• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93

This is how to use the Raccoon Tail​

Nintendo Direct uploaded with this logo, for an upcoming game for the 3DS. Not much else is known about it, other than that it's slated for an August release in Japan.

More pictures:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What's with all the gold?

Also I want the hammer suit in this

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Can't wait for it, Looks pretty good. And it looks like Tanooki Suit could be a staple in the series as a power-up now.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Also I want the hammer suit in this
^ Seconded.

Also, I know the NSMB series is good and all, but I'm starting to get a little bored of the art style of the games. I think an update or change in style would be better, though that's just me nitpicking. What I'm really hoping for are worlds that have specific themes to them in the same manner Super Mario Bros. 3 did. That's just me though.

Jakor

Smash Ace
It seems like the game will be great, as it is a Mario game after all. But I just hope they add enough new things and new ideas in the game so it doesn't play entirely like the others NSMB games.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
[glow]Let's see... NSMB 3ds and Mii (Wii U), thats 2 new super mario bros type games at once. It would seem possible for them to try and do some kind of connection thing with the games like they are doing with the Smash bros 4 Titles.

It seems kind of strange though that they are releasing 2 very similar Mario games at once, even if they are on seperate systems.[/glow]

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ Still a little confused, is this the Super Mario Bros. 4 that was announced or is that a whole other game? Other than that, I'm hoping this New Mario Bros. is better than the last two, (the last two was great, just hoping it will bring more epic to remember).

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
^ Seconded.

Also, I know the NSMB series is good and all, but I'm starting to get a little bored of the art style of the games. I think an update or change in style would be better, though that's just me nitpicking. What I'm really hoping for are worlds that have specific themes to them in the same manner Super Mario Bros. 3 did. That's just me though.
I can second you on that. I never really was a fan of the art style for NSMB 1, and if they're going to keep recycling it, that'll get pretty old.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I can second you on that. I never really was a fan of the art style for NSMB 1, and if they're going to keep recycling it, that'll get pretty old.
I agree, it really needs to change. It's Mario though, so I'm sure it will be fun

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Whenever I see those things, It reminds me of Nine Inch Nails

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You know, the funny thing about this year's E3 is that not only do we hear about New Super Mario Bros. 2, but also, New Super Mario Bros. U.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
At first, my only reason for a 3DS is for Mario Kart 7, but some of the Nintendo eShop features changed my perspective. This title may also help broaden my 3DS horizon, even if I don't use the 3D feature.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sorry for the double post, but it seems that New Super Mario Bros. 2 will be set up so that you can either buy the game in its game card form, or you can download the game through the Nintendo eShop.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93

Any chance someone could texture hack and give Luigi that silver coat? It looks really, really nice. Silver Fireballs included.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Probably saw THIS coming, but Tanooki Luigi get's his Kitsune look

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93

Oh ****.

The game's released in Japan now. About 3 weeks or so until it's released elsewhere.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The Super Mario Boards have a thread for this title too. Anyway, we have a Live Preview video available now, so here's the link to it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPdqHukYTps

By the way, it seems that the Goomba's Shoe is a beta element, as someone at the Super Mario Boards wasn't too happy with the item being ditched in the end.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You'd think in the opening cinimatic it would show a REASON the game is so gold focused.

I guess they could show it later on in the game

I just can't get excited for this game...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
http://mynintendonews.com/2012/07/3...s-2-sells-431000-copies-in-two-days/#comments

That's extremely impressive and its not even released in the U.S yet
☯ Wait... that much in two days?! O_o

☯ So far on reviewers the lowest I've seen is a 7/10, (Joystiq) while the highest is a 9/10, (Famitsu). As usual I can't trust reviewers, I might get this game on the release date if I have enough money after getting three other games that come out this month. My wallet is crying again. )=

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I expect it to be pretty fun to play. But it's just not an exciting game.

I don't get the coin collecting aspect, and the opening movie didn't help.

These New Super Mario's aren't capturing what I liked about the Mario series very well. Even if they are doing some things better than the old games

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Sorry to just interrupt previous discussion with a question but does anyone know if this game has online co-op?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sorry to just interrupt previous discussion with a question but does anyone know if this game has online co-op?
The game does offer StreetPass and SpotPass features, but from what I can tell, you can't play with others online.

Simply put, the online features focus more on Coin Rush challenges.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
thats stupid, I want full online co-op so I can play through the whole game with my online friends.

Slim_X

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4425-1928-1952
Just preordered mine @ target! I got free mario gummies and a gold and silver mario pin to put on shirt. Ita worth it for just a dollar and Ill get the awesome game too! Actually glad school is starting because I beat game like in a week so ill be albe to take my time finding ever secret! This is a must buy for mario fans even if your not one, game looks awesome!

:phone:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Good to see Mario and Nintendo in general is still kicking ***. At least in Japan.

I never really got into the "New Super Mario Bros." stuff, though. Seems too... off for me.
Eh, maybe someday.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
At least New Super Mario Bros. Wii offers you the ability to create your own levels, if you have Homebrew on your Wii of course.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
At least New Super Mario Bros. Wii offers you the ability to create your own levels, if you have Homebrew on your Wii of course.
Hehe, regardless, I prefer Lunar Magic and Super Mario World. :awesome:
People have spawned awesome stuff from that over the years.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Can't wait to get his game Sunday. I've been aching for a new 2D Mario game.

Oh ****.

The game's released in Japan now. About 3 weeks or so until it's released elsewhere.[/QUOTE]That image looks totally fake/photoshopped. The shading looks terrible, the shape looks wrong and too small, the angle of Mario's head looks odd, no wind-up key, and I can't find another video/picture/source that can confirm that it is real.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
[FONT=&quot]☯ I missed getting this game yesterday, but I'll try to get it today. I'm curious about how much the of NSMB2 is same game compare to the other New Super Mario Bros titles from what reviewers are saying. [FONT=&quot]★[/FONT][/FONT]

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I didn't really play NSMB a whole lot, but it's not like when I started playing NSMB2 I immediately thought that it was a complete rip-off of the first one like some reviewers were saying.

It's a 2D Mario and that's what you should expect going into it imo. That and coins.

Top Bottom