• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Tecnique. DLX-Hit-cancel.

SeriousTyro

Smash Rookie
Regardless of the name, this technique is really useful. It even made me reconsider using Falco as one of my mains. Still I can't seem to do the "DL" or "DLX- Hit- canel" with any other characters beside Falco.

JJnew

Smash Cadet
Regardless of the name, this technique is really useful. It even made me reconsider using Falco as one of my mains. Still I can't seem to do the "DL" or "DLX- Hit- canel" with any other characters beside Falco.
So far I know this can be done by Falco, Snake, Warrio and Dede, does anyone knows anyone else can do this???

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Why is this thread still here? No one even cares about the technique everyone here just b****es about the name and we get nowhere. This thread is about as productive as the "Ike is gay" thread from a few months ago.

Knight-errant

Smash Apprentice
Who else can do this? Is it only a dash attack cancelled into an upsmash, or does it work with other combonations as well? So far I've only seen and performed this myself with Falco (and it's very useful).

The OP said you have to have grabbed them to make it work. You don't. At least not with Falco.

hmbtnguy

Smash Cadet
why can't i get this to work? i tried it with falco and i cant get it. how early should u press uair after doing the running A?
I'm in the same boat. I can't seem to figure out the timing. The way it was described earlier is slightly confusing... is it really required to grab the enemy first before this technique is able to work? Or was that merely an example of implementing it in battle.

smasher91613

Smash Journeyman
I'm in the same boat. I can't seem to figure out the timing. The way it was described earlier is slightly confusing... is it really required to grab the enemy first before this technique is able to work? Or was that merely an example of implementing it in battle.
a few ppl said u dont have to grab. i just can't get it though, not even once

Odendaalrust

Smash Apprentice
Most people have agreed in naming it DLink (DashLinking) or DL for short
Special note: For it to work, you need to have used your throw on your opponent.

It is true...I have been practicing it wit hWario. Problem is, with Wario you can only effectivly use it on an opponent when they are at low percentage. After that they fly too high after his dash attack. that may change if the opponent DI's badly or something.

You don't have to start it with a grab, but its better for damage.

smasher91613

Smash Journeyman
It is true...I have been practicing it wit hWario. Problem is, with Wario you can only effectivly use it on an opponent when they are at low percentage. After that they fly too high after his dash attack. that may change if the opponent DI's badly or something.

You don't have to start it with a grab, but its better for damage.
so you've gotten it to work? could u explain the timing or something to me? i can't even get it with falco

Repulse X

Smash Apprentice
Yeah i know theres 15 pages but for those who dont want to read

For FALCOS...its easy if you flick the c-stick down and then up as you approach them

c-stick down out of a dash performs your dash attack, and then flicking it up completes the gatling combo

smasher91613

Smash Journeyman
Yeah i know theres 15 pages but for those who dont want to read

For FALCOS...its easy if you flick the c-stick down and then up as you approach them

c-stick down out of a dash performs your dash attack, and then flicking it up completes the gatling combo
wouldn't that make u do a dash to a D-smash?

also do u want to play some matches?

Rebel581

Smash Champion
Why does this thread exist? It's called Snakedashing now because DLX-whatever sounds stupid. Snakedashing sounds manly.

Also, just press c-stick down while running (this will perform a dash attack), then press up and grab. Practice with Snake, then with other characters. Snake's is incredibly easy to do.

smasher91613

Smash Journeyman
Why does this thread exist? It's called Snakedashing now because DLX-whatever sounds stupid. Snakedashing sounds manly.

Also, just press c-stick down while running (this will perform a dash attack), then press up and grab. Practice with Snake, then with other characters. Snake's is incredibly easy to do.
press up and grab? why do u have to hit grab?

smasher91613

Smash Journeyman
wow u have got to be kidding me. this whole time i cant get this thing down and now i hear about just pressing up and down on the c-stick.

i try it and it actually works, i can finally do it. then for some random reason i cant do it anymore! i tried it with falco and snake with the c-stick and i just cant do it, idk wtf changed in that minute but it's pretty **** annoying

Top Bottom