• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New to competive online play

SpiralMountain

Smash Rookie
Hey, I am new to the forums and I was wondering how you guys VS eachother and if my friend and I could get in on this action. We are the best in our town and beat just about every kid 1v1 and 2v2, usually playing for lootz. If anyone could help guide me through these events it would be much appriciated and your social group can recieve two more great players.

peace,

SpiralMountain

tig3rbombz

Smash Rookie
$100 says i can 5 stock you...and then play u in smash and 5 stock you...am just saying.... :)

Superstar

Smash Champion
tiger is partially right in a certain way though, a lot of people are " the best in their town", then once they play competitively, they get BEAT bad. It's just a word of warning, or rather, encouragement, depends on how competitive you are.

SpiralMountain

Smash Rookie
Its straight I was just looking for competition not elietist jerks... just saying, thanks for help and word of warnings though guys
also which emulator would you recommend

Daedatheus

Smash Lord

SpiralMountain

Smash Rookie
Agony thanks for the help man please don't stop helping people I just fully didn't understand the ROM thing, but I got it now and it is much appricated for that link

t1gerbombz

Smash Rookie
Its straight I was just looking for competition not elietist jerks... just saying, thanks for help and word of warnings though guys
also which emulator would you recommend
aahah l33t...he called me an elitist! **** RITE now ur role jabroni!!! I KILLZ U!

im not a jerk! RTARD :p

SpiralMountain

Smash Rookie
ok mange, and **** that **** is hard as hell to play online using a keyboard, also anyone want to tell me why I am getting an error everytime I try to play online

Superstar

Smash Champion
I'm just saying word of warning because you said:

and your social group can recieve two more great players.
I'm not great myself, I'm just saying.

For Keyboard, I'd suggest
WASD - Stick
J = A
N = B
M = L
K = Z
L = R
YUIO = C Buttons.

And you have to mention what your error is to get help. Your OS, if it's Vista did you make sure to get VE or figure out how to configure it for Vista? Did you make sure to set the ROM directory?

And tiger is lol, he just talks smack. :p

NixxxoN

Smash Master
ok mange, and **** that **** is hard as hell to play online using a keyboard, also anyone want to tell me why I am getting an error everytime I try to play online
Read the manual on the stickies, but in the ssb64 general forum, the parent of this one.
You're wrong saying i'ts hard to play online using keyboard. You have to get used to it thats all.

And LOL @ Tiger's 239423489 account banned.
Tiger's next name in his next account? place your bets.

SpiralMountain

Smash Rookie
alright thanks guys, I will get some practice in and private message me when some tournaments go down. Right now I using hte P64K or w.e, but I always down for switching and always down for tournaments with or without lootz

I am also still can't seem to get rid of this error that says "fail to open file" when I open the smash bros file.. I will check out other forums to help as well

NixxxoN

Smash Master
alright thanks guys, I will get some practice in and private message me when some tournaments go down. Right now I using hte P64K or w.e, but I always down for switching and always down for tournaments with or without lootz

I am also still can't seem to get rid of this error that says "fail to open file" when I open the smash bros file.. I will check out other forums to help as well
You have to create a folder for your roms, and you have to setup this folder to be the "room directory" in the emulator itself

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Read the manual on the stickies, but in the ssb64 general forum, the parent of this one.
You're wrong saying i'ts hard to play online using keyboard. You have to get used to it thats all.

And LOL @ Tiger's 239423489 account banned.
Tiger's next name in his next account? place your bets.
']['igerb0mbz

Top Bottom