• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW SSB4 Character Choice Battles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

III
BRoomer

NOTICE: Before you post, "there's already a thread for SSB4 discussion," please here me out. This is not so much a discussion as it is a poll. I would put this in the other thread, but frankly, it would not work well at all, due to its chaotic nature.
I've decided to pit popularly demanded characters against one another as a means of narrowing down who is the most desired. There are quite a number of popular characters, and I have tried my best to include the most popular of the bunch. Please vote on which character in the present battle that you feel would make the best playable character in the next Super Smash Bros. title. Please vote on one, despite whether or not you feel that any of them should be in.

Mewtwo vs. Deoxys vs. Lucario

RESULTS!
Round 1) King K. Rool = 36 votes; Funky Kong = 3 votes; Dixie Kong = 6 votes // Winner = King K. Rool
Round 2) Waluigi = 7 votes; Bowser Jr. = 34 votes; Toad = 4 votes // Winner = Bowser Jr.
Round 3) Samurai Goroh = 4 votes; Black Shadow = 12 votes // Winner = Black Shadow
Round 4) Animal Crosser = 8 votes; Tom Nook = 4 votes; K.K. Slider = 3 votes // Winner = Animal Crosser
Round 5) Krystal = 11 votes; Leon = 11 votes // Winner = To be decided...
Round 6) Paper Mario = 1 vote; Baby Mario Bros. = 9 votes; Kamek = 7 votes // Winner = Baby Mario Bros.
Round 7) Skull Kid = 8 votes; Midna = 2 votes; Toon Zelda/Sheik = 4 votes; Tingle = 4 votes // Winner = Skull Kid
Round 8) Rundas = 5 votes; Ghor = 2 votes; Spire = 3 votes; Sylux = 2 votes // Winner = Rundas
Round 9) Tails = 3 votes; Knuckles = 8 votes; Shadow = 6 votes // Winner = Knuckles
Round 10) Claus = 1 votes; Knuckle Joe = 2 votes; Isaac = 12 votes // Winner = Isaac

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Dixie Kong.

Because in spite of his villain status, K. Rool is a character without a single redeemable characteristic to me. Bowser and Ganondorf are villains I want to play as; K. Rool doesn't look as appealing.

And between Funky and Dixie, I simply prefer Dixie. Also, she just seems like a more natural "third in line" to me (much like Diddy being the natural "second in line").

Ramgigon

Smash Journeyman
This is where I put whether or not I like Brawl
King K. Rool, obviously. A villain, +1 villain count. And, great moveset potential.

Funky Kong is second... Because he's in Mario Kart Wii, helping DK get recognized as more than a big ape.

Dixie Kong can't do enough for a whole character to herself, despite the +1 female count.

SlickSlicer

Smash Apprentice
King K. Rool is first for me, and Dixie is second.

If you made tiers for Donkey Kong games, Dixie would be god tier. In the game where you could only play Dixie and Diddy because DK was captured, Dixie was almost always the better character to pick.

However, I'd rather see another villain too. And King K. Rool is a pretty funny character. In the cartoons he was very lulzy. In the games he shoots cannonballs and has a few other moves that could potentially be pretty funny.

Adapt

Smash Lord
tough decision between Dixie and K. Rool

I always prefered Dixie over Diddy in DKC2 for the SNES. I wouldn't mind seeing a Dixie/Diddy Tag Team (like Zelda and Sheik)
K. Rool is a villain, which is good, we could use some more villains, but beyond that I don't see much going for him

I think she has better moveset potential over K. Rool because in the games all his attacks were projectiles (crown, cannonballs, etc).

Dixie it is

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Not Funky, I am not even sure where he comes from.

Dixie should really tag team with Diddy.

I don't really like King K. Rool, but he seems like the best of the options. Also, I'm sure he'd have some awsome attacks.

Royboy

Smash Apprentice
K. Rool. I think the other two are just other monkeys and they wouldn't be original.

This only if K. rool isn't a stupid clone of bowser or something.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
Diddy should be replaced by a Dixie/Diddy tag team ala ice climbers. Changing the leader of the two will change the moveset slightly. Dixie would end up being a Luigi-fied clone, if she was on her own, and the Ice climbers have been the only duo for one game too many, in my opinion.

K. Rool is his own character. I don't know anything about his, but boosting the villain count is always good.

Funky is an Assist Trophy. To my knowledge, he's not a really important character in his series, but I also think that he has done enough to warrent an Assist Trophy.

AlexKZ

Smash Rookie
I do think all would be a great choice to be in. I'd choose Dixie Kong.
However, who do I think would make the best Smash Bro character? That'd be Funky Kong. Most likely becuase most of the characters in the Mario Kart serires had at least an appearance in brawl. Funky might as well be in the next.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I give up on humanity....

There are some posts in here that illustrate a very low amount of thought being put into these opinions.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
K Rool is my number once choice here because he is a villain and a heavy weight. Dixie Kong may be female but there are many other deserving females out there. Funky Kong? He isn't as important as the other two, besides there could be a "DK Rapper" alt for Donkey Kong (yo yo yo whats up my homy G).

Spire

III
BRoomer
K Rool is my number once choice here because he is a villain and a heavy weight. Dixie Kong may be female but there are many other deserving females out there. Funky Kong? He isn't as important as the other two, besides there could be a "DK Rapper" alt for Donkey Kong (yo yo yo whats up my homy G).
More like, "he's the leader of the bunch, you know him well, he's finally back, to kick some tail!"

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Funky's never been a playable character in the DK series aside from Barrel Blast, right? I'd rather keep him in a kart. I think Dixie deserves it the most. Although if I had it my way, I'd put Dixie and King K. Rool in. But when it comes to priority, Dixie comes first, if only because the Smash series is dying for more females.

sprittles

Smash Apprentice
King K rool

He would have the most unique moveset, since he EASILY has the most options of weopons, His down B can make him turn into captain and barren k rool.

KING K ROOL OMG YEAH

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
King K. Rool.

Why?

Another villain, a unique moveset, and somebody that wouldn't be a clone of Donkey Kong or Diddy Kong. Also, he's a giant crocodile. I don't see whats not to like.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
wat?
no votes for funky?
in DK64, didn't Funky have, like, a hut full of weapons for something? I know he wore army fatigues.
that, to me, gets my vote, he would be so different from the other two (or 4).

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Funky Kong is really a minor character in the DK series. I would hope either Dixie or K. Rool would come before him in the next game.

I would pick King K. Rool.

He is another villain, but differs enough from the others. Wario is greedy, Gannondorf is power hungry, and Bowser is a romantic bully. King K. Rool is a schizophrenic lunatic.

What does this mean in terms of gameplay?

A down special can give him different costumes which change his other specials. Or a few moves can have random qualities. Or perhaps he randomly changes his own costumes during each time he comes back or just in the middle of battle.

Spire

III
BRoomer
He is another villain, but differs enough from the others. Wario is greedy, Gannondorf is power hungry, and Bowser is a romantic bully. King K. Rool is a schizophrenic lunatic.
I haven't laughed like I did at this in a long time. Thanks ;)

biohazard930

Smash Apprentice
Well, it's easy to eliminated Funky. He's cool (NO ONE can deny this :p), but Dixie and K. Rool easily trump him for a character spot. From there, K. Rool. trumps Dixie for reasons spread throughout this thread.

However, I also support Dixie. However, again, I must say that I believe that the Diddy/Dixie team is terrible. I'm beginning to perfect this phrase, I think. Characters whose existences do not rely upon one another should not be teamed or paired.
I love Diddy, and Dixie isn't bad either. Mixing the two very much demeans them in my eyes.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
King K. Rool, without question. No clones ftw (And yes, we DO need another evil king--then we'd have Bowser, Ganon, Dedede, AND King K. Rool).

SlickSlicer

Smash Apprentice
I give up on humanity....

There are some posts in here that illustrate a very low amount of thought being put into these opinions.
Certainly you're entitled to believe that, but would you mind explaining why you are upset with people's replies to this thread? I noticed you favored Dixie over King K. Rool. Like I said in my post, Dixie was probably the best of the Kongs in several of the games they were in. However, what would be so horrible about King K. Rool in your opinion? I wouldn't mind seeing Dixie in the game terribly, either as a unique character or as a tag team option similar to the pokemon trainer or zelda/shiek. On the other hand, I think King K. Rool has more potential to be unique and interesting. Besides using the cannonball shooting thingy, I also recall him sporting boxing gloves in one game...I think. Let me try to find a youtube video.

Edit-Also in barrel blast he can swipe at people I think.

DK64 King K. Rool boss

As you can see he sports boxing gloves, and often does a ground pound that creates a shockwave effect. I could see several moves being made based on that.

Samurai_Sushi

Smash Rookie
Gotta go with K. Rool, no matter how stupid he looks. I have a feeling Dixie and Funky would end up being semi-clones of DK and Diddy. At least with K. Rool the designers would HAVE to create a comepletley original moveset.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Totally K. Rool

He's a villain, another heavy-weight (Which we dont have enough of), and lets face it...

Someone who has played the whole DKC series could sit down and come up with a moveset for him in about 1 minute or less.

Example:

B - Blunderbuss - Chargable, fires a cannonball uncharged, and fires a spiked cannonball fully charged. will also randomly fire the floating goo from DKC2, which reverses controls for 4 seconds.

B> - Crown Toss - Think Toon Link's Boomerang, only a crown

B^ - Kopter Pack from DKC3 - Dons the kopter jetpack, and flies upward.

Bv - Ground Slam - Does a slight jump, and slams the ground, causing shockwaves to erupt from the ground.

FS - Cannonball Barrage OR Invisible Uppercut - Cannonball barrage would cause Cannonballs to fall from the sky one after the other in 2 directions, left, then right. BUT if Gangplank Galleon is a stage, then this may well be a stage effect, in which case, this would work instead:

Invisible Uppercut : Simlar to Lyn's assist trophy, K. Rool vanishes, and seeks out the closest target, and uppercuts them with his Boxing glove, causing an instant KO. Can hit more than one target at once.

See? It's really very easy.

As much as I'd like Funky, K. Rool is too cool a villain, and needs some love.

Dixie, I just could not see a plausible moveset for (Funky could use his arsenal of weapons and such from DK64, and his plane as a recovery move, dont say "Funky doesnt either")

How about neither, because DK doesnt deserve another rep?
What?? You dont really want to be saying this. You really dont. Kirby has 3 characters, STAR FOX has 3 characters. I dont care if youre a Starfox fan or not. DK is Nintendo's 4th best-selling series, and nearly everyone knows at least DK and Diddy. How many people can say they know who some of the other characters are? (I.e. the Ice Climbers, Wolf (Yeah, lots of people dont recognize him lol), Pit, etc.)

How does DK not deserve another rep? You may think K. Rool the worst character ever (Thats obviously quite a statement, surely you cannot justify it) but you cannot deny that he has fantastic moveset potential, if you think you can, you've clearly not played every DKC game and DK 64 all the way through.

I'm sorry folks, DK is my series, so comments like this get my blood boiling, carry on. :)

Oi Kyon

Smash Journeyman
King K. Rool. There's already villians from other games, so there might as well be one that represents DK. And I just see Funky and Dixie ending up being a clone.

SlickSlicer

Smash Apprentice
Totally K. Rool

He's a villain, another heavy-weight (Which we dont have enough of), and lets face it...

Someone who has played the whole DKC series could sit down and come up with a moveset for him in about 1 minute or less.

Example:

B - Blunderbuss - Chargable, fires a cannonball uncharged, and fires a spiked cannonball fully charged. will also randomly fire the floating goo from DKC2, which reverses controls for 4 seconds.

B> - Crown Toss - Think Toon Link's Boomerang, only a crown

B^ - Kopter Pack from DKC3 - Dons the kopter jetpack, and flies upward.

Bv - Ground Slam - Does a slight jump, and slams the ground, causing shockwaves to erupt from the ground.

FS - Cannonball Barrage OR Invisible Uppercut - Cannonball barrage would cause Cannonballs to fall from the sky one after the other in 2 directions, left, then right. BUT if Gangplank Galleon is a stage, then this may well be a stage effect, in which case, this would work instead:

Invisible Uppercut : Simlar to Lyn's assist trophy, K. Rool vanishes, and seeks out the closest target, and uppercuts them with his Boxing glove, causing an instant KO. Can hit more than one target at once.

See? It's really very easy.

As much as I'd like Funky, K. Rool is too cool a villain, and needs some love.

Dixie, I just could not see a plausible moveset for (Funky could use his arsenal of weapons and such from DK64, and his plane as a recovery move, dont say "Funky doesnt either")

What?? You dont really want to be saying this. You really dont. Kirby has 3 characters, STAR FOX has 3 characters. I dont care if youre a Starfox fan or not. DK is Nintendo's 4th best-selling series, and nearly everyone knows at least DK and Diddy. How many people can say they know who some of the other characters are? (I.e. the Ice Climbers, Wolf (Yeah, lots of people dont recognize him lol), Pit, etc.)

How does DK not deserve another rep? You may think K. Rool the worst character ever (Thats obviously quite a statement, surely you cannot justify it) but you cannot deny that he has fantastic moveset potential, if you think you can, you've clearly not played every DKC game and DK 64 all the way through.

I'm sorry folks, DK is my series, so comments like this get my blood boiling, carry on. :)
Those are pretty cool moveset ideas and I agree, Donkey Kong is a pretty pivotal Nintendo franchise. I mainly played dk country and didn't really play many of the games after dk country 1 & 2 (if I remember correctly), but they were fun games and I think DK/Diddy have some of the more unique movesets in Brawl (which is very good and lends credence to them being great characters).

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
K. Rool would have to be the one simply because he's a villain muhahahah, besides Smash could use more villains anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom