• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Fluxus

Smash Cadet
Sheild tilting is god. Watch Atomsk play. It's key with chars like DDD. Sheild tilting owns Peach's dair, Marth's side b, meta's tornado, and gw's turtle. Any multihit move it's great for, and it can be used against any move.

Casey- I'm trying to find good video format, I'm messing around with new ones. Be patient lol.

Edit: Indians are hot, both of India and native.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
nolan- salty and i accept your mm. btw for sat you might want to have a tent or some **** like that set up cause theres like a 10% chance of rain on sat.
We can't do the MM then because I am going to SWAT this weekend. So at the tourney on the 30th?

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Did anyone notice that Mango posted in our tournament thread?
He wants people to bug him about it on AIM. WTF@ NM having real people come down.

Fluxus, what characters did the top8 CO players use at Cutthroat? I wan't to report the results to Ankoku's thread, but I don'y know who played who aside from you and tim.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
If you want Mango to come down, then make sure to be on your toes on AIM. Last time, we weren't on our toes on the power rankings thread. Since we didn't respond quickly enough we didn't get a chance to play with the best smasher in the world. We better not screw it up this time.

Of course, I'm pretty sure Mango is legit enough to come down anyway. I mean, last time he promised us a "next time NM." :laugh: I was the one who pm'ed him. We gotta get this going NM this is our chance to shine!

@Molly, most of the flyers I printed was the middle one (the posterredux one). It had everything like the other flyers (except for the "southeast" and the online thread website), but it made up for the lack of information by its sex appeal :p

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
OH **** I didnt see the CF one that's amazing
<3 Molly

anyways i am currently IM'ing mango right now. I've got it covered. No reason to panic!

and erg, that fox/falco guy was me. i won't be a *ussy and I WILL MM you next time around :)
I especially loved teaming with you. we were downright ****

Fluxus

Smash Cadet
Dekar-Diddy Kong
Fluxus- Meta Knight
Goyf- Ice Climbers/Wario
Timotee- Ness/Wario
GoldenGlove- Donkey Kong/Kirby
Gamree- Diddy/maybe someone else here?
Ravin- Samus
R- King Dedede

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I've yet to see an attractive Indian, but I have seen some pretty gorgeous Native Americans.

The legend of Zelda, Link rides a train.

Is this what we've been waiting for for like 2 years?
Oh my God. I can't believe that... that can't be a real game.

Oh no! Neil is talking to Mango. Surely, he'll never come down now.

When are we leaving for S.W.A.T.? I'm going.

Is it just me, Walker, and Casey?

EDIT: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=234299

Who wants to see Pikachu **** some Metaknight?

GanondorfMan33

Smash Cadet
Pikachu ***** MK, and the only one Anther has ever lost to is teh spammer, who is a fabulous meta knight player. That's a good set to watch if you haven't already.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
So the party this weekend is MOST likely canceled due to weather. However, the fest will go on. It will still be an all night crash if necessary fest.

I've got junk to do in the evening on Thursday so I can't be at Neils too long, however, would anyone be interested in a fest-ish event at my house Wednesday night from like 6-???

edit what the god is going on in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMzUhy9xJlY&feature=channel

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Wait hold on. why is the party cancelled due to weather? Sure Zack said there's a chance of rain, but you would consider "MOST likely" to be 10%? lolwut
also, did you not see that huge storm we had on Sunday/Monday. it was legit. I would bet the top Albuquerque weatherman $100 that it will not rain in my area. It *may* in yours, but I HIGHLY DOUBT IT.

Also, yeah, I'd be down for the wednesday night fest. I watched the video for 2 secs and got bored because there was no audio :p

FattyFatFatso

Smash Apprentice
Hi New Mexico! I am here representing Oklahoma and would like to inform you that our big tournament OH SNAP is in the works right now. We are looking at dates between Aug. 12th and Aug 16th so please do not schedule any tournaments during that time. If you guys could tell me who is your major TO it would be much appreciated. You guys are welcome to come! We will give you more information as our dates become more solid.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
I didn't even notice that Zach posted about weather until I just checked. My parentals informed me that the weather was saying something about rain on thursday, friday, and saturday.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Hi New Mexico! I am here representing Oklahoma and would like to inform you that our big tournament OH SNAP is in the works right now. We are looking at dates between Aug. 12th and Aug 16th so please do not schedule any tournaments during that time. If you guys could tell me who is your major TO it would be much appreciated. You guys are welcome to come! We will give you more information as our dates become more solid.
K. Come on the 30th to our tourney.

Ax00x0

Smash Apprentice
Fsmash, ftilt, dtilt, uptilt, dsmash back air, DK punch all go through.

If they appraoch with tornado just do one of those. You tried sheild tilting and then grabbing or dsmashing on my ending lag. Which is good, but you can't do it everytime.
While all of that is technically true, it's extremely unreliable or practical to use any of those-MK can be half way across the stage in a nado before any of those start up. Considering DK's overall speed and the fact that MK is a close-combat chatacter, and the MK player would either need to be very predictable, or the DK player would need clearvoyance for any of those to be reliable. Just throwing that out there.

The legend of Zelda, Link rides a train.

Is this what we've been waiting for for like 2 years?
Is it cOLD in here, or is it just me? Seriously though, this has been news for about 2 months now, and I'm not sure how anyone would find this strange-Link DID fight off an alien invasion in Majora's Mask and travered a great ocean in a talking boat in TWW, after all. Pretty much anything can happen in the LoZ universe, and since TWW and PH already established steam power, a locomotive doesn;t seem too odd. Also, this isn't the LoZ game Miyamoto said they were working on-that was is for the Wii, and nothing is known about it yet.

On that note, E3 is in like 2 weeks. Last years was boring and lame, but I think a lot of new stuff will come out this year. The rumor mill says the Wii in particular will have a lot to show case, so we'll see.

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
On that note, E3 is in like 2 weeks. Last years was boring and lame, but I think a lot of new stuff will come out this year. The rumor mill says the Wii in particular will have a lot to show case, so we'll see.
Sadly, you are too optimistic. I'm going into this E3 skeptical of Nintendo. They've disappointed me each year for the last 3 years. Let's hope, for their sake, they don't **** **** up.

Otherwise, it'll be a pretty sweet E3. I'm looking forward to all the projects of real devs.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Is it cOLD in here, or is it just me? Seriously though, this has been news for about 2 months now, and I'm not sure how anyone would find this strange-Link DID fight off an alien invasion in Majora's Mask and travered a great ocean in a talking boat in TWW, after all. Pretty much anything can happen in the LoZ universe, and since TWW and PH already established steam power, a locomotive doesn;t seem too odd. Also, this isn't the LoZ game Miyamoto said they were working on-that was is for the Wii, and nothing is known about it yet.
It's about the fact that they have been doing stupid gimmicks zelda games for too long now. The classic elements that made zelda zelda are slow dissappearing. We have lost characters in the story to an extreme degree, we have lost magic power, we are starting to lose mirror shields, the magical insturments, so many things that were classic to zelda, yet we aren't reciving much in return except for being forced to move around with the stylus (Seriously, you shouldn't have to move around with the stylus)

IMO, Zelda is slowly not becoming Zelda.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
There is a fest today?

Where?

EDIT:
Amazing job Dekar, and I must say.

HOLY **** at Stevens match against that mario at first.

Top Bottom