• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
For those who don't know, Neil started the fest already. At least that's the response I got when I texted him.

Oh God, I got ninja'd by Neil.

Anyway, I promise a TvC setup this time.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I appreciate you guys coming down here, but is it possible some of you could pre-reg, my list is look like the underside of a yellow-belly's hindquarters....(yee-haw)

...*****, did you say TVC? Okay, you get in free. Lawl.

Neil. I'm pretty sure I left my black gamecube controller there. It's the one with the grip on it. but it's kinda squishy. like. it doesn't feel good going up or down. I'm sure you'll figure out which one it is. Hold onto it for me, kay?

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Zack: I hadn't seen that one, and I can't see the game clearly enough to tell what's going on.

Tekkie: lol needs more DI

Yaz: I am.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
gorf: i found the source video while browsing srk. dude has a more epic voice than floe :laugh:
OMFG lol.

Basically the guy who flipped the table was in a pretty untenable position, and his opponent was being overcautious. Then He just plays a card that wins the game in that situation (not that he needed it), and his opponent did the best ragequit that you can

Sexy Yaz

Smash Apprentice
If anyone wants to smash this week, i'm free every day after nine. I can hold my own in melee and brawl so hmu, 8016366174

Megaman1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RPGfan2005
Las Cruces Game Convention 2012

Hey fellow New Mexican Smashers.

I am here to invite you to the 2nd annual Las Cruces Game Convention
See Thread

I will be running Melee and my 2nd best Las Cruces player will be running Brawl by default.

However, I am not looking forward to running the tournament(s), because I am not just a TO, I am the whole Convention Organizer.
So I am willing to give the TO position to anyone who is interested on this thread.
You will be considered a volunteer, so you get free entry to the con, and you will get fed.

I am doing this to raise the quality of the tournament. Hence I will be running around, people will be asking me questions, etc. So I can't just sit down and concentrate on making it as an awesome tourney as most of you would like it to be. So I am giving up the reigns and giving you guys an opportunity.

So if anyone is interested, please give me a call 575-621-2625.
Twin A and Tw1n have been notified of this.
I am looking for both Melee and Brawl TOs.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
Are those the real prizes? I remember last time Walker spent more money getting to your tournament than he did for winning it.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
I am here to invite you to the 2nd annual Las Cruces Game Convention
WubaZubaDuba is that true?

I will be running Melee
I am willing to give the TO position to anyone who is interested
You will be considered a volunteer, so you get free entry to the con, and you will get fed.
WHOA YOU GO BIG GUY!

[COLLAPSE="Pose for the fans!"]
Media said:
[youtube]http://www.facebook.com/v/191846367506885[/youtube]
[/COLLAPSE]

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Are those the real prizes? I remember last time Walker spent more money getting to your tournament than he did for winning it.
I'm having flashbacks to this already.

Pretty sure it was also true for Kyle, Brad and Erich............

Nolan, I'm 100% sure those are real prizes. I got 55% of the pot for winning last time

Arms

Smash Rookie
I wish I could short hop laser so low it hits a crouching jigglypuff. Maybe someday.

Iria

Smash Rookie
Who can bring a setup for Saturday's UNM brawl tournament?

The Anime Club is providing: 4-5 Wiis, 4 CRT TVs, 1-2 LCD TVs

I know the LCDs are not desirable but if we don't get enough CRTs, then we have no choice.

Also, I will be using Metaface to promote the tournament on Friday afternoon in the SUB. Come see it if you have a chance!

tekkie

Smash Master
Who can bring a setup for Saturday's UNM brawl tournament?

The Anime Club is providing: 4-5 Wiis, 4 CRT TVs, 1-2 LCD TVs

I know the LCDs are not desirable but if we don't get enough CRTs, then we have no choice.

Also, I will be using Metaface to promote the tournament on Friday afternoon in the SUB. Come see it if you have a chance!
i'll bring a wii setup. it's hacked so we should prioritize using it.

also, see what?

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
I'll bring 3 CRTs. It's up to other people to bring the consoles.

I've decided to become the new Paul of the scene. I'm going to put Project M and Project Melee and Brawl- 2.X on people's hacked wiis. I'm going to do nasty things to your poor little wii this weekend tekkie ;)

Also, NYTE update.

my earlier post detailing everything for you lazy people who are still on the fence and stringing drivers like me along

[COLLAPSE="people from NM who are 100% going"]
fuck the cars we'll figure that shit out the day before like we always do

Me (Neil)
tekkie (Niall)
Tarmagoyf (Walker)
Napos (Victor)
Dekar173 (Casey)
Twin_A (Kyle)
Tw1n (David)
Light_ (Brad)
Havox (Lewis)
SamTheGlide (Sam)