• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Rob Technique!!!!! Gamebreaking!?!?

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Oh please, the midwest is worse because it's nearly as hot but we actually have this little thing called humidity!
Talk to me when it's 130 degrees in Ohio and you get second degree burns opening your mailbox. I've cooked eggs on the sidewalk; you don't know.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
So? One time the raindrops magnified the sunlight and burned down my barn. True story.

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
Not that i'm demeaning your ROB in any way but.... I'm kind of new to this site (not the scene, just the site) And I don't know how good this guy is, but his opponent didn't look that great.

Seeing the first video, I saw no agression in the Snake, really none. He just countered a few things, but didn't really try to approach.

And MK was spamming like nuts. If it weren't for the horrible matchups, that MK would have gotten pounded.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Who, DSF? He's like ... the best player on the WC.

*resists "WC sucks" joke*

Everyone has their bad games.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Taking 25th place is pretty good considering I had to catch a 7:00am bus that morning for a 35 hour bus ride back home and bowed out before going to work ^_^
I beat MaxxxPower in best of West R.O.B. ditto match, mind you.
Thanks for saying I'm a good guy, and, yes, my Forward+B is top-tier.
t1mmy got royally screwed considering they didn't even put him in the bracket after pools, he had to forfeit to another Kirby player, lol

PS: Jesus doesn't hate me, we play Smash all the time.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Yeah, T0MMY beat me in ROB dittoes. So did Hitori, so did Yamer (local AZ player) and so did my younger brother.

It was nice to play some friendlies, though.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
You just need Nacker training, trust me it works ;) It's made me the 2nd best ROB dittoer on the EC after Nacker, but I still suck against other chars.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Hitori is awesome... Yamer doesn't even main R.O.B.
Did Forward ever find his R.O.B. counter? lol

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Dudes, I could use some help on these ROB dittoes. I don't want to have to switch characters. *cough*metaknight*sneeze*

Forward doesn't need a ROB counter. He's that tight.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Just get more practice in with dittos, whenever I attend large tournaments I try to get game in with a variety of characters, and find Hitori or other R.O.B. mains as well.

Forward spent all night before the AZ 1-2 Step practicing against R.O.B. because I I played him a bunch the night before (Fox, Snake, Pit). I think his exact words were "I need to find a R.O.B. counter." Do you two play much? I know he moved to SoCal, but I think he's back in AZ now (for good?). His Fox is freakin' fast, I thought I was playing Melee. lol

T0MMY

Smash Master
I meant after AZ 1-2 Step. EoW's Dedede gave me more problems, but I have plenty of practice with t1mmy's Dedede, which is crazy good.
It was funny to hear EoW say the day before AZ 1-2 Step that we traveled a really long way just to lose to Arizona, and the next day at the tourney we beat both him and Forward X^)

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
You see, it was a joke to get people to watch my videos.

I hear that tricking and deceiving people is the best way to make new friends.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Those videos are tight.

Sean is too good, and Light has my style down to a science ever since Melee.

Too gooodzz.

Bug~

Smash Ace
haha :p

maxxxpower, u wanna help my ROB out so it can be way better than it is now?

location confirmedd video thread

Bug~

Smash Ace
quoting and talking to urself? *runs away*

lol too goodz..nice secret john.

my john is that "i lose to myself not my opponent"

NilliX

Smash Apprentice
Just watched your videos again, MaXXX. Still impressed by the onslaught of tilts and Nairs across the stage.
Was wondering though. What's the advantages of full-jumping a Fair? You seem to do in an awful lot. Is it just mind-games?

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Well, I was aiming at imitating Marth's f-air from Melee. To me, those moves are pretty similar, so I used ROB's f-air like I would have with Melee Marth. Kinda like the first twenty seconds of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLZ31-L74-w Except for the falling attack, I used b-air. I normally don't do that, but it worked more than once, so I kept using it.

Edit: forgot to link to the example, for some reason

NilliX

Smash Apprentice
Ah right. So it's just a way of minimizing approach for the opponent. I'm usually one to SH double-fair, but that's probably more of a combo/WoP thing.

Top Bottom