• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Technique: Din's Fakeout

Arean

Smash Ace
Okay, being here in the Zelda forums I think I haven't seen anyone post this yet.

Dins Fakeout- You shorthop in the direction where Zelda is facing and Dins at the same direction. Once animation starts quickly flick your joystick to the right. I havent mastered it yet since it require some practice, But I managed to do it quite a lot in the video

NOW WITH BETTER QUALITY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYNsi3sYM6c

SH forward
Dins
Flick joystick to opposite direction

you will see the effects in the video

I found this while playing around with dins fire and found out that you can do a fakeout with it. You can use this as a mindgame. And no this is not b-sticking because I havent set my cstick to special.

If this has been found out then Im sorry. I just think this is a thing that can help Zelda's metagame since we dont like to B-stick (seriously a cstick is so needed for her dowsmash)

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Bah, I knew this already. I was really hoping this was going to be something else - I thought you found a way to keep the Din flying after you let go of B.

Anyway, when I play I don't find it particularly useful, simply because all that time you're going it, you're completely open for attack. If you just do it forwards, then if they come at you, they get hit anyway.

As a side note: If you do this on a spring, you can get Din's to explode consecutively infront of you without a gap. Kinda like a forcefield. Works with NL too.

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
Ok, so she's casting Din's in one direction and then she turns around and it explodes?
It's kinda hard to really tell whats going on in the video. But it seems nice! :)

I will try this out.

Arean

Smash Ace
Well if somebody did know about this before i wish it could have been mentioned....

Arean

Smash Ace
Just tap the jump button quick. What controller do you use?

Arean

Smash Ace
posted video with better quality so it can be much more clearer

Arean

Smash Ace
yeah, the timing can need some practice... hehe I think ill check this move more.

seshun

Smash Apprentice
i already knew this. i use it to chain it to a grab since there is little knockback. And i use it to just combo after the explosion since you propel yourself foward.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
what's the point of pressing back? it seems to have the same effect just letting go...

leogeo2

Smash Cadet
I would guess to make the opponent think that you are running away from them, hence the "mindgame" tag left on thread. Then you'd come right back at them with the fire.

Magus420

Smash Master
You're just doing a B-Reversal (reversing it after you input it) which also reverses your momentum. It's basically B-Sticking without using the C-Stick. You can do it with Zelda's neutral-B as well (and many other char's B moves).

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=166774

Say you're:

1) Facing Right
2) Jump to the Right
3) Din's to the Left
4) Immediately hit Right after inputting the Din's

The Din's to the Left will be reversed to the Right, and in addition your current momentum to the Right will also be reversed to the Left (B-Reversal).

The end result is you hopping to the Right, beginning Din's, then flying backwards to the Left while Din's goes to the Right.

Now if you're:

1) Facing Right
2) Jump backwards to the Left while still facing Right
3) Din's to the Left
4) Immediately hit Right after inputting the Din's

The Din's to the Left will be reversed to the Right, and in addition your current momentum to the Left will also be reversed to the Right (B-Reversal).

The end result is you hopping to the Left, beginning Din's, then flying forwards to the Right while Din's goes to the Right.

If you want to do it with Nayru's, you'd need to add in turnaround Bs as needed if you want to be facing a certain way in the end:

1) Facing Right
2) Jump backwards to the Left while still facing Right
3) Tap backwards to setup a turnaround B (hitting back to jump backwards will often do this for you if you do the B soon enough after)
4) Hit B, which will then startup a Nayru's while facing Left
5) Immediately hit Right after inputting the Nayru's

The Nayru's that was turned around to the Left will then be reversed a 2nd time and to the Right, and in addition your current momentum to the Left will also be reversed to the Right (B-Reversal).

The end result is you hopping to the Left, beginning Nayru's, then flying forwards to the Right while facing Right with Nayru's.

Basically, hitting the opposite direction before inputting the B move reverses the direction you're facing without reversing momentum, and hitting the other direction after inputting the B move will not only reverse the direction you're facing with it, but also reverse your current momentum.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Not to hi-jack this thread or anything, but you can do this with Zelda's f-air to get a sort of B-sticking Aerial type move.

As soon as you see the glow on her tippy-tippy-toe, she flies backwards, and you can immediately send out a Din to follow. I think this is a great way of f-airing since you're almost invulnerable, and if it misses, DIN FTW.

S2

Smash Lord
Magus put it best, this is simply a B-reversal. A technique that isn't character specific (IE, basically everyone can do it). It's been around for months and is fairly well known. Although you don't see the technique used a ton in matches.

Also, although I don't mention it specifically as a B-reversal, I put how to do this in the sticky guide about 2-3 months ago in the advanced Din's section.

There has also been discussion about using this in conjunction with Nayru's. Since Nayru's sends the opponent in whatever direction Zelda is facing, you can b-reversal it to control which way your opponent is knocked back.

Props though that you found it on your own.

Triforce_Chauzu

Smash Apprentice
I also use this from time to time... I've never really reflected over the fact that this is a special technique. :p

Good that you brought it up, though! :D

Edit: It's really easy to do if you b-stick.

goodkid

Smash Lord
Yeah, I think this will end up being a better way to use Din's Fire, it gets Zelda closer to the opponent, than running & jumping to Dins. I still haven't tried this, but I will because I need something to improve my Zelda. I need help on other things, but this will give me new strats.

Top Bottom