• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW SSB4 Character Choice Battles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
I don't like any of them to be a playable character but if I had to choose, it would be Bowser Jr. because he seems like he could have the best and most diverse moveset.

KidSmash

Smash Journeyman
*Bowser JR*
cuz Smash needs more Mario villains, and not to mention this little guy has all sort of tricks under his sleeve.

Waluigi wont make it because he's currently not appearing in too many games other than sport-based ones, and he doesnt even appear in the Warioware series. Thats just sad :(

Toad doesnt have that much too give. I really dont know if he has outstanding abilities, other than running for his life, but he can stay as the B move he is.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
I appreciate wanting to keep this separate from the SSB4 thread, but this is still the Brawl discussion room, and the absolute last thing that needs to be discussed in multiple threads in this room is who might be in a game that may or may not ever be released. I promise, if the game gets confirmed, there will be ample time to discuss (and complain about) characters.

In the meantime, if someone wants to post a spinoff of this thread in Forum Games go ahead. This is really just a forum game, anyway.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Okay, so the thread has been moved, but it's still alive! Please feel free to continue.

Thanks, Kirby King.

gorgon.

Smash Ace
Anyway, Toad is definitely not Brawl material.

But between Bowser Jr. and Waluigi... hm... I like Waluigi more, but Bowser Jr. is more popular and his moveset would be easier to come up with, and perhaps better... But Waluigi is made of win and awesome, and he would be even quirkier than Wario.

Bowser Jr.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
None of them. Waluigi, Bowser Jr., and Toad are undeserving of a spot in SSB.

Waluigi- A lot like Wario, but he doesn't even have his own series. If he was in, he would be a Luigi clone. I can seem him as an alternate costume for Luigi though.

Bowser Jr.- Bowser clone. Lighter, and weaker. Also, before anybody says, 'zomg Mario Sunshine n00b', let me put it this way: Does Bowser Jr. even have enough importance to the Mario series to be in SSB? No. Definitely no.

Toad- Firstly, we don't need more Mario characters. Secondly, a cameo in Peach's moveset is all that he's deserving of. Can Toad fight? Well, he was just about the crappiest character in SMB2. Wanting Toad is like wanting healthy food at a Wendy's -- it just doesn't make sense.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Bowser Jr.

I think it'd be easy enough to avoid having him be a Bowser clone.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
This is a hard choice because I am not quite sure either really has enough substance to be included. If I had to pick another Mario representative I would pick Wart, the boss in Mario 2.

Waluigi and Toad both would need to borrow attacks from the sport games. And Bowser Jr. just seems too bleh for me. I don't think we need a smaller version of Bowser that can turn into a darker version of Mario.

I would settle for Toad because he has been a staple in nearly every Mario title. Plus a fast, strong character with little jumps seems like a new niche (taking those stats from Super Mario 2).

majora_787

Smash Hero
Yay, it was moved. ^^ I was kinda pissed that it was closed, this thread has a lot of potential. I still say you should to F-Zero as soon as you can, he's been waiting 3 years for a partner XD

biohazard930

Smash Apprentice
Waluigi: Ridiculous. He's a trash character with no games of this own.

Toad: Not fighter material. (I hope none of you who agree with this are for an Animal Crosser...)

Bowser Jr: The best of the three, but I'm still not sure about him even so. Though that doesn't matter, as the other two are easily out.

Vote (grudgingly): Bowser Jr.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Waluigi...eh... I'm ttired of seeing his face. I'd prefer him to stay as an assist trophy.

Bowser Jr. Yes, please. A paintbrush based moveset would suit him well, as well as a shadow mario transformation.

Toad - Peach pulls him out of places unknown, and will in the next Smash. No thanks.

Karma*~

Smash Cadet
Waluigi- A lot like Wario, but he doesn't even have his own series. If he was in, he would be a Luigi clone. I can seem him as an alternate costume for Luigi though.
1. I'd say more like a Luigi/Peach mix than a clone
2. He IS an alternate costume already

Bowser Jr.- Bowser clone. Lighter, and weaker. Also, before anybody says, 'zomg Mario Sunshine n00b', let me put it this way: Does Bowser Jr. even have enough importance to the Mario series to be in SSB? No. Definitely no.
Nah. Definitely not a clone.

Toad- Firstly, we don't need more Mario characters. Secondly, a cameo in Peach's moveset is all that he's deserving of. Can Toad fight? Well, he was just about the crappiest character in SMB2. Wanting Toad is like wanting healthy food at a Wendy's -- it just doesn't make sense.
Are you kidding? Toad was the best character in SMB other than Luigi at times where jumping was imperative. Pitiful jump aside, he was the fastest and strongest. (Yes, that's fact, not opinion.)

Magnacor

Smash Ace
Bowser Jr, hands down. First of all Toad is ahrdly any better then putting Goomba on that list. And the fact that he's already a move makes their chances about the same. Waluigi, while better then Toad, is really not that important. He's vastly similar to Daisy in the sense that they were only added to make a complete set if you will (Mario and Luigi; Peach and Daisy; Wario and Waluigi). He's just filler in his own franchise and we don't need him filling up a spot in SSB4. That being said, he could be given a decent moveset and be a good character in Brawl, but I prefer Bowser Jr. Bowser Jr. has appeared as a mini-boss in his games and is a major character (to some extent) in the Mario series. He has great moveset potential with his paintbrush, Shadow Mario, and shell and could be a great character. Plus he ups the villain count. That's always good.

shadowyoshi2345

Smash Journeyman
bowser jr fosho

give him the paintbrush + some of bowsers moves, with a little more speed of course, but really include the whole shadow mario to it

toad - never going to happen

wailuigi - sticks to sports games, n i guess an assist trophy, i'd really rather not ever see him as a character unless there was a **** load of others before him

Ilex

Smash Ace
Toad is the best option. Bowser Jr. can't compete with Toad when it comes to how long they've been in the series and originality. Waluigi hasn't even been in a true mario game, just spin-offs like Mario Kart and sports :/

Also keep in mind that Toad is the only character from Super Mario Bros 2 that hasn't made it to brawl.

Black Magician

Smash Apprentice
Waluigi - HATE HATE KILL.

Toad - Peach's special, little obvious potential.

Bowser Jr. - Paintbrush ftw!

majora_787

Smash Hero
Bowser Jr. -- 24
Toad -- 4
Waluigi -- 7

Bowser Jr. is gonna win already, it's about time for round three. I think we're done here. lol

smashbot226

Smash Master
Toad is the best option. Bowser Jr. can't compete with Toad when it comes to how long they've been in the series and originality. Waluigi hasn't even been in a true mario game, just spin-offs like Mario Kart and sports :/

Also keep in mind that Toad is the only character from Super Mario Bros 2 that hasn't made it to brawl.
Keep it that way, fella.

Oh, and to the noobs who say "BOWSER JR = CLONE!"

1. He can't even breathe fire. So, Bowser B = out.

2. HE has a paintbrush for a weapon, so nearly ALL of Bowser's A moves = out.

3. He has nowhere NEAR the size and amount of girth Bowser has, so Bowser BV, B>, and B^ = out.

Would you look at that? AN ORIGINAL MOVESET!!!

Now go back to your messiah, Gayno, haters.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Sorry for the late update guys! It should have been three hours ago, but I was busy. My apologies. ANYWAYS, the new battle is up:

Samurai Goroh vs. Black Shadow!

Royboy

Smash Apprentice
i can't come up with a moveset for black shadow...maybe he can take g-dorf moveset in the next smash, if he gets a sword based one.

Otherwise i vote for goroh, it'll be cool to se a rude katana user

majora_787

Smash Hero
Hard to say. Goroh would be another sword weilder, but Black Shadow doesn't really have a lot of possibilities for a unique moveset. But then again, it's like Dedede versus Meta Knight. I'll probably go with Black Shadow. Villains ftw. Plus, we have enough sword people.

Neb

Smash Lord
Samurai goroh, all the way, we need more Captain Falcon cast!
Has SSB4 been confirmed, or is it just a possibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom