• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

new ness needs help

ZimTheGrimm

Smash Rookie
im a new ness player and i need some advice...what should i try to master first, what are some good tips&tricks, what do i need to know???

Psi

Smash Cadet
The double jump cancel and use of pk thunder are probably the most important for a new ness. You'd have to be a bit more specific on what you already know to go much further.

FzGhouL

Smash Rookie
Shield Grabbing I would include with the two Psi has mentioned.

Then:
Mastery of Attacks' Ranges and speeds.
Mastery of Aerial Juggling.

Advanced:
Wave Dash.
Advanced Thunder Techniques.
Mind Games.

Mastery level:
YYG

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
An important bit of advice that gets left out because it seems like common sense is to learn how the stages mesh with Ness. I love Jungle Japes because of the fthrow on fast fallers combined with the river. Knowing which stages you should go fair crazy on and which you need to be conservative will be important combined with the standard tips. "If I screw up a WD, will I be able to grab the edge here?" That kind of thing.

Also, learning exactly how much time/space you need to get a taunt or a PK flashtrap off. (PK Flashtrap is using PK Flash as an "edgeguard". The point is not to hit the person, but to trick them into thinking you're trying to. I love it versus Jiggly, but it's useful against anyone.) Never underestimate how flustered people get by taunts or moves they don't expect to see the light of day.

_clinton

Smash Master
what should i try to master first

movement is good, doing basic, super and smashes are good to though.

what are some good tips&tricks

^+ B is most of the time a recovery move with most of the characters.

what do i need to know???

The Goal of the Game is to win to be better then the other guy, Stock= live longer; Time= Kill more; die less, Coin= Beat up foes and don't die, be greedy; pts= show off but don't be stupid (like break your own shield). There is no such thing as being cheap.

I assume you know this stuff though, but just in case.

Top Bottom