• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Move: Z-Walk

Status
Not open for further replies.

stelzig

Smash Lord
Very nice post BOWM, but i've known Zzz for a while (in both the msc and the mohh2 communities) and he's always had this attitude and always been hated by many. He's not going to change =/

All the "techniques" he's found in other games that i know of are also either just minor variations of techniques already provided ("diana's safe landing" discovered by me several months before him and z-chip (yeah another z-trick) being basically a serve it in and finally his dachau dance which is dropping a grenade and kicking it after a player which i did on my own from day 1 i played the game and was a pretty obvious trick)

By all means he is good at those 2 games, but his attitude has always sucked.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
By all means he is good at those 2 games, but his attitude has always sucked.
He can't be very good if he's using those 3 "ATs" in that video he made and thinks they work well. His opponents can't be very good either if they aren't groundstomping him for it.

He can't be any good at all if he plays Peach (main?) and doesn't even know what the heck the Auto-Float is and thinks that there's no way to Float until you've reached the peak of your jump. No, seriously, you cannot be good if you don't know how to do that as Peach. It's an integral part of her game, even in Brawl.

Fliperotchy

Smash Journeyman
You are attacking MSC, yet I highly doubt you ever became good at the game. Many people people consider Smash Bros one of the least strategic fighting games. Many believe it is just a party game that got lucky.
you're an idiot. go back to wT forums with the other scrubs. SSBM is the MOST competitive game out there with the deepest meta-game of any other game. imagine if in Street Fighter, there were literally HUNDREDS of techniques that weren't meant to be in the game, and literally 90% of the audience didn't even know about. more people play SSBM, and make more money off of it, than any other fighter out there. do some research on the MLG forums *******.

If you take a deep look into any game, you find ways to master it. You act as if Smash Brothers holds some level of thinking only 1% of the population can grasp.
that would be a true statement. i played melee competitively for almost 3 years and i would STILL get destroyed by decent smashers like Zelgadis and RobMoney. you CANNOT and WILL NOT "master" brawl just because you can "take a deep look into it". that's like saying that by studying michael jordan's basketball films, you could beat him. you can't develop the mental and physical skill in just a few months or even a year. it took me like 6 months to be able to apply all of the SSBM techniques to my game without them actually hindering it.

This will be my last post on this thread
and hopefully on these forums

Personally, I would much rather pursue a self-created playing style than the same one as anyone here. Copying others does not fit in my profile. Don't believe in me, it is way too early for me to care. Your disbelief is expected. I've been through this process several times, and as history shows, I am very good at finding new ways to be successful in professional gaming.
you are a moron. i use all of the same techniques and tricks that ken does, but he would poop on me in a 4 stock match. everyone plays different. it's stupid to say that we're "copying" people. this isn't MSC man. stop thinking that it is. smash games are like no other games.

P.S. about the short hop "over" the person... That demonstration was mainly to show you can arial dodge into a roll, which in itself is a good maneuver.
umm...i'm guessing you were showing this to people like...hmm.....your clan. if someone couldn't figure out that ROLLING PAST SOMEONE is a good idea, then they shouldn't be playing this game.

oh, and you aren't aerial dodging into anything. you're aerial dodging, then landing, then rolling. there's no "trick" there.

go practice.

stelzig

Smash Lord
I didn't comment his level in smash though yuna. :p

Although i don't like him i'm pretty sure he will reach some level in this game as well though and understand how ridicilous everything he's said here has been. He has the determination for it. Maybe not pro, but good enough to somewhat understand the game.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I didn't comment his level in smash though yuna. :p

Although i don't like him i'm pretty sure he will reach some level in this game as well though and understand how ridicilous everything he's said here has been. He has the determination for it. Maybe not pro, but good enough to somewhat understand the game.
Not with that attitude and outlook at competitive gaming, he won't. And an obvious lack of research. Seriously, I discovered the Auto-Float on my own when randomly playing friendlies one day. I wondered what the heck it was an exactly how it worked and how to use it correctly and went onto the Smash hub for quick answers.

Guess what I've been spamming ever since?

Broly

Smash Lord
i wanna know why ken combo is fine, then ill know why people name techs. cuz i can do it, yet its not the broly combo

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
i wanna know why ken combo is fine, then ill know why people name techs. cuz i can do it, yet its not the broly combo
Because it was a combo Ken invented and used himself. Then people wised up and started using it. It wasn't an inherent game-thingie where you did a move and always got the same result. Ken timed it and did it and people got owned by it (in NTSC at least).

And the most important part:
Ken did not name it himself. Other people did. Because it was a combo associated with Ken.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Alright, as my first post in this thread, I'm going to ask the one question I can't seem to find answered anywhere within...

CAN ANYONE POST A VIDEO WHERE THE USEFULNESS OF THIS "TECHNIQUE" IS PROVEN?

Show me a replay of someone using it to great effect and I think people will stop complaining. Find someone in California to play against. Have them take their main into a game against this guy using this technique and see if it works.

Just show me Samus spamming projectiles at Peach and those projectiles passing right through her as she advances.

Hell, I'm in NH which will guarantee the game will be laggy as f*ck, but I'll try it if you want. If I get in there and find I can't hit him while he's doing this, then he's onto something. If it does nothing for him, then we know.

Why have we spent 10 pages arguing about this when the entire issue could be resolved by a 3 minute match? Seriously...

PS. I discovered auto float by accident as well. You can hold down and then press and hold X or Y and you're floating on the ground and can immediately execute aerials on your grounded opponents.

t3hggnore

Smash Rookie
Despite this tech being an epic fail....

Is it possible that wtzzz...whatever his name is didn't realize it was a float cancel because he's using a wiimote...? The controls are very different....

Lant

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I found out a new technique I call the PLant Dive, you hop over somebody and then hit jump, and you'll hop off their head.

I discovered this technique. It's not on the DOJO. I desperatly crave attention for my ego.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Despite this tech being an epic fail....

Is it possible that wtzzz...whatever his name is didn't realize it was a float cancel because he's using a wiimote...? The controls are very different....
No, because he emphatically stated that "there is no way to float before reaching the peak of your jump". He just hadn't done his research and thus didn't even know you could Auto-Float.

Mama

Smash Ace
No, because he emphatically stated that "there is no way to float before reaching the peak of your jump". He just hadn't done his research and thus didn't even know you could Auto-Float.
Not to mention that he didn't listen when people told him otherwise and insisted he was right.

That shows ignorance and arrogance on his part which is why I think these boards need a hall of shame for people like that chump.

Zero%

Smash Cadet
LOL i could if havent said you dinit play melee i just think you were a C stick down spamer that wants to keep peach broken in brawl.... but what the hell im just a noob :laugh:

Scala

Smash Ace
Lock This Thread

Lock It, This Has Gotten Out Of Hand And Has Degenerated To Trolling, Sarcasm, And Derogatory Comments.

Everyone Shut Up About This Topic And Let It Be Forgotten Instead Of Continually Drawing Attention To The Fellow Who Started This Nonsense And Because He Did It Only For The Attention.

Ino1Fan

Smash Rookie
I completely agree with Scala. I've known Kurt Smetan(Zzz) for 7 months and he's always been an attention grabber.

Fliperotchy

Smash Journeyman
Lock It, This Has Gotten Out Of Hand And Has Degenerated To Trolling, Sarcasm, And Derogatory Comments.

Everyone Shut Up About This Topic And Let It Be Forgotten Instead Of Continually Drawing Attention To The Fellow Who Started This Nonsense And Because He Did It Only For The Attention.
i bet he's telling all of the wT guys how much we suck and they're all laughing like "look at these newbs! with our new secret technique called ****-sucking, we'll never be stopped!"

Ino1Fan

Smash Rookie
Haha Yuna. Do you know how many tricks Zzz named after himself for MSC? <_< Absolutely crazy...

And apparently [wt]Meianu thinks he invented the dodge roll after you fall down to the ground..

wtZzz

Smash Apprentice
Thank you

It is widely known that the Americans invented modern MSC gameplay, not the Europeans. Furthermore, I was the first person to begin implementing much of the game's moves. The game's evolution was documented on my youtube account.

I believe I invented the Dachau Dance in MOHH2 before the Europeans even had the game, however I may be a little off there. I was the first to implement the style revolved around that in competitive, not casual play, as well.

I am not going to argue about how complex Melee and MSC are. I will say that Melee has been out for a much longer amount of time, so it is obvious there will be more to master, and years + years of mindgame developments.

Another use commented that MLG sponsorship defines a game's worth. I will agree money makes things more "massive," but MLG does not make games complex or more technical. MLG is a business. It makes money off of you. MLG should be doing a lot more for the community than it currently is, along with the other major gaming forums.

I will also agree that the person who first implements a technique into their gameplay is the one who will receive the most recognition for it. However, IF someone were to now go off and use the "Z-Walk," people would remember this thread.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
It is widely known that the Americans invented modern MSC gameplay, not the Europeans. Furthermore, I was the first person to begin implementing much of the game's moves. The game's evolution was documented on my youtube account.
"Modern" MSC gameplay?

And what difference does it make if the Americans "invented" the way to play MSC? Wow, you live on the same continent!

You were one of the first people to use much of the games moves, you say? I'm not going to argue that MSC isn't deep, but it's not like there's a lot of things to do. It's not like you discovered some super-secret techniques that no one else had discovered yet.

Just because you might've used a few strategies that later became widely used (and I'm willing to bet you weren't even the first to use them all) doesn't mean you discovered something huge.

I believe I invented the Dachau Dance in MOHH2 before the Europeans even had the game, however I may be a little off there. I was the first to implement the style revolved around that in competitive, not casual play, as well.
Much like with what you may or may not have done with MSC, what does Medal of Honor have to do with Brawl and Smash in general? So you might have discovered (you did not "invent" anything! You discovered a way to utilize a few things to do a thing... or something. It was all already in the game!) a viable technique. Yay you.

At least you didn't name it the Z-Dance.

I am not going to argue about how complex Melee and MSC are. I will say that Melee has been out for a much longer amount of time, so it is obvious there will be more to master, and years + years of mindgame developments.
This is that, that is that. Brawl is a new game. But it's obvious you spent, like, 2 hours, tops, playing Peach in Brawl. That or you didn't actually try to explore her much. And how the heck did you "invent" the Z-walk and not once notice that if you held Jump, she'd continue floating (we have unrefutable screenshots from your own video that shows that what you're doing is Auto-Floating)?!

Another use commented that MLG sponsorship defines a game's worth. I will agree money makes things more "massive," but MLG does not make games complex or more technical. MLG is a business. It makes money off of you. MLG should be doing a lot more for the community than it currently is, along with the other major gaming forums.
MLG doesn't owe anyone anything. MLG can do whatever it wants. And this has what to do with what, anyway?

I will also agree that the person who first implements a technique into their gameplay is the one who will receive the most recognition for it. However, IF someone were to now go off and use the "Z-Walk," people would remember this thread.
Funny, I thought that'd be you. Or are you abandoning trying to "implement" it?

wtZzz

Smash Apprentice
Most of my reply was directed to other people, not you Yuma. All the moves we devleoped in MSC are considered to not be part of the game. They are moves created by the players. None of the techniques or mindgames are reproduced by the computer or touched upon by the developers or manual. You are very uninformed and making terrible assumptions.

It is other people who keep bringing up these other games. I finished this thread a long time ago

MLG... someone responded saying how Melee was sponsored by MLG. So I replied to him.

Taymond

Smash Journeyman
However, IF someone were to now go off and use the "Z-Walk," people would remember this thread.
No, if someone were to now go off and use the "Z-walk" people would say "Hey, good utilization of autofloating. You seem to know Peach well, good job."

Oh, unless you meant if they actually did specifically your Z-walk crap? Then they'd probably be like "You seem pretty shortsighted in your use of autofloating. You should explore more options with it, it's much more versatile than you appear to think."

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Most of my reply was directed to other people, not you Yuma.
Since when am I a city in Arizona? Also, since when does that disqualify me from picking your post apart?

All the moves we devleoped in MSC are considered to not be part of the game. They are moves created by the players. None of the techniques or mindgames are reproduced by the computer or touched upon by the developers or manual. You are very uninformed and making terrible assumptions.
I'm sorry, it's not part of the game if it's not in the manual? Remember the Melee manual? Remember how it had pretty much nothing in it? I guess Smashboards invented 95% of the game.

So what if the computers don't use them? You know what Melee computers don't do? Dash. Computer Peach almost never downsmashes. Yes, and?! Even games like Guilty Gear XX Accent Core where the developers are quite aware of pretty much everything you can do have computers that don't use the best strategies, combos, "mindgames" and tricks. Doesn't mean the game developers didn't program them into the game.

You did not invent something. You did not do anything that wasn't part of the game. Just because the computer doesn't do it and/or Nintendo didn't point them out to you doesn't not mean you hacked the game or something.

Everything you're doing is in the game. And, really, I've seen enough MSC to know that there ain't that many hidden tactics. So you developed some "mindgames" and strategies. Yes, and?

It is other people who keep bringing up these other games. I finished this thread a long time ago
Then why are you here? And why have you not once admitted to being cataclysmically wrong about Z-walking and how it's done and the fact that Peach can float at any height she wishes and any number of the other things you're wrong about?

You were quick to tell us we sucked and were way off base but once we proved you were wrong all along, you conveniently started trying to switch the subject.

MLG... someone responded saying how Melee was sponsored by MLG. So I replied to him.
Smart people disregard sidetracking to things that have absolutely no importance, especially not to the thread at hand. And again, you're still wrong. About almost everything.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I was the first to implement the style revolved around that in competitive
How the hell could you even prove this? Seriously... that sounds quite conceited. Secondly... why play Medal of Honor anything with CoD is leaps and bounds ahead of it?
For starters, nobody will "Z-Walk" cause it just isn't good. Also, if you did discover something that was good, we would collectively rename it as something that makes sense as opposed to something that is an attempt to glorify the discoverer.

Think of all the other terms we use: Shffl, pillar, shine, and etc. All of these things are not named after people. The only 2 that I can think of that are different is the Ken combo, and the thunders combo, and neither of them were coined by the people that first discovered and used them.

baheffron

Smash Apprentice
The z walk is a useless technique (like most all other "techinques" being discovered) and can only be dont by peach. End of story.

Naybewon

Smash Ace
This thread should be closed. It's an abomination and it's shameful.

Wtzzz, you remind me of a kid I knew on IGN.com's forums. In fact, you might even be him. My name was Catzoid there.

In any event, I've read all the posts here (wish now that I hadn't--I think my IQ dropped a little) and I am compelled to point out that your refusal to describe the button-inputs for "your technique" until nearly everyone demanded it of you 5 times each is childish. If you were willing to share "your technique" in the first place, the mature thing to do would be to actually describe the button-inputs upfront, so others could immediately tell whether or not you were worth listening or responding to. The fact that you simply refused to describe your inputs shows quite clearly how desperately you craved attention. Then you enjoyed throwing others frustration in their faces when you told them that you were not in fact doing something remarkably common.

You insisted you were doing something new and then FINALLY posted your button-inputs. FINALLY. Then, much to no one's surprise, you weren't doing anything new. I'm sure at this point you'd like to say, "Why yes, Naybewon, I was doing something new. No one else seems to have used my button-inputs to do this."

Well let me explain: Perhaps you found a different WAY of floating near the ground, but that's what you're doing. If you've found a new combination of button-inputs that allow for you do achieve the exact same status that floating near the ground has allowed you, then I guess you are due a congratulations. However, the END ACTION, what you are ACTUALLY DOING is floating near the ground and that has been common knowledge; it's commonly and openly known; it's nothing new.

Please stop being so defensive. Grow up a little and allow your theory to be debunked. You've used different means to come to the EXACT. SAME. END. In that, there is really no difference between "your technique" and the commonly understood technique of both Melee and Brawl concerning ground floating.

Fliperotchy

Smash Journeyman
i just like how Zzz thinks that just because he takes in game physics and real techniques, puts a couple of them together, and then names them something else,he thinks he INVENTED something.

lets say i started mixing coke with pepsi. lets say it was the most amazing drink in the world, and everyone drank it.

could i call it "flip soda"? did i invent something?

NO. i didn't invent anything. and i couldn't re-name it. it's two things we already had put together. nothing changed.

am i making any sense to you?

i haven plenty of SSBM examples that would make it clearer for you, but you don't know jack about SSBM so that won't help.

if you want another metaphor, i can give you 50 more.

as long as you understand that you didn't invent ANYTHING in Brawl, then everyone is happy.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Would you please either put up or shut up?

You've already recorded a video of yourself using this technique. Take the SAME camera and record a video of it doing what you promise it does.

We don't need much: just a 10-20 second clip of "Z-walking" allowing a Peach player to advance upon another player through spammed projectiles (Wolf or Pit would do nicely).

Seriously, you have the power to deliver the biggest "TOLD YA SO!!!" ever to just about everyone in this thread. If this technique works, why not prove it?

Fabrian

Smash Journeyman
Would you please either put up or shut up?

You've already recorded a video of yourself using this technique. Take the SAME camera and record a video of it doing what you promise it does.

We don't need much: just a 10-20 second clip of "Z-walking" allowing a Peach player to advance upon another player through spammed projectiles (Wolf or Pit would do nicely).

Seriously, you have the power to deliver the biggest "TOLD YA SO!!!" ever to just about everyone in this thread. If this technique works, why not prove it?

too much flaming... I actually am trying it out instead of just randomly spewing back some random crap like wat he found is an abomination.

Even If it's not legit, it still brings about some ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom