• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Snake Technique: Wall of Flame

Trillion

Smash Ace
This may have already been discovered/thought of/whatever, but I have heard no explanation of it in any thread or even in the Snake Guides that have been stickied. Many characters have a Wall of Pain, now Snake has a Wall of Flame. It is a type of explosion linking. This is done by planting a C4 Explosive on the side of a stage and then planting a proximity mine on top of the stage close enough together that detonating the C4 triggers the proximity mine at the same time. It creates a huge explosion around the ledge making it very difficult for opponents to recover. I don't have replay, but I posted a video with a few snap shots to show what I am talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kR3v6rfREg

It may be possible to create a larger explosion by perfecting how far apart the explosives can be set while still having the C4 trigger the proximity mine. If there are any questions I'll do my best to answer them, but I reccomend just trying it out first. I hope this proves useful to all of you snake mains! Happy Smashing!

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Poor edge guard imo, he could just grab the edge and jump with invincibility frames to avoid the explosion. Grenades actually seem more practical in my mind, they are time-delayed and if your opponent gets up from the ledge with an attack he'll get blasted.

A C4 is fine too, just requires more timing on your end.

Trillion

Smash Ace
The point is to activate it before you opponent grabs the ledge. Not after. The explosion radius is large enough that it can catch them before they can grab the ledge to get those invincibility frames

Trillion

Smash Ace
also, this may have already been mentioned before, but if you attach the c4 to the wall on final destination it will angle downward, im wondering if hitting someone with it could result in a spike. if anyone wants to try that id be interested in knowing the result

Deadlypudding

Smash Cadet
Actually it doesn't work that well on FD because of that reason. It will really only affect an opponent that is recovering from below, and the claymore would be blown up needlessly.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
C4 is not useless in 1v1...

I'm not quite sure this would work due to the fact that people can just grab the ledge with their invincibility and immediately roll before you detonate the C4.

SSMugen

Smash Rookie
^ Agreed

Yeah this does seem like you'll have to be in some very specific situations and certain stages for this to even work but I'll probably try implementing it into my game anyways.

Twin Dreams

Smash Ace
By the way....

My usual placement on Battlefield is to drop the C4 on the inside ledge of a platform while I camp from the just beneath the outside edge. If you put a mine below the C4, you can use the C4 to blow it up.

cynar

Smash Apprentice
This is very old and been doing this since february, stop trying to make up techniques out of **** that aren't there.

Top Bottom