• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW samus recovery

co_and_me

Smash Lord
lol wow I think I have seen that vid but it wouldnt work for me this time around. Anyway What havent you gone under with your grapple yet.

marthmaster04

Smash Ace
Lol nice, that was actually a WTF moment right there. :p I'm gonna try that one time or another. It'd be a miracle to pull off in combat without screwing yourself.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
so why did CF suicide i mean yoshi was still there. Was it to make yoshi feel good about him self.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Co_and_me, you haven't ever feel to kill yourself after you were sure to win a match? it's totally normal according to me and mostly everyone who is playing this game :p

this were a great mindgame, mankosuki !

Joker

Smash Ace
:embarrass
Lol ya just like a couple guys said up above this isnt new :embarrass
Man i suck, but the same thing can be done on The Temple aswell, in the "pit" or what ever ppl wanna call it, the part where the ground goes from stone to dirt, you can grapple the ceiling theres like a tiny little "not there" point that i've had Link grapple onto sometimes, it was one of those " Can only be done when your not trying to" times :laugh:

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
wow, i wished i played samus. den i'd know wen 2 dis would be more helpful

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Gamut, using this glitch you're able to latch onto the bottom of a wall even though you're under the middle of the stage and therefore should have nothing to grab onto. It's very inconsistant though and doesn't latch on often. Therefore it's risky since you die if it doesn't work. Only good as a last chance effort for if you get trapped under a stage with a flat ceiling on the underside.

To perform, simply to a grapple jump aka rising grapple against the bottom of the stage and hope it'll connect.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
lol, thanks for calling it "Kame Catch".

I wasn't really coin'ing the term or anything, but I labeled it that since when I first did the trick it was on the underside of the turtle in Termina: Great Bay. Since "Kame" is turtule in Japanese, I thought it was an appropriate/catchy title. :)

Also, since people are looking for a video, I'll repost mine:
- Kame Catch
- Under Dream Land

Bakemonky

Smash Apprentice
Mankosuki said:
lol, thanks for calling it "Kame Catch".

I wasn't really coin'ing the term or anything, but I labeled it that since when I first did the trick it was on the underside of the turtle in Termina: Great Bay. Since "Kame" is turtule in Japanese, I thought it was an appropriate/catchy title. :)

Also, since people are looking for a video, I'll repost mine:
- Kame Catch
- Under Dream Land

I'm clicking your links, but I cant see any video...

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
looks like the links didn't die... not sure what to tell you man.

Are you able to download them by right-clicking?

ScaryMunky

Smash Journeyman
I've managed to do this twice. I got it once on tape so I could show it to people and feel special. :D

As far as usefulness, as other people said, this is a last desperate effort to stay alive thing.. although I'll probly try to do it today to show off - got some friends coming over to play.

The0n3

Smash Rookie
noo! the link expired! :( can someone please explain in detail what happened in the vid? if not, make a comic ^_^ *refreshes page constantly awaiting a response*

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
noo! the link expired! :( can someone please explain in detail what happened in the vid? if not, make a comic ^_^ *refreshes page constantly awaiting a response*
Look at the posts made in this thread, people drew some pictures to show what's happening.

Samus can grab corners of stages from the reverse direction, if spaced perfectly. If I'm trying to do it, I get it about 1/10 tries. It's not terribly useful because it's so unreliable, and you never get under the level facing towards the edge you're trying to recover to in any real match.

There was this video on dreamland, and I know I've seen another one on Green Greens, but lacking those, you can see the reverse-grapple technique being referenced here shown at the beginning of phanna phun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UdlCn5PK7k

Corigames

Smash Hero
Sooooo... I got an error 404.

Can someone explain what the hell is going on instead of just saying, "Cool, that's so cool that it is super cool and so cool that one may call it cool in a situation where 'cool' could be used to describe such cool coolness like that cool move you did that's very cool."

Please

Edit: NVM, I just found out that it is the same thing that Phanna does in his video that I've seen a billion times+ except that it is on Dreamland.

What are the true uses for that? Seriously, you could, go around the stage and come up the other side to find any thing ranging from a shine to a Marth down air. The application and successful implementation is critically limited with a janky outcome to top it off!

If you find a good use for it, and someone how get it to work consistently in battle-esk situations, kudos. But I'll be trying more practical things ATM.

3Years

Smash Lord
Sooooo... I got an error 404.

Can someone explain what the hell is going on instead of just saying, "Cool, that's so cool that it is super cool and so cool that one may call it cool in a situation where 'cool' could be used to describe such cool coolness like that cool move you did that's very cool."
that was cool lol

Top Bottom