• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash 64 Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

craiigg

Smash Lord
Considering this forum has the smallest section for 64 as well as Meow being the laziest Mod ever LOL

I thought I'd make a new forum, this community needs a bigger forum to unite the community with admins and mods that will actually DO something :)

Current sections:

News - Updates/General news
General Discussion - Any talk about Smash, techniques etc
Character Disc. - Each char has their own section
Kaillera - Talk about servers, p2p, lag, emulator/kaillera problems
1p Modes - Will include world records of BtT and BtP etc. Also guides and strategies
Tournaments - Advertise tournys, post results etc
Videos - Tournament vids, combo videos, funny vids, match vids
TAS and Hacks - Discuss TAS, texture editing, rom editing etc

Also I will need a mod for each section, I already have a couple in mind but If you want to apply tell me here with why you would be good

I plan to grow this forum, it may include a p2p match finding system like SWFs friend finder

Any thoughts ?

If not SIGN UP =D

AlexBarry

Smash Journeyman
Considering this forum has the smallest section for 64 as well as Meow being the laziest Mod ever LOL

I thought I'd make a new forum, this community needs a bigger forum to unite the community with admins and mods that will actually DO something :)

Current sections:

News - Updates/General news
General Discussion - Any talk about Smash, techniques etc
Character Disc. - Each char has their own section
Kaillera - Talk about servers, p2p, lag, emulator/kaillera problems
1p Modes - Will include world records of BtT and BtP etc. Also guides and strategies
Tournaments - Advertise tournys, post results etc
Videos - Tournament vids, combo videos, funny vids, match vids
TAS and Hacks - Discuss TAS, texture editing, rom editing etc

Also I will need a mod for each section, I already have a couple in mind but If you want to apply tell me here with why you would be good

http://www.smash64forum.co.cc

I plan to grow this forum, it may include a p2p match finding system like SWFs friend finder

Any thoughts ?

If not SIGN UP =D

i thought you left

craiigg

Smash Lord
Wow that actually looks nicer. K edit. you'll have to resign up matt when i release the new link

Teh Future

Smash Master
It looks stupid considering there's not that many people that use smash64 forums....

seperate it and you're going to have an average of one post per month on each forum.

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
EVERYONE who plays on Kaillera needs to sign up to this new forum.

There are so many players, good and bad, who never even post here, and it's a **** shame because this place could be a lot more busy.

BTW, the logo at top of the forum. It's terrible. A good one needs to be made.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
ROFL. **** yo crappy free forum boards

if you guys want i can make a website and make a forums and a super cool logo..

i do main graphic/website design after all =D

& other various stuffz

MATTS!

Smash Ace
Thats a dumb idea. I guarantee you, you will not even get a 10th of the people that are active on this ssb64 section. I know plenty of people that joined big sites and tried to start their own site based off of the site they joined, and failed horribly. Unless your new spectacular site can be better than smashboards, then maybe people would join your site.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
ROFL. **** yo crappy free forum boards

if you guys want i can make a website and make a forums and a super cool logo..

i do main graphic/website design after all =D

& other various stuffz
lol why cant you let someone else do something?

all you fools dont understand the whole point of this new forum ...the point is not to have mass amounts of people....at least i dont think....its so we can actually have GOOD discussions without the *******es from SWF posting thier half *** input...ffs look past whats obvious and see something for a change =.=

craiigg

Smash Lord
Exactly what Surri said, i dont WANT to be better than SWF
I just want a place where this scene is actually active. All this section does is spring up random threads about nothing, which 99% of the time turn into a flame war.

Im not forcing anyone to join, and i never said I wanted to be better than anyone.
The design doesnt matter, the fact is if you want GOOD discussion where threads are all sorted and moderated well then join.
If you're gonna be a bitch and moan cause it doesnt look good or we don't need it then don't join simple.

Join or dont, all im trying to do is progress this community, make an effort and it wont be inactive.

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
If you're gonna be a bitch and moan cause it doesnt look good or we don't need it then don't join simple.
If the site looks like crap, unfortunately less people will be interested in it. If it looks less like a professional effort, a lot of things will be assumed about the content from the get-go.

Don't just blow off the advice, improve the site because we all want to see those forums as busy as possible, so fix'em up right :p

NixxxoN

Smash Master
too many subforums craiigg.

Its better to have it more packed together. Imagine this smashboards 64 forum with lots of subforums... It would feel like... fecking empty?

craiigg

Smash Lord
what makes it look crap exactly?

and i'd rather it was subforumed than one big jumbled mess like this. Maybe not that many topics are going to appear in each sub but at least it's organised

If it grows, it could come in handy, if it isnt popular then I dont think it will make a difference

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I dont mean all-in-one like here.

I think at least you should remove the unnecessary sub-forums (all of them)

Teh Future

Smash Master
TC is stupid all you're gonna do is separate the small community that 64 has left, most people that go here only stop by while looking at the other boards, they aren't going to bother with a completely different site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom