• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Super Mario Bros Wii

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I'm guessing it's between Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Mario Party 9.

Although it could be Mario Golf Wii.

The problem with the Mario franchise is that it's not good enough knowing whether or not a Mario game is coming out; you also need to know whether it's a Mario Party, Super Mario, a Mario sports title, Mario Kart, or Paper Mario.

This problem doesn't exist with Zelda. It's always really awesome and a must buy if its Zelda. except when it involves crossbow training.

I would love Mario Galaxy 2, but I am going to anticipate New Play Control! Mario Golf so that I'm not disappointed. Although a completely new Mario spinoff could be interesting.

So, who wants to try to guess what Mario game will be announced at E3?

Spire

III
BRoomer
This is probably the second core Mario game, just as Nintendo announced at last E3 along with Zelda. I find it interesting that The Legend of Zelda was created as the inverse of Super Mario Bros, and now, Nintendo is developing both Zelda and Mario simultaneously as the possible "quintessential" games of the series for their most refined and successful console of all tie. I see the two of these games being paired up in such a way that if you own a Wii, you must buy both together, like siblings.

Not that you would buy children of course.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Although it could be Mario Golf Wii.
I would have kept my Wii if Mario Golf Wii had come out ages ago. Golf was my favorite portion of Wii Sports, but the same few courses get boring pretty fast. I've loved the past Mario Golf games and with how well Golf worked in Wii Sports, I don't understand how they haven't brought Mario Golf to the Wii yet.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I'm really curious, could anything developed by Intelligent Systems be considered in the Mario series?
They could just mean a platforming game.
I'm really hoping for a new Paper Mario nonetheless, but maybe give it some more time. I'd like to see the Turn-Based style brung back, or at least take out the stupid flipping. I preferred the style the first two games were going for. Or for being less picky, bring back partners (Specifically more involved partners. I didn't like really any characters in the Wii title)

Really am not hoping for a Galaxy 2 tbh. Give that a little more time. Maybe a golf game like it was suggested. Very fun times on the n64 version.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Anything but an RPG. I'd be pretty excited if it was a new platformer, but Nintendo has a bad habit of releasing 3-D platformers in large intervals. Mario 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, etc.

Scott!

Smash Lord
SMG 2 would be a bit surprising to me, considering how long it was between the last few main Mario games, as Straked pointed out. I wouldn't mind, though. Barring something new, it's probably the only Mario game I'd buy. That, or an entirely new Super Mario game.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
SMG 2 would be a bit surprising to me, considering how long it was between the last few main Mario games, as Straked pointed out. I wouldn't mind, though. Barring something new, it's probably the only Mario game I'd buy. That, or an entirely new Super Mario game.
I would like to point out that while Mario games are traditionally few and far between, Super Mario Galaxy games shouldn't take as long to make as previous installments. Super Mario 64 pretty much invented the 3D engine, hence it took a long time to produce, and Super Mario Sunshine perfected the 3D engine while adding third person shooter elements to the game - a huge technological leap. Super Mario Galaxy reinvented the 3D engine. However, now that I can't imagine there really being any improvements to the engine, Super Mario Galaxy 2 would most likely be entirely level design - there shouldn't be much work on the engine itself slowing down production.

Not that seeing Mario reinvented with a brand new shiny engine would be a bad thing; but I haven't finished enjoying Galaxy's physics enough to want to see Mario reinvented before the galaxy concept is furthered.

Although this seems like a lot of excitement for Mario Party 9.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
If Nintendo makes a sequel to Super Mario Galaxy they've almost definitely sold out just to make money.

Just say'n.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
Here's what it's about: X gets kidnapped by Y
Mario must save X.
What an complicated and intriging plot. Ya gotta love Nintendo for thier rich stories =P

Well, as long as it's part of the Paper Mario Series or a Platformer/In the main series I'll be happy. I just don't want another Mario Party -_-

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Pictures at E3

Look carefully enough and you can see blocks and fireflowers behind the screen. New Super Mario Bros Wii? NSMB 2?

Credit to CRASHiC for posting a link to them in the E3 thread

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Pictures at E3

Look carefully enough and you can see blocks and fireflowers behind the screen. New Super Mario Bros Wii? NSMB 2?

Credit to CRASHiC for posting a link to them in the E3 thread
That doesn't mean anything. Nintendo could just be decorating its booth that way for kicks.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
That doesn't mean anything. Nintendo could just be decorating its booth that way for kicks.
Yup. Or it could be for a new Mario game. Or it could be for a smash bros DS game. Or ir could be that they shipped over art from NSMB by mistake. Or...

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Could someone up the contrast on that a bit? I can't see the words very well. the first word is obviously Super, the second underneath Mario, but there's an S at the end of Mario that's bugging me.

EDIT: NVM, I looked up a clearer pick. It says Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Okay...I can only think of one thing they HAVEN'T done with mario.

3D Platform Remake of Super Mario World. Features all of the levels from the original, 20 bonus ones, and a Rainbow Yoshi that craps Ice cream.

Actually, I can think of one more.

A series of 2 Games. Sonic and Mario, Crossfire.
One game is Sonic fighting Bowser in the Mushroom Kingdom.
The other is Mario battling Eggman inwhatever ****ingworld they put Sonic on. I know in the old cartoon it's called Mobius.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
WHY ARE THERE 2 STUPID TOADS INSTEAD OF WARlO AND WALUIGI >:c

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Hey, someone changed the name to a stupid title!

It's not "New Mario Bros. Wii", its "New SUPER Mario Bros. Wii"! Get it right!

Also, there's Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone have any info on the game? I missed the early part of the nintendo conference.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I know this game is going to be soild as a single player game, but somehow I'm just not sure if platforming games, more specifically the Mario games, lend themselves to Co-op gameplay so well. It just seems like there wouldn't be a lot of teamwork involved and thus the point of co-operative play is negated. Still, this could very well be an excellent game.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
This game, Mario Galaxy 2, and Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story is going to make me broke, lol. The funny part was I was playing New Super Mario Bros on the DS the day before this was announced.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I think it's fine if one of the characters is Toad, but two? That's just lazy design.

Deception

Smash Ace
Those two-player games in NSMB were extremely fun, so now seeing that put in the actual game with 4 player co-op tickles my fancy. I am very pleased with Nintendo right now.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Looks fun, but I'm holding off till I see levels. I wasn't a fan of the DS version at all.

I can imagine the bowser sections being pretty funny. Poor bowser will have to take on 4 people :laugh:

Top Bottom