• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New player

Mir$

Smash Rookie
Hi my name is caleb me and a freind want to attend a melee tournament for the first time any advice before going to one
Also can anyone help me find a tournament to go to i live in westchester just north of nyc

Last edited:

o0silentshadow0o

Smash Cadet
Tell him to go in with no expectations, and to take it more as a learning experience rather then a competition.

As for the tournament, find a Melee Facebook group in your area, that should help to find a event.

Last edited:

iMgod

Smash Rookie
NNID
ParaPopulace
Hi my name is caleb me and a freind want to attend a melee tournament for the first time any advice before going to one
Also can anyone help me find a tournament to go to i live in westchester just north of nyc
Play lots of friendlies to practice. Seeing as how this will be your first tournament, you should see it more as your first exposure to a new environment. Don't expect to win the whole tournament. Also, be sure to show good sportsmanship to your competitors, you don't want to make a bad first impression to your locals.

Top Bottom