• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Samus Cancel??

Age135

Smash Rookie
It might not be new since I know there was 1 in brawl, but I'll leave it here just in case. I used the gamecube controller for this (just so you know)

So I was attempting to recreate the jab cancel from brawl in smash 4. And I got it to work (inconsistently), but always assumed I couldn't do it perfectly due to my slow reaction timing. I would essentially jab then buffer a kneel on end lag then let go of the joystick and jab again then rinse and repeat, and in doing so I was just playing around in the lab and realized that if you kneel then slide the joystick to the diagonal direction opposite to the way your facing and hold it there then rythmically press A you can constantly keep using jab 1. Its faster then a standing Jab 1 to Jab 1 and more consistant then my original method, but the original might be faster if you can pull it off consistently.

With that said. Idk why, but sometimes (seemingly random) it will turn you around and preform a downward angled ftilt. I assume it's based on the frame in the kneel in which you press A, but tbh I really have no clue becuase I'm terrible at reading frame data or anything in that vein.

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
Hold down the Analogstick while you flick the C-stick diagonally or backwards (tilt stick). It's more consistent and it doesn't turn you around. The method you described was the default brawl method.

Top Bottom