• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Pit game for Wii

xXx_KidIcarus_xXx

Smash Apprentice
I was just thinking, and i seriously think that after starring in Brawl, that Pit might soon get his own new game for the Wii, and that would seriously be SO cool if it actually happened. Imagine it a tiny bit like LoZ: TP, but infinitly cooler, where you control Pit, and you get to fire and control his arrows using the Wii-mote, it wouls seriously be the coolest game on the Wii (behind Brawl of course) any ideas/opinions on the topic?

Yaifrog

Smash Rookie
Well, it didn't work for the Ice Climbers... then again, they weren't nearly as popular as Pit. Well, it would be interesting to see a new Kid Icarus for the Wii using Pit's Brawl design. He could (yet again) go after the three sacred treasures to (yet again) foil Medusa's plans... I'm thinking just a remake of the original game.

FangzV

Smash Journeyman
I love this idea. Pit REALLY needs a new game. We Pit lovers don't have much to feed upon.

But make it MORE than a remake. 3D could add a new level of play into Kid Icarus.
+Wii Zapper could work with the whole shooting arrows thing.

Albiel

Smash Apprentice
I'm still a bit sore about Pit being turned into an anime character, but I'm certainly not complaining if that gets him a new game. The current Kid Icarus games are entertaining just for so long.

VaneWalker

Smash Apprentice
It should not be like Zelda beacause Zelda is Zelda.It cant be like Metroid or Mario it would have to be its own genre of gaming that nintendo hasnt made yet, such as a god of war pwnage box the Wii is missing.

Or maybe we could take the best from those series and implement them int the new game, like they did with the first

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
I'd like a mix between banjo & kazooie and zelda. Imagine huge and beautiful maps to explore, while flying. Then, some battle system like zelda. And a awesome storyline :D. You could use the nunchaku to control Pit while gliding, and the wii mote to use the bow while flying. Amazing...

Yaifrog

Smash Rookie
I think the Wii Zapper would work quite well for shooting arrows... but then again, Metroid Prime 3 didn't need it.

xXx_KidIcarus_xXx

Smash Apprentice
i don't think the wii zapper wuld suit it, i would prefer the wii-mote + nunchuk because you could control pit with the nunchuk, and have the wii-mote free to shoot enemies :)

Grevling

Smash Cadet
There was a rumor about this if I remember correctly. A long time ago, Capcom unveiled a bunch of games for the Gamecube (RE4, Viewtiful Joe, etc.) and one of them was a game where you play as a winged guy who flies around and shoots people. The game faded into obscurity and was presumed cancelled, but rumor was that Nintendo was just hanging onto it to transfer it into a Kid Icarus game (just like they did with Dinosaur Planet by turning it into a Starfox game). Well, that was just a rumor/speculation. Probably isn't true. Would make sense though.

Black/Light

Smash Master
There was a rumor about this if I remember correctly. A long time ago, Capcom unveiled a bunch of games for the Gamecube (RE4, Viewtiful Joe, etc.) and one of them was a game where you play as a winged guy who flies around and shoots people. The game faded into obscurity and was presumed cancelled, but rumor was that Nintendo was just hanging onto it to transfer it into a Kid Icarus game (just like they did with Dinosaur Planet by turning it into a Starfox game). Well, that was just a rumor/speculation. Probably isn't true. Would make sense though.
That game is called Dead Phoenix.

http://media.cube.ign.com/media/495/495519/vids_1.html vids

And a new KI game seems like it's all but confirmed. Theres rumors of Capcom working on it/ Facture 5 working on it/ Retro working on it/ Nintendo working on it. This game has soo many rumors about it its not even funny (and none are really detailed or anything, just that it's "in the works".)

I hope that it comes out as a LoZ meets God of War type game personally. It was always a Mario meets LoZ meets Metriod game before but it would clearly have to change after soo many years of being out of the loop and Nintendo needs more epic games so I see no reason for it to not have loZ like features such as epic story line and what not.

PeachyPit

Smash Apprentice
I would love to play a wii game with Pit in it (well besides brawl of course). It would be awesome!

I would buy it in a heartbeat!

_Tediz_

Smash Rookie
A wii about it game would be just so great. Think about the controls, with the wii controller, it would be just amazing. For ranged combat, you would shoot arrows with both the wiimote and nunchuk by standing up wiimote and pull the rope by moving the nunchuk backward(like a real bow^^)and by keeping a button pressed(maybe Z, that would be good) and then released it to let go the rope of the bow and shoot your arrow. For close ranged combat, separate your bow in two blades, one blade would be the wiimote and the other, the nunchuk. Then, just slash em up :chuckle:. Those are only some ideas, I don't know if it could be possible thought.:ohwell: but that would be awesome.

Here's some hope that this game might comes true. There are rumors about Factor5 being developing a total new game about Pit for the Wii, but nothing official. Hope this is true! for more information Wikipedia/Kid Icarus in the "Future" section or just Google it.

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
A wii about it game would be just so great. Think about the controls, with the wii controller, it would be just amazing. For ranged combat, you would shoot arrows with both the wiimote and nunchuk by standing up wiimote and pull the rope by moving the nunchuk backward(like a real bow^^)and by keeping a button pressed(maybe Z, that would be good) and then released it to let go the rope of the bow and shoot your arrow. For close ranged combat, separate your bow in two blades, one blade would be the wiimote and the other, the nunchuk. Then, just slash em up :chuckle:. Those are only some ideas, I don't know if it could be possible thought.:ohwell: but that would be awesome.

Here's some hope that this game might comes true. There are rumors about Factor5 being developing a total new game about Pit for the Wii, but nothing official. Hope this is true! for more information Wikipedia/Kid Icarus in the "Future" section or just Google it.
Yeah I agree it would be awesome. Just look at what I underlined. SO probably there would be something like lefty or righty at the beggining of the game, cause when I do archery for real I'm a righty so the bow is in my left hand so the controls would be different for each OR the left holds the wii-mote in their left hand.

Top Bottom