• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Sakurai Interview: Smash Bros DS and 4 news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Wow my thread is back. Very random.
Yes, because I linked to it in the Smash 4 topic. I used this topic as evidence to support that Sakurai might be planning on having 50 characters (which includes transformations) as Smash 4's roster number. Hopefully, this topic will help to temper people's expectations in regards to the roster number for Smash 4.

Pirate Goomba

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BackburningPyro
3DS FC
3969-6919-4080
Switch FC
2859 5488 3187
Keep the same amount of characters as brawl , unless Goomba gets added ;)

Amount of characters isn't what they should focus on , instead , look at everyone's move sets and ability's.

V3N0lVl

Smash Cadet
Keep the same amount of characters as brawl , unless Goomba gets added ;)

Amount of characters isn't what they should focus on , instead , look at everyone's move sets and ability's.
Exactly moveset is very important to smash and i would like 2 see a unique moveset on smash ds with arounds 40-45 charcters

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Why is this old topic back up?
I linked to it in the Smash 4 topic. I used this topic as evidence to support that Sakurai might be planning on having 50 characters (which includes transformations) as Smash 4's roster number. Hopefully, this topic will help to temper people's expectations in regards to the roster number for Smash 4.
It's his fault.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
In the next Smash Bros, Sakurai will add sneezing. Happens randomly when you attack and you take 5%.
EarthBound much? :O

§leepy God

Smash Master
Keep Sakurai away from it at all costs. He must not touch the idea!
Why? Are you so scared him? It's not like he's going to make the same mistake like he did with the SSE the trophies and the online play. And Sakurai did make Super Smash Bros Melee and Brawl a big hit, so I'll say make him in charge again.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
K, Nintendo cares about money. Did Brawl make money? Yes. Do they care whether you want Sakurai or not? No. Sakurai removed wavedashing because of the growing gap between new players and pros, so your namecalling of those who couldn't wavedash, guess what? Your fault. Smash wasn't made for your freaking rules, and whether I play competitively or not I can still enjoy the game for what it was meant to be, so stop freaking complaining about what won't change. I want Sakurai to head up all Smash Bros. I want a Smash Bros. DS I want tripping (not random, though), and neither me nor Nintendo cares what you have to say on the matter, which will bring bland stages (generally) and a game that the masses and beginners can't enjoy.

EDIT: Sakurai made your great Melee. When you stop complaingin and namecalling, maybe the next game will have decent physics.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
as long as he doesn't mess with the gameplay in a really bad way, then I'm fine.

Caedes

Smash Cadet
Smash would not be Smash without Sakurai.

Someone needs to smack him if he considers bringing back tripping in SSB4, though. I'm serious, Nintendo needs to hire someone that is paid to stand there and smack Sakurai when he comes up with ideas like that.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Dashing? Easy. = Double Tap a direction.

Touch Screen would probably taunt, C-stick, or recovery. Think, Lucario extremespeed, you curve it with the touch screen. But if you have that levelof control,I'd imagine no ledge sweetspots. If you only had the D-pad, THEN sweetspots would be necessary. BTW I keep seeing that Sakurai knew the characters since 2005. Didn't Lucario appear first in 2007?

BTW, tripping should stay,IMO, just not random. As for the stale move decay,it's more realistic.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
"Use a particular move too many times and the damage it deals will begin to decrease!

And so it should. Let’s face it, it takes more skill to use a character’s full move set than to rely on the same attack over and over."

-Masahiro Sakurai

And being able to trip people is useful. Besides, instead of rolling up, why not use your trip attack? Many people don't even know how useful their character's trip attack is. And they die.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
That is, though, a homebrew game.

Besides, tripping as part of a move: yes
Tripping randomly: no

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
I think that Sakurai should be in charge, but with the same amount of control he had in Melee. In Brawl he was given COMPLETE control. I doubt if someone else had made it there would be tripping, crap online or even Snake.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
And because the rest of the world was happy with it, nobody's really gonna listen or care. No offense. If Nintendo saw that by giving him complete control, they had their fastest selling game, who's gonna convince him to relieve his power? Sakurai did a good job with Brawl, IMO. People wanted Snake? They got him. People wanted online? He tried, it works best in close range. I'm in MD and can Brawl someone from FL with a pretty good connection. Tripping? You're just echoing all the others on this board. Tripping isn't that much of a problem, as it rarely happens. Besides, you have good OoT options. Rolling when your opponent thinks they have an opportunity, Trip attacks, etc.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Exactly...How are you meant to C-Stick (not that I use it anyways) Tilts? Short Hop?

It'll take a lot of work and probably be nothing like the GC or Wii style IMO. Completly diffrent but i'd still play it.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
can i have a copy of the game that you're playing?
It happens like one to to two times a match, lol. Besides, tripping gives me a quick free roll or a free attack on someone trying to punish, when it does happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom