• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New to falco; new to the game actually

onoez

Smash Cadet
As I was browsing through this forums I couldn't rly find a 'If you're new to Falco *do this*'-thread. I want to pretty good at the game and I play it with my friends as prac (and for fun ofcourse) basically, but I feel like there are better ways to practice.

Also I don't know what I do with falco is 'the right way'. Some help would be appreciated.

The H Kid

Original
Well how do we know if youre doing it the "right way"?

(I however dont believe in right or wrong ways)

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Every Falco player usually has their own style. So not really a right or wrong way.

I suggest taking a look at the stickied threads. Pretty useful for newcomers.

Game&Watch

Smash Rookie
I'd look at the Blad01, Overswarm, and KuroZero's threads at the top of the Falco threads page they really heped me master G&W and they've really helped me with Falco too. Hope this helps - G&W

M@v

Subarashii!
Just make sure you guard Falco's bread with your life =P.(Dont worry. read around here youll understand what that means). Falco got a lot of stuff, so read the guides.

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
go to the stickied thread, observe some vids, practice, look for the Advanced Techniques it's in there somewhere and play with falco.

also welcome to the falco community

zamz

Smash Journeyman
Post a video of yourself so we can get to know you. Then, we'll offically know if you're doing things the "wrong way" or the "right way."

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Well then don't ask for constructive criticism. It would be a waste of our time to try and guess what you are doing wrong and right. The best way to see where a player is through videos. If you won't provide, it's going to be nearly impossible to help.

onoez

Smash Cadet
I see, but mainly I wanted to know what I should do first, I'm gonna read the threads, watch the video's and improve. Then I'll consider posting a video :).

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
well i think something that seperates a good falco from a bad falco (or a good from a better) is lazer accuracy...i use my lazers like i can run out of ammo...every shot counts...lol

Samus-T

Smash Lord
chain grab to spike, and duble lasers are ur main tools. learn those two things first of all

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
What separates a good Falco from a great Falco isn't laser accuracy or certain stupid things, but how well you're able to move and make certain attacks count. Being able to intimidate your opponent into believing they have no options is key with Falco. If you want to learn the game: Learn what to use and where to use it. Learn to minimize spot dodges unless you really have to( rolling away-never in, you'll get punished by smarter people- or jumping down A and moving away) Learn to be able to read the opponent.(If they expect phantasm, use shine and vice versa) Specifically for Falco, learn to laser with the second laser just above the floor(Can hit a non crouching Kirby) and learn chain grab into spike. More technical things are grab to spike fast fall and grab...etc. as well as pivot grabbing and boost smashing.

Laser accuracy does help though :)

Don't be afraid to post videos. People who criticize videos and call them crap have nothing else better to do than make your life miserable. If you want real constructive criticism and see improvement, post videos. PM me video links and I'll be happy to put my 2 cents in.

onoez

Smash Cadet
noob q: What is jab(x3) and phantasm?

(I think this is AAA and sideways B, but not so sure tbh)

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Jab, down on the Joy stick which will cancel it, but the animation will not show, and then grab.

Or at least if I remember correctly.

Pearl Floatzel

Smash Apprentice
Yep. That's it, KuroZero.

Practice being able to land all of your aerials on the short characters, along with the laser.
Practice spiking. That's a big one.
And make sure you have the chaingrab perfect.

Possibly the most important thing you could do at this early stage is to figure out how you would be able to attack a character on any point on the stage. So put a computer at one point and see which of your moves can reach them, and what sides of you the moves hit.

And watch videos of other Falcos.

Top Bottom