• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

yani

Smash Lord
1) It's probably about equal to the GameCube depending on what you mean by POWERFUL, but I think what matters most for what you're concerned with is the space on the 3DS's cartridge, which has the capacity to reach 8 GB (so far most games only use 2 GB, save for MGS3D which uses 4 GB). THAT IS, the size of a dual layer Wii disc.
Resident Evil too I believe :cool:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Bringing up Chrono's AR Card/Trophy idea here:

With Kid Icarus Uprising, Sakurai was utilizing AR cards for it.

Iwata recently spoke of the Wii U having controller interface compatability with cards and figurines. Perhaps Smash 4 could have a collection of cards or figurines (modeled like trophies) for people to collect and somehow interact with the game. Imagine collecting cards and figurines of your favorite Nintendo characters, even characters that are not playable. Nintendo could make a ton of money off of this if its implemented in the right way.
Sounds indeed potential-full!

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I can see AR cards used to get exclusive trophies(think Mario on Yoshi/Helmetless Samus event). or in Extreme case, to get exclusive Assist Trophies or Pokemon. or in a FEAKING NUTS case, to get a hidden character.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yo guys, best idea I ever had for Smash Bros. 3DS; what if Sakurai remade all the character's games from the playable characters and made an entire SSE-inspired sequel in which you play the actual games (listed as litterally Super Mario Bros., Donkey Kong Country, Legend Of Zelda, Metroid, StarFox, Mother, Pokémon, ect.) but with a total Smash feel to it? Fighting other characters in between in "cutscene battles" on actual Smash Bros. Stages? Also with actual real inspired boss battles in between? And eventually when completed play the gsme with a second player with a second character from that franchise?? Add in "RPG" elements according to the games, as in Metroid Missiles or Beam powerup... Or just in general powering up your A and B moves in an RPG style, battling enemies from the series repeatedly. And with a sprt of "Battle Tower" like idea to train your character... Leveling them up litterally perhaps as you fight?

Just basically a Sakurai & Smash team made total remake game. With some RPG elements, which in some series could be dofferently represented than in others, but with an equal system every where. Characters could be unlocked as the story progresses in game, and each game could be worth playing in story mode for about 10 to 15 hours easily. And make them all worth replaying in a way of adding characters to the game system cleverly. Say you unlock zjigglypuff in Pokémon, but she still has no B moves and is like level 5. In gsme very weak, but unlocked as a character anyways, so you'll basically are given the choice to play as Jigglypuff a lot or not. Lots of characters could and should be added this way. Picture playing Metroid... You play as Samus of coarse, and mission would simply be : invade Metroid base, and hunt for Ridley. Some story involved evening could have you play as Zero Suit Samus as well. Anthony Higgs would also appear sometimes as an NPC, als fihtingmome enemies in early level, then goes missing and becomes a playable character himself to at a later point. When Ridley is defeated though in the story, he's not killed of but rather left wounded and becomes playable only when completing the game Metroid perfectly for a different ending??

And with Donkey Kong Country for example, a sort of mash up game in between the original DKC games and DKCR. Played with Donkey Kong solo at first, untill Diddy returns in the first level which would allow tagging in between Donkey and Diddy Kong. And when later Dixie get unlocked for story purposes (got left behind by Diddy for the adventure, chases him but get trapped by a boss) you can also tag to play with her. There's then two main teams though: DK and Diddy as a DKCR like duo : featuring Diddy's B as a special, and his Up B to, as in DKCR. No Spinning Kong or Gaint Punch. Spinning Kong would then literally be teached or inspired to DK by how Dixie does her hair spin, and Gaint Punch is learned fully in the battle against King K.Rool as a way to damage his weak point. Up untill then, it's just a regular punch. The Diddy and Dixie tag team woukd feature different specials for the side B and neutral B (yet very similar in working to both characters special moves separately) but would borroe the other specials from each other. Perhaps Up for Dixie and Down B for Diddy (which'd be the Peanut Popgun duo shot, with tripping effect). In the game storynyou'd find parts where you play levels where you either play as one Zking, or a tag team of either DK and Diddy, or Diddy and Dixie. And parts with DK alone (and some with Diddy and a few with zdixie to). King K.Rool would be a playable character in a sexret unlockable event where he takes it up to the Tikis with his own side story. When completing Donkey Kong Country Smash, you can even tag team DK and Diddy or Diddy and Dixie in battle in the VS Mode.

In Pokémon, you play as Pokémon Trainer himself. But it's more a half scenamatic sort of game. You play as the Pokémon Trainer, but he doesn't fight really andmyou can only walkmwith him from point to point, when engaded in a sort of event of a battle he goes to the backside and let his Pokémon fight for him. You start with your Squirtle, Bulbasaur or Charmander, and will first of coarse start with the famous rival trainer battle. You pick Squirtle, fight Bulbasaur, you pick Charmander you fight Squirtle. This is your starter, and you'll fight an evil corporation of sorts... What was the story like in Pokémon Black and White? Well, I don't but picture that with a sort of mix between the story of that and Pkémon Colloseum and XD. You fight wild Pokémon and Trainers and just certain Pokémon are unlockable, and the Trainer catches them in a cutscene. All starters are fully playable, and mostly are all powered up versions of each other, but clones formthe most part still. Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur, Squirtle, Wartortle, Blastoise, Charmander, Charmeleon and Charizard are thus all playable. Lol. Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Mewtwo and... Just anything would all be unlocked by curscenes and in battle. There are also Boss Battles on stages against Gym Leaders and Pokémon boss fights of coarse. Some Pokéball item Pokémon could also be found, fought and even catched... And usable in a way beyond what we've seen this far. Directly would they attack the target and come up with a set HP bar and battle automatically. Could be used in boss battles as a mean of 2 vs one (picture: Playable Wartortle and or Pikachu with a CPU NPC character aide of say.. Latios or Articuno vs a gaint Rhyperior or Groudon or Dialga). Just a lot of potential there.

But just in general, each game series as their own game wouldmplay as if it actually was a game in the series, but with full playable Smash characters. Who'd also be playable in VS mode. On the stages found in Adventure Mode cutscenes! Even possibilities of cross overs! I'd totally play that. And each game should or would last about 5 to 10 hours story and gameplay wise. Or offer something else, as F-Zero would for example be a full fledged racing game. With cutscene battles. Just like StarFox woudl. Wheras Pokémon and Mother are most RPG like, and Mario and zdonkey Kong would be Smashified plstformers. Legend of Zelda and Metroid would be adventuring and exploring games. With dungeons and maps and stuff.

I'd play this untill my fingers would fall off or stop functioning otherwise.

:phone:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
That's sounds like a really good idea in theory but it'd hard to pull off effectively because of the time it'd take to design all those radically different worlds and some series, mother comes to mind, seems like it wouldn't translate well. Itd be a mother themed smash match rather than a mother game with smash influences. It'd also be VERY space consuming and multiplayer aspects might suffer as a result. But if this somehow did happen I would be able to die a happy and fulfilled person.

:phone:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think the story/adventure mode should either have no stories, a bunch of interconnected (simple stories), or a bunch of different stories (ie: exclusive to each universe). If there is a "Smash Universe" it needs to be small and not be the entire game. If anything, the smash universe should be only basic areas. Final Destination, Battlefield, that Arena, the Basic Subspace Area, a Metal Mario Bros. (Wario too=???) stage, Tabuu's layer, etc.

Basically, keep the story simple stupid, and keep it Nintendo! Nobody gives a crap about a bunch of random characters throw into a poorly designed world... which is why we all were so disappointed by the Subspace Emissary. There were flashes of this series' environment or locations here, and flashes of it there (ie: the Zoo from Mother 1, Skyworld with Pit, a Forrest with Link, the jungle with Donkey Kong, a lab with Metroid the Haleberd), but nearly all of it-if not all of it-was super generic, boring, and stale.

Dang it, I wanna fight with Lucas and Solid Snake in Hyrule Field, go to Threed and fight zombies, and fight an Elite Space Pirate boss on Talon IV!

C'mon Sakurai-make it happen! :cool:

payasofobia

Smash Champion
They could go the Commedia Dell Arte route and make the Adventure mode alter the characters so they fit the selected character's canon more.

Say: Mario's Adventure Mode starts with the Princess Kidnapped, as usual, and he must go rescue her. You go on standard platforming sections most of the time, going through a Mario Bros-esque overworld, but each level is based on a different series, and the characters change their behavious to fit a Mario Adventure more, like Kirby helping Mario fly, or Fox taking Mario to Bowser's Airship.

Then we can have Samus Adventure mode, which plays like the Grand maze. She starts with very few abilities. It's up to you to explore the different sectors, amongst them Bowser's Castle, the Shadow Temple, even a crashed Great Fox, to look for items from other series. Other characters appear as Etecoons and teach Samus special abilities. Like Mario teaching Samus the Goomba Stomp, Pit how to control her missiles and the like.

Or Fox's stage, which plays more like a shooter than anything, focusing on lots of ranged enemies and you useing your pistol or even airwing and you get to choose 3 other characters as your "Wingmen", appearing at times and helping you fight enemies.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think possibly if it's a story adventure mode it should start "as usual" like you were in those games... and then BAM! When you try to rescue the Princess from Bowser as Mario, Mewtwo blows you away! :laugh:

Right when Samus is about to complete her objective, BAM! The Haleberd crashes into her ship! :cool:

Stuff like that. It doesn't have to be complex, it just needs to make sense. Look at Star Wars. It is simple as a child's mind, but as enjoyable as beating the crap out of Tingle! :cool:

n88

Smash Lord
Focusing too much on single-player is the origin of everything that went wrong with Brawl. I think I'd be fine if there was no Adventure mode at all. You want some kind of single-player Nintendo crossover RPG game, fine. Make that its own project. Smash should focus on the multi-player.

army man

Smash Ace
Focusing too much on single-player is the origin of everything that went wrong with Brawl. I think I'd be fine if there was no Adventure mode at all. You want some kind of single-player Nintendo crossover RPG game, fine. Make that its own project. Smash should focus on the multi-player.
no kidding, and it might just be me, but single player on brawl was a bit cheesy and alot a bit repetitive. on 3ds, i actually think they might need to think of an idea to balance it out to make both experiences more fulfilling than what brawl did

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well it might be more of the focus on the 3DS, while the Wii U Smash is almost all multiplayer. It is also possibly both could have parts of the story. We will have a bigger staff, an added company (along with the 3 Brawl developers) and maybe HAL developing these two games. These companies also now have experience making fighting games (unlike before).

Hopefully if they make a story, they keep it simple (like smash's gameplay mechanics) but make it have depth that keeps us coming for more. Keep it simple, Sakurai's staff! :cool:

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Well it might be more of the focus on the 3DS, while the Wii U Smash is almost all multiplayer. It is also possibly both could have parts of the story. We will have a bigger staff, an added company (along with the 3 Brawl developers) and maybe HAL developing these two games. These companies also now have experience making fighting games (unlike before).

Hopefully if they make a story, they keep it simple (like smash's gameplay mechanics) but make it have depth that keeps us coming for more. Keep it simple, Sakurai's staff! :cool:
I'll probably be fine with whatever the result is for 1p modes.

I just cant wait to see the mechanics and how the game plays.

Oh, and the online system of course.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I think possibly if it's a story adventure mode it should start "as usual" like you were in those games... and then BAM! When you try to rescue the Princess from Bowser as Mario, Mewtwo blows you away! :laugh:

Right when Samus is about to complete her objective, BAM! The Haleberd crashes into her ship! :cool:

Stuff like that. It doesn't have to be complex, it just needs to make sense. Look at Star Wars. It is simple as a child's mind, but as enjoyable as beating the crap out of Tingle! :cool:
About to rescue your hoard of bananas from K. Rool, and then BAM! Olimar's rocket wrecks the ship.

About to stop Dedede's plot, and then BAM! Ganondorf and Link come crashing through the wall.

About to win the Pokemon League, and then BAM! Marx appears and KO's every Pokemon.

:awesome:

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Sakurai said that the 3DS will be there for a more self-contained and individual adventure. The focus of the 3DS version will be the single-player.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Roster

I have a Smash Bros 4 Social Group, and I know a lot about the series, so here's my roster:

Mario
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool

Legend of Zelda
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Ghirahim
Four Swords Link

Star Fox
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal

Metroid
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Pokemon
Pikachu
Zoroark
Pokemon Trainer(Unova)
Pichu
Jigglypuff

Kirby
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Bandana Dee

Fire Emblem
Marth
Ike
Lyn
Black Knight

Earthbound/Mother
Ness
Masked Man (more of a physical attacker)

Punch-Out
Little Mac
King Hippo

Golden Sun
Isaac

Sin and Punishment
Saki

Kid Icarus
Pit
Medusa

Other Series
Wario
Yoshi
Olimar
Mr. Game and Watch
Starfy
Tom Nook
Captain Rainbow

Smash Bros.
Primid
Master Hand

Third Party
Snake
Sonic
Rayman
Megaman

Well, there it is, let me know what you think...

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Okay, here's mah opinion on yo roster (it's gonna be biased 'cause this is MY opinion, aight?):

Pros: Added Lyn
Kept Sonic and Snake and added Mega Man
Added Pichu
Added BOTH Dixie Kong and King K. Rool
Added Medusa
Added Isaac
Added BOTH Little Mac and King Hippo
Added Saki

Cons: WHERE THE HELL IS MEWTWO?!
Zoroark and no Lucario
You replaced the 1st gen Pokemon Trainer with the newest gen Pokemon, DO NOT WANT
You cut Lucas (even though he's the only character in Brawl that I don't really like at all)
No Roy
No R.O.B.
No Ice Climbers
A 4th Kirby rep isn't really needed at all
Toad over Bowser Jr.
We don't really need an original Smash Bros character, especially not Primid
Added in Rayman

Neutral: Added in Krystal
Added in Captain Rainbow
Added in Tom Nook
Added in Masked Man
Added in Ghirahim
Added in Black Night
Made Master Hand playable
Added Starfy

So, all in all, I give it about a 6/10. My main concerns about it are pretty much the cuts that you made and no Mewtwo (bias coming in right here), otherwise it's a decent roster

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Well, I forgot Captain Falcon, Lucas, Black Shadow, and Samurai Goroh. Also, Mewtwo and Roy have a 5% chance, at best, to return. R.O.B and Ice Climbers are probably gonna stay in, I just don't particularly like them. Toad would most likely be a combination of Peach and Mario, the Primid... sorry, that was a mistake. I typed it, even though that was supposed to be on a different forum on a different site. Also, Rayman Origins is HUGE in pop-culture right now, and with the 3DS release coming soon, he has as much of a chance as Megaman or Ryu. Bandana Dee is likely to be in, mostly because I think that Return to Dreamland will be re-made for the 3DS. While there's no evidence of that, it's also very popular. And the 1st gen Trainer would not be nescessary, since I included 2 1st gen Pokemon. So that's my evidence. Suck it.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
1. Mewtwo and Roy? 5% chance at best? Not really, they are pretty likely to return to Smash, dude
2. Mortal Kombat 9 is a pretty popular game right now, too, does that mean Scorpion is gonna get in? Not saying that Rayman CAN'T GET IN, he's just not as likely as say Mega Man
3. Don't see how Return to Dreamland getting a remake correlates to Bandana Dee becoming playable. Just because he was in a recent Kirby game? Nah son
4. So... you just gonna cut 1st gen PT on the basis of... you already including 2 other 1st gen Pokemon (when one of which didn't get in because it was a 1st gen Pokemon, it was the mascot of Pokemon)? I think you need better reasoning than that, my man

Just constructive criticism, is all. Don't take it to heart :)

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Four Swords Link

Yeah, I know. But Scorpion? Damn Captain Pryce has a better chance! Anyway, Four Swords Link, I just wanna explain.
His moveset is very different from Reg. Link.
Like, his new default special is placing a bomb. His side special is Pegasus Boots, up special Roc's Cape, down special, changes color to increase Specials.
Green: Improves Bombs
Blue: Increases Minimize
Pink: Increases Pegasus Boots
Red: Increases Roc's Cape
Final Smash, summons Vaati...

Weavel

Smash Ace
Doesn't the 3DS version come out alot sooner then the wii u counterpart?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
The story probably won't be too much better than the SSE's story, just something fun and simple that'll hold our attention for a little while

Weavel

Smash Ace
The story probably won't be too much better than the SSE's story, just something fun and simple that'll hold our attention for a little while
I would like a story where u can see how each character reacts to certain things.

Weavel

Smash Ace
Wait, what do you mean by that, Weavel?
Lets say the story where everyone gets frozen or something but 1 character of your choosing. He then goes and releases everyone and they all react differently to him and even say different things. Even see how they react to different words ect.

Chance to see how the characters would truly react to one anougher in the situation they are just grasping.

Weavel

Smash Ace
So basically you want all the cutscenes and character interactions to be different based on the character that you chose
yep, Not like big cinematics but just cutscenes so they don't overblow it with how big or small the roaster might be.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
or maybe just have some cutscenes exclusive to each character and the rest connect to each other for the main plot...or maybe that's too basic but it's an idea.

Weavel

Smash Ace
or maybe just have some cutscenes exclusive to each character and the rest connect to each other for the main plot...or maybe that's too basic but it's an idea.
You think character endings would overblow it?

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
I'd settle for pre-fight banter.

Isaac: ...
Pikachu: Pi-ka-chu!

Wait...

Still, it would be interesting for the people that CAN talk. Half the fun of crossovers is watching characters interact.

Weavel

Smash Ace
I'd settle for pre-fight banter.

Isaac: ...
Pikachu: Pi-ka-chu!

Wait...

Still, it would be interesting for the people that CAN talk. Half the fun of crossovers is watching characters interact.
Why I'm trying to figure a setting where you can see each characters reaction. I think something akin to soul cailbur 3's story mode would be ideal. Were we make all these choices and it leads us to different paths. And its mostly just text with a few pics.
But alot of text/story to keep us interested.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I'm thinking more on the lines of, like, after Mario saves Bowser, he has some grudging respect for the plumber. Or, if Bowser rescued Peach, she would be captured by him. Or maybe, like in Tekken, a mid-fight thing, like on a certain round in Adventure mode, a short clip that explains that other chracters involvement in the other chracter's story. Like, Wario stops Mario, just so he can get a fake cash prize at the end, or Mario gets in Wario's way so he can save the princess. It sounds complicated, but it's really subtle.;)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That story mode you describe Weavel is too complex, unless you want it to be all single-player.

Personally, I want it to be ALL HYPE for the multiplayer options!

Also, GOOOOOO MEGAMEGAMEGAMAAANNNNN!!!!!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Wow, long time no see! Someone I actually LIKE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom