• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New reason why Midna is probably a PC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
Please excuse me if this has been mentioned before, I've read most of the Midna posts, but not all of them...

I was thinking about some final smashes and how they sometimes include characters from the same game world as their fighters... (see Pit, Dedede, etc)

Well, TP Link's final smash isn't really related to TP (kinda disappointing unfortunately). Almost every character's FS is game related (Mario fireball, DK music, etc) I was thinking about it, and how if Midna really IS in Brawl in some form, having her as a final smash might be more satisfying to fans than as an AT.

However, Link's FS is just a made-up generic one, really. Midna would have been way better.

Therefore, Midna is either her own character (I hope) or an AT (seems reserved for more obscure/retro characters than her).

What do you guys think?

Firekid2

Smash Apprentice
Maybe Link doesn't have a TP Final Smash because TP isn't the only LoZ game?

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
Maybe Link doesn't have a TP Final Smash because TP isn't the only LoZ game?
But they TP-ified his moveset, why not the FS?
Also, does Midna really fix the bridge at the Bridge? Huh, I guess she's not a PC then...:urg:

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
You're just getting your hopes up high. Midna has AT written all over her.

And actually, you don't see her fixing the bridge, so it could also be someone/something else.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Link's FS has everything to do with repping the series <_<
It has the Triforce in it and it's one of the most bad*ss FS in Brawl.

As much as I love the LoZ series, especially Twilight Princess, I think there are more deserving characters for Brawl than Midna.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Link's FS has everything to do with repping the series <_<
It has the Triforce in it and it's one of the most bad*ss FS in Brawl.

As much as I love the LoZ series, especially Twilight Princess, I think there are more deserving characters for Brawl than Midna.
Even Tingle is more deserving than Midna, and I don't say that because I like Tingle better. I actually hate Tingle and I don't hate Midna, but I still see Tingle getting in over Midna. =/

But they TP-ified his moveset, why not the FS?
Also, does Midna really fix the bridge at the Bridge? Huh, I guess she's not a PC then...:urg:
How the fack can they 'TP-ify' something that didn't exist before? And the guy you quoted already answered. Twilight Princess is NOT the only Zelda game so everything doesn't need to be from that game. Older ones need representation too.

And nothing about Link has anything to do whether or not Midna will be in Brawl. I don't know where you got that crazy idea above.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
After seeing what happened to Rosalina, Midna's definately going to be an AT. All the latest games of Nintendo's biggest franchises are being represented by at least one AT and Midna's definately first in line in that regard. Because of this, I believe Michiah from Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn has a good chance of becoming an AT too.

vesperview

Smash Hero
After seeing what happened to Rosalina, Midna's definately going to be an AT. All the latest games of Nintendo's biggest franchises are being represented by at least one AT and Midna's definately first in line in that regard. Because of this, I believe Michiah from Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn has a good chance of becoming an AT too.
How can you compare them? Twilight Princess has been out for way over a year, and Radiant Dawn came out in February, if Rosalina is an AT is because Galaxy just came out last month, not that she had that much chance had it been released earlier, but still, it's lucky to even get repped, Midna does have a good chance of being PC and so does Micaiah, they have way bigger roles in their games than that of Rosalina in Galaxy.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
How can you compare them? Twilight Princess has been out for way over a year, and Radiant Dawn came out in February, if Rosalina is an AT is because Galaxy just came out last month, not that she had that much chance had it been released earlier, but still, it's lucky to even get repped, Midna does have a good chance of being PC and so does Micaiah, they have way bigger roles in their games than that of Rosalina in Galaxy.
Keep in mind that the offical poll was done from May 06 to June 06 and because of this, it's estimated that the final roster was decided by September 06. With this being said, it's safe to say that the playable "character cut off date" was May 06 with Mother 3 being the last major Nintendo game being released before then. This also explains why the Pokemon Trainer is in his Fire Red and Leaf Green form and Ike wears the clothes he did in Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. Games like Twilight Princess and Pokemon Diamond/Pearl were almost complete and that explains why many elements of those games have been incorporated in Brawl.

As I've said in other threads in the past, logically, a vast majority of Brawl's playable characters will A) have been mentioned more then once in Sakurai's journal (like Lucas, Diddy, Ike, and King Dedede), B) been mentioned in interviews with Sakurai (like Sonic and Lucas), or C) did fairly well in the 2001 Melee poll (like Diddy, King Dedede, the Pokemon Trainer, King Dedede, Wario, and Meta Knight).

Black/Light

Smash Master
QFT.

How on earth is Rosalina anything like Midna? Not only is SMG a brand new game that just came out like a month ago, its also not the focus of the Mario series in brawl. Rosalina played a not-very-important role in a game thats really soo new that SMSS seems to be the game of focus for the series in brawl. . . I have no idle why she would come across as a likely PC character in anyones mind.

By all means I see Midna more as the Bowser Jr of LoZ newcomer for brawl. As in, they are both important characters in the games that the series characters seem to be focused on (Mario with FLUDD and Link with TP moves) along with other elements seen in brawl (SSE boss P.Plant and a SS stage/ TP stage and TP music).

Theres no reason Rosalina should look anything like Midna too anyone. Who knows when Sakurai would have even got word of Rosalina. . . we know for sure Sakurai knew about the workings of TP before it ever came up seeing as Link was shown in his TP look before it released.

D

Deleted member

LoZ supporting characters are strange. Most of the cool ones are one-shots, and those that stay around are not particularly awesome (maybe Vaati, but that's it).

And Zero Suit Samus? Sorry, but that's the strangest newcomer so far. Why would Sakurai and co confirm a character who's essentially another Sheik?

Strange things happen in Smash. Lets keep our eyes open people.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Keep in mind that the offical poll was done from May 06 to June 06 and because of this, it's estimated that the final roster was decided by September 06. With this being said, it's safe to say that the playable "character cut off date" was May 06 with Mother 3 being the last major Nintendo game being released before then. This also explains why the Pokemon Trainer is in his Fire Red and Leaf Green form and Ike wears the clothes he did in Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. Games like Twilight Princess and Pokemon Diamond/Pearl were almost complete and that explains why many elements of those games have been incorporated in Brawl.
If Twilight Princess is getting this much representation in Brawl this argument doesn't work, who's to say one of those many elements isn't a new rep for the series? Plus, you don't know any of this for a fact, so it doesn't work either.

As I've said in other threads in the past, logically, a vast majority of Brawl's playable characters will A) have been mentioned more then once in Sakurai's journal (like Lucas, Diddy, Ike, and King Dedede), B) been mentioned in interviews with Sakurai (like Sonic and Lucas), or C) did fairly well in the 2001 Melee poll (like Diddy, King Dedede, the Pokemon Trainer, King Dedede, Wario, and Meta Knight).
This is just ridiculous, not every single playable character has to be on the poll or be mentioned somewhere in order to be in the game.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If Twilight Princess is getting this much representation in Brawl this argument doesn't work, who's to say one of those many elements isn't a new rep for the series? Plus, you don't know any of this for a fact, so it doesn't work either.

But I have enough to go off of to come to this conclusion.

This is just ridiculous, not every single playable character has to be on the poll or be mentioned somewhere in order to be in the game.
Notice how I said a majority. When you add all of those things together, you end up with more then 100 characters and they cover nearly all of Nintendo's franchises and major characters. When it comes to playable characters, it's expected that most of them will come from this list. At this point, the only characters outside of this list that really seem all that realistic are Paper Mario (because of how many Mario characters have already gone down in flames) and Lucario (because of how all it's competition has been eliminated).

vesperview

Smash Hero
Notice how I said a majority. When you add all of those things together, you end up with more then 100 characters and they cover nearly all of Nintendo's franchises and major characters. When it comes to playable characters, it's expected that most of them will come from this list. At this point, the only characters outside of this list that really seem all that realistic are Paper Mario (because of how many Mario characters have already gone down in flames) and Lucario (because of how all it's competition has been eliminated).
Now you're completely missing the point, what I asked was, if TP is getting all of this representation, why couldn't that representation include a playable character? What does that have to do with the polls or an interview? Obviously Midna was not going to be on the polls if the game hadn't even came out, that doesn't rule her out at all, you're acting as if the game is not getting any representation, there's a stage, Link and Zelda's updated looks, not to mention his moveset, there's nothing stopping Midna from being playable aside from the fact that she may not return for another Zelda game in the future, not being on the polls doesn't mean "AT at best."

Black/Light

Smash Master
If you like to go by your own reasoning thats all hunky dory and all but please, don't try to argue useing what is only your reasoning/ assumptions on the matter. Thats no better than that "Link to a Snich" guy running around the Midna thread talking about how she doesn't fall into any of the "character titles" that popped up in melee which some how lowers her likely hood (and yes, thats his main arguement. . . .didn't happen in melee so it aint happening in brawl).

TP is clearly the game thats getting the most focus on it from the series so yes, it's very reasonable for it to also get a character as part of it's rep in brawl. Much like how even tho Bowser Jr wasn't on any journal or polls or random (and rare) interviews he is still highly likely for the fact that SS is the main focus of the Mario series as it seems to be.

Intercept

Smash Journeyman
Radiant Dawn already has an AT. Sothe.

It wouldn't surprise me if Midna is the 4th most recognized Zelda character.

Venraneld

Smash Cadet
I would love Midna to be a playable character and I don't think it's completely impossible (hell, Sheik made it into Melee and no one expected that. She just played a small part in the story, but ended up as playable), but as much as I want her as a playable character my bet is on an assist trophy.

Zorya

Smash Ace
Midna deserves no place on the Character selection screen. WOW. Just make her a boss and that's it.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Midna deserves no place on the Character selection screen. WOW. Just make her a boss and that's it.
. . . Where did boss come from?

Whatever. Since I'm still bitter about Sheik's inclusion, I've decided that Sakurai now OWES us Midna. If Sheik proves that one-game-in-a-series characters are still good enough for Brawl, then I demand that he put in a GOOD one.

If I see Midna on the roster, I'll forgive Sakurai for Sheik.

. . . Well, I'll at least think about it.

Zorya

Smash Ace
a boss no maybe for plot developmen and an AT
That would work too.

. . . Where did boss come from?

Whatever. Since I'm still bitter about Sheik's inclusion, I've decided that Sakurai now OWES us Midna. If Sheik proves that one-game-in-a-series characters are still good enough for Brawl, then I demand that he put in a GOOD one.

If I see Midna on the roster, I'll forgive Sakurai for Sheik.

. . . Well, I'll at least think about it.
Why are you bitter about Sheik? Sheik owns Midna 51 ways and 74 times always.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
the only difference is shiek is an addition to zelda and doesn't waste character spots and is probably easier to make a moveset for

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Why are you bitter about Sheik?
She's unimportant. And no longer relevant. And ***** LoZ continuity up the ***.

To be clear, it's not really Sheik that I hate (on the contrary, I liked her in OoT and I find her fun to play in Melee), it's the fact that she came back encroaching on Zelda's down B. Out of many options Sakurai had to try and hit some middle ground with Sheik, he picked the option that ONLY satisfied the Sheik supporters. He picked the one way of including her that I specifically did not want.

But enough about Sheik. She's had enough threads. The point is, I love Midna, and now that Sheik's back, the "Midna's only been in one game" argument is bunk. There's nothing holding Midna back now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom