• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Snake AT: Silent Mine

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
1. Plant a mine.
2. Wait for a very specific amount of time
3. Replant the mine
4. You should see an explosion, but no sound. Snake doesn't get hurt. Enemies will not get hurt either.

Video up later today. Like, 2 hours from now, max. Also, I got to name it because I discovered it.

Update: Link to video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N4RnbuGNNo

StoleUrCar

Smash Journeyman
If it is as I visualize this, I may have done this before on fluke...but hey I dismissed it as random ...

If it isn't what I thought it was...well...*waits for vid to see if this is really what "advanced techniques" in brawl have come to*....pff :laugh:

strike42

Smash Journeyman
ive know about this but i dont thinks its verry good. u have to time it right or else u will do it too soon or u will do it too late and get blown up. when this fist happened to me i thought that the mines hitbox was still there but i tested it some more and its not there.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
I guess this goes under "cool tricks you can show people but not use in matches", like the turtle shell infinite jump or DDD swallowing a trip mine.

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
coooool.

Can you chain them?
It's possible to do this twice a row. You just need the right timing. If you look at the video, you'll see that there's no actual hitbox.

I guess this goes under "cool tricks you can show people but not use in matches", like the turtle shell infinite jump or DDD swallowing a trip mine.
Actually, you could very well use this to confuse an opponent.

davizinho

Smash Apprentice
Why are people so obsessed with naming things once discovered? What is the world coming to?

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Odd...this puts you in a reasonably vulnerable position at the cost of what? A faked mine explosion with no hitbox to cover your *** and an obvious mine-planting animation that you can simply be hit/grabbed out of? I see little benefit...not even in a mix-up respect....the mine is still there in the end along with the click sound and animation. Perhaps against an inexperienced player it can...um...accomplish...who knows... noobs run into mines on their own anyway regardless of lack of an attempt to conceal lol >.>

Shadow_of_Link

Smash Apprentice
Lol, the only use for this would be in friendlies...and even then, you probably wouldn't even be able to pull it off cause it takes too long >.> And it's not exactly flashy either.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
At least its something, even is near useless

It just leaves you too vulnerable

Now if it exploded a mine with no damage or knockback to you but standard mine damage and knockback to your opponent then we'd have something (although it'd still be very risky)

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Ya, totally useless.

In other news, a few weekends ago at McD's drivethru w/DSF, M2K and my 2 friends, DSF was telling us about this kid that was destined to be the next M2K, and I remember reading Natch's post about DSF saying that. So I was like "Natch?" and Alex is like "Yeah that's him! He's just like M2K, we call him the next M2K." lol

Buuman

Smash Ace
I don't see a use for this, takes to long for very little benefit. But good **** for finding that out natch.

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
Ya, totally useless.

In other news, a few weekends ago at McD's drivethru w/DSF, M2K and my 2 friends, DSF was telling us about this kid that was destined to be the next M2K, and I remember reading Natch's post about DSF saying that. So I was like "Natch?" and Alex is like "Yeah that's him! He's just like M2K, we call him the next M2K." lol
****ing sigged.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i like dropping a nade and planting a mine, and if you get the timing right, the grenade blows up but it wont harm the mine. this leads your opponent to think theres nothing there because it already blew up.

Panix

Smash Ace
Hey, guess what?
We already established this isn't that good, but it's flashy and fun to do.
I know, and I mean no insult.
I'll just kill people with a move that sucks so bad that if I get it on replay It will make me a winner right? I dunno whats better, snakes box or the "fail your"

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
I know, and I mean no insult.
I'll just kill people with a move that sucks so bad that if I get it on replay It will make me a winner right? I dunno whats better, snakes box or the "fail your"
What the hell is a "fail your". It's spelled "failure," if that's what you were going for.

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
*offtopic
OMG natch I played you on GB. You have one crazy snake. Awesome grab game
People's Snakes that are insane are good?

Wouldn't they be blowing themselves up and shivering like an emo?
:chuckle:

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
He's snake. Nothing can break him.
Snake is unbreakable, not even getting an eye shot out, torture, tons of bones broken, getting electrocuted by a crazy russian, and watching his girlfriend get impaled on a tree trunk even made his eyes water and thats only from one game

Snake is a real man

IxxI

Smash Fence
Snake is unbreakable, not even getting an eye shot out, torture, tons of bones broken, getting electrocuted by a crazy russian, and watching his girlfriend get impaled on a tree trunk even made his eyes water and thats only from one game

Snake is a real man
He's unbreakable, not a real man. He's not a real man because he doesn't fight for his friends.

DUB

Smash Lord
I love everytime a AT is presented there is always someone who says " ive known this for a while but.."

Top Bottom