• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Tier Position

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
As we all know, a new tier list is nothing, but maybe a few days or weeks away and things will happen that we will either like or dislike. I figured that since we each have our own opinions on what is soon to come, why not discuss it.

Rules:

No flaming, trolling, etc, etc.
Just follow SWF global rules and we will be fine.

Not doing so will have Kitty come in and punish accordingly, so don't bull****.

What Needs to be Discussed

Current Metagame
Recent Tournament Placings
Other Character Positions and How They Affect Us
Overall Placement in the New Tier List

To avoid a huge cluster**** of mess, we will go through one topic at a time.

We'll start with the current metagame.

~Serin

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Saved for what we think will be his position from S tier to A tier.

EDIT:

S Tier
Meta Knight

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Do to our poor showing at Gensis (CURSE YOU TOON LINK!!!!!) and a lack of placements outside of Atomsk at SNES and more local tournaments like Co18 in Florida and FOGO in HOBO, I predict we will drop simply because of this, and the man below us (Marth) having gotten second place in a tournament where Ally and Mew2King was present. We will become the king of High tier, and Marth will rise up above us.

I still feel that's a mistake though. I think we should be in a sort of Borderline tier with Marth, my argument being his incredible Matchups.

Here is a weighted tier list based on matchups weighted in terms of most used charecters-
http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv183/RajamBop/CharactersRanking-16.jpg

MagicJosh

Smash Apprentice
Are we suppose to argue and post our thoughts on all characters?
I will start the arguement, then since it is required.

(insert arguement and generic insult)

Anyways, I think that the ice climbers slowly rising will give us more of a problem that we might think, as it could easily be our worst MU. I don't like people using ice climbers JUST for the grab hax (personally just because it just seems as a "do it just because I will win if I do" thing, not because I think it's cheap. But I do think that with the IC rising in ranks more and more people might start to use them.

I agree with being boreder lined with marth as he and ddd have pretty ridiculous match-ups.
Although I feel d3 should place higher than him simply because (to me) marth just seems to have less of mind game play style. (for example Marth = fair fair fair fair, side b, upb oos, and DDD= grab - followed be SOO much more)

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Do to our poor showing at Gensis (CURSE YOU TOON LINK!!!!!) and a lack of placements outside of Atomsk at SNES and more local tournaments like Co18 in Florida and FOGO in HOBO, I predict we will drop simply because of this,
Everything you said besides this is true. We won't drop because of our lack of representation in placings at all. It's not about that, because the tier list is more weighted on the character itself since it's been almost two years. It is partly weighted by the players representing that character, but that's only near the beginning to the middle of the game's time period. At a time period like this for higher tier characters like these, the players don't matter anymore for the character's place on the list. It's about the character's themselves, and this is where my perspective comes in.
I think DDD may stay were he's at or go down.
Of course, we already know that King Dedede is not going to go UP. He's never going to go above 6th because of the other characters above him, and the war with Marth.
My strong prediction is in conformity with Crashic's, I also believe that Marth will surpass King Dedede and they will switch places, and that was one of my questions for the similar thread that I made. [If you all remember it. It was when the 3.0 list was made.] Marth's matchups, enough said.

In terms of King Dedede's metagame... it has not improved as much to be general. If we were to "improve" his metagame, we should all be practicing inhale releasing tactics [thank Seibrik], and try to perfect it in any possible way because we can get very easy up tilt kills off of it on characters like Meta Knight. Practice, practice practice.
The only thing we can be left to do is to just be smarter players with our matchups. That's how I am right now. We have to look at more in-depth things about our character combined with the very small things we can do in each situation with a particular matchup.

Zip.

Smash Lord
ugh thank you beef..

personally i think ddd should be a bit lower than he is.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Actually, our tier list is heavily influenced by tournament placings.
/wishes for matchup baised tier list that we don't have.

Zip.

Smash Lord
Beef, i dont contribute because i havent played this game in a very long time D=
(and i feel as though i am theory crafting and i hate it)
anyways..

well i think we should go by matchups/metagame

i think marth will rise above ddd(i dont know why marth wasnt higher already.,im basing this on marths matchups compared to ddds)

but i also think pikachu,olimar, and ics deserve to be higher than ddd as well.
what is everyones opinion about these 3 being above ddd?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
No No and Maybe
Oli's claim to fame is countering us and Snake. But then comes Metaknight, Ice Climbers and Marth. . . . .
Pika is famous for countering Falco and D3, but if Marth is moving up, Pika sure the hell shouldn't. Pika's got big marth trouble.
ICs have a 40-60 matchup with MK again, CPed horribly easy by Snake, but they at least have the tournament placing of Meep to back what they can accomplish.

TlocCPU

Smash Apprentice
We will be top of B tier (optimistic) or C tier (pessimistic)
somewhere between those two extremes

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
What? Why would we be behind Kirby and R.O.B. ever?

Highest DDD at Genesis

9. Lain - Ice Climbers/King Dedede

Highest Pikachu-

17: Z - Pikachu

Highest Olimar

17: Rich Brown - Olimar

Highest ALL DDD-

17: Co18 - King Dedede

SNES results

Highest DDD

4: Lain (Ice Climbers/Dedede)
or if you want a Mainer
5: Atomsk (Dedede/Ice Climbers/Luigi)

Highest Pika

5: Anther (Pikachu)

Highest Olimar-

25: Blackwaltz (Olimar)

Viridian City results

Highest DDD- Mew2King not counting

6: Atomsk - Tyrant Slayer! ($23.75)

Highest Olimar-

17: dqboo (dabuz)

There's no reason for us to be below those characters, and with Snake and Marth on the rise, we do much better in the metagame than Olimar and Pikachu.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
We're NOT GOING to go anywhere above or below 6th or 7th. You're all being over exaggerative about this. We are going to either stay, or Marth will switch places with us, that's it. Thank about it, for once.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
****it beef I was gonna say that.
You guys are underestimating how good King Dedede is as a character.

Best Scenario- We stay where we are on the tier list
Most Likely Scenario- We switch places with Marth and become the captain of A-Tier
Worst Case Scenario- Marth goes into S-Tier, but we're still behind IC's in A. Making IC's the new captain of A-Tier, and us right behind them.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Has the SBR even given a dte for the release of the next tier list yet?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Actually, once the Melee metagame settled down tier lists became roughly yearly. If this trend follows, we shouldn't expect a new tier list until next summer.

seven7xenon

Smash Rookie
I reckon Marth will go S tier for sure. With him now beating snake or going even it means besides metaknight he has a positive matchup against all the Top tiers apart from D3. I beleive ICs mightl also go above D3 and the S tier may be enlarged to encorporate him or he will be top of the A tier. D3 probably won't rise but then again he will only be falling 2 places at most.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Depends on who he used Dedede on for those one or two times.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Not really x.x Just because you use D3 for one or two matches on say for instance, Ally, doesn't mean THAT much. Things happen.

TlocCPU

Smash Apprentice
lol fiction 2 stocked lains dedede in an unwinnable matchup lololololol

disclaimer: yes, I DO beat fiction's wario every time.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
I'm on the side of AtotheZ, Serin, and CPU. The guy should really be using the character a lot more to keep his represntation with King Dedede, "regardless" of how good people think his King Dedede is. People should bluntly not be giving somebody credit for a character just from using a character 10% of his tournament matches. Those people who do are just ignorant to the fact that he will only use him on characters that are not hard matchups for King Dedede and not play against any bad matchups, like Meta Knight, Falco and Pikachu. I will switch sides if I ever see Lain defeat some of those matchups and not hide King Dedede behind Ice Climbers.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
What does how much lain uses Dedede have anything to do with Dedede's tier list position?

Top Bottom