes. I suppose the cutoff is a 15 hour one-way trip. This is flexible, though. An elastic clause, if you will.

Article II: Provisions

A. My vested interest in the tournament does not matter. In other words, as implied by the provision that any video game is allowed, I don't care why you guys want to go. If it's not a tournament and some of you Smash World Forums members decide on a whim to go to Six Flags in Houston, it's fair game. I find this scenario highly unlikely, unfortunately.

1. However, there exists one exception to this apathy. I will not extend this privilege to illegal/pointless activities. For example, I will not take you guys down to Mexico to smuggle narcotics. Neither will I indulge you in activities that pose an unnecessary burden to me.

2. Just because I continue to fall out of this scene and attend less and less fests does not mean I am any less likely to attend tournaments. Nor am I any less likely to have fun on weekends I am available, which includes OOS touranments.

B. I will only extend this privilege if I am available during the expected time period. Needless to say, I am a moderately busy person and I alone judge my availability. My availability is deeply intertwined with my personal interest: if I say that I'm busy during the weekend of Genesis 2 yet you know that I'm not, then that simply means I am uninterested and you need to convince me to go spend money I don't want to.

C. This whole policy only applies to me taking my own vehicle. If I am being invited to an OOS tournament because a spot is available in someone else's vehicle, then only provisions IIA and IIB should be considered.

D. Perhaps the most important provision: You must pay your fair share of money to me for this trip. That means you need to pay gas fare (if it's an activity I'm interested in myself, then I'll pay my share of gas money) and the fair share of any other unwanted expenditure that I am responsible for. If I am expected to stay in a hotel, then you better pay both your and my share of the night's cost. I'll only pay for my own food.

E. I don't care about who else wants to go in the car with me. I really, seriously do not.

F. I really don't care about where we end up. I just don't want to die.

Article III: Conclusions and Examples

A. If I am free that weekend, if the activity is meaningful, and if I am willing to spend whatever money is needed, then it is likely that I am able to go. If I still display disinterest about this trip, then it is your responsibility to persuade/convince me otherwise.

B. Let me offer some illustrative examples.

1. If, on some arbitrary weekend this summer, I am free, and nobody else but Walker wants to go to a magic the gathering convention in Wyoming, then I am happy to take him and only him, provided that he pays our share of gas money (the entire cost for the round trip) and housing costs for the both of us.

2. If, for some spiritual endeavor, Josh wants to go to Louisiana and survey the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina 6 years later in New Orleans, I'll be happy to take him. Of course, I assume that nobody else would want to go and it'll be just the two of us, and he'll completely pay for the total gas and housing cost.

END OF DOCUMENT

Yeah, I'm ****ing serious. Get at me :awesome:
Just wanted to let you know that I read the whole thing because I'm not a slob. Also, you're awesome.

Would anyone like to split gas/hotel costs to go to Evo in my car?
http://evo2k.com/?p=819
http://evo2k.com/?page_id=50
http://evo2k.com/?page_id=378

July 29 - 31 at the Rio in Las Vegas. Tournaments for MvC3, SSF4, MK9, Tekken 6 and BBCS. Plus casuals and side-tourneys for every game ever.
What kind of side tournaments? I may be down (I'd give it a 65% chance) depending on certain variables.

OOOOH MY GOOOOD. I am sooo out of shape. 30 minutes. And I can barely hold myself up. I'm such a fatty.

*dies*
TSM will beat everyone there minus dekar with an iron fist.
I highly doubt that, good sir.

Light_

Smash Apprentice
Hey I just wanted to point out that I also read Neil's entire post but all I heard was johns. And Eikelmann, I can't wait to play you! And you've heard of me? That's surprising since mainly only west coasters know me, haha. I'm assuming the Twins told you though.;)

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
My computer sucks so hard it can't run Minecraft, so I don't know how good it is. I keep hearing good things about it though.

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
I have no idea what the issue is. I download the free trial of Minecraft from the official website and it doesn't even load up.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
So, are people all getting into minecraft now? I wonder if I should give it a shot...
You should at least try it. I think it's a fantastic game. I have my own server, which apparently has sky rocketed in membership since Dekar and company just got the game. It's basically me, Destry, two others, and now all of them.

My computer sucks so hard it can't run Minecraft, so I don't know how good it is. I keep hearing good things about it though.
Is your computer a calculator? 'Cause, Minecraft has to be like, the least demanding game in the last 10 years.
You know, it takes a surprising amount of processing power to play. I mean, not a WHOLE lot, but a lot more than you'd think for pixels and blocks.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Yo Ronald. I will start looking for some too k. Didn't Sinz and Erich host a tourney at the Taylor ranch center? That may be a good place to look.

Also Eikelman... I prefer CashMooney :( But it works lol.
For those who don't know, Eikelman is gonna be moving here soon. He thinks he is gonna be #1 in NM hehe. Good luck even beating my bro or I ;)
(By that I just mean my bro. I'm free :'( )

Dekar173

Justice Man
Dekar173
judgedreadnaught

not sure about twister/cam's screennames.

and Patrick sent you his :p

August I don't think you understand computers.

It LOOKS very simple because if the graphics were any better, it'd require a super computer to run it :O

Light_

Smash Apprentice
Too bad I plan on holding the #1 spot in New Mexico until I move back to Arizona... where I will drop down ranks...

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol ya right! NM will make you the best at everything ever! Dekar is still #1 in Brawl Southwest and he doesnt even compete!

So all you have to do is beat Axe, Taj, GG7, and Forward and you will be good :D
Not like they are all that hard...

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol touche' bro. Man. This state is depressing sometimes. I'm really hoping alot of the Alb scene shows up for the June 11th tourney.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Dekar173
judgedreadnaught

not sure about twister/cam's screennames.

and Patrick sent you his :p

August I don't think you understand computers.

It LOOKS very simple because if the graphics were any better, it'd require a super computer to run it :O
Alright, I have you, Twister, Patrick, and judgedreadnaught. You're good to go.

does minecraft still use java to run? it used to **** my computer when it did
Yes sir, it does.

*Tw!st3r*

Smash Rookie
add Cameron too: camxd

also I will join your server when Casey upgrades his comp. In the meantime I'll stick with Patrick's server.
Our cave hideout is pretty legit

Wow, too much in here to respond to, haha. I'm excited to play someone new in Melee though, mhmmm. Also, yes I'm sorry my sunglasses are so cool Kyle. :p They have a tendency to taunt people! ;)

We did hold tournaments there Ronald. It's got a few huge rooms that you could easily fit a lot of people into, so check there or other ones as well. :)

Also, August...man, start running more!!!! Haha. Run with good ole' Erich, your fat buddy! :)

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Question: Are there any reputable or worthwhile tournaments that ban Metaknight? I'm absolutely willing to get back into competitive Brawl if so.

add Cameron too: camxd

also I will join your server when Casey upgrades his comp. In the meantime I'll stick with Patrick's server.
Our cave hideout is pretty legit
Done and done. Could you PM Cameron's number? Alternatively, give him this address: http://day9tv.blip.tv/posts?view=archive&nsfw=dc

If you do the latter, warn him their out of order.

Also, August...man, start running more!!!! Haha. Run with good ole' Erich, your fat buddy!
Don't you run track? I could use someone to run with. I'm trying to improve my cardio, but no one runs as well/fast as me or responds well to encouragement.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Zack hit it on the head. MK should be banned, but never will, so we just have to deal with it............

I mean, four consecutive polls where 60% say yes isn't enough.....

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Don't worry Paul it's almost MK time.

Davis, regarding side tournaments at Evo, I can't guarantee any particular games since they'll be happening spuriously in the casuals area. But if you were to ask about any random fighting game, my answer would be "probably". If you were to ask about smash, my answer would be "maaaybe?". If you were to ask about non-fighting games like Starcraft, my answer would be an unfortunate no.

tekkie

Smash Master
i downloaded the mk9 demo on my friend's ps3 and it's godly

still too scrubby to get mileena's fatality down someone halp :(

is there anything like srk for mortal kombat?

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Also Eikelman... I prefer CashMooney :( But it works lol.
For those who don't know, Eikelman is gonna be moving here soon. He thinks he is gonna be #1 in NM hehe. Good luck even beating my bro or I ;)
(By that I just mean my bro. I'm free :'( )
Glad you like my name haha

I'd like to be #1. If I can hit my peak with ColBol, Hungrybox, Rock Crock, and Harriet the guy before I leave, then I'll be happy. :)

Top Bottom