• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A New to Sheik? Look here to learn how to get started/Need help with Sheik? Ask your questions here.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
Thank you so much! I really dont expect that I will receive an answer that fast!
Yeah I have others questions that I add lately after my post ><

8) Does play some times with others characters will help my game with Sheik?
I tryhard with Sheik. Im on her maybe be 10h a week just in lab. Players on my team told me that play other charcacter (maybe slower like bowser or gannon) will help me to better play with Sheik. I dont say it befire but Im I roller player... I mean in that that I roll too many times and I tryhard to not do it anymore. I roll really really really lot of time. I had to oblige myself to run shield, or just run, short hop etc. Play Bowser will help me to use more jab, and jump/run for movement because his roll is slow and really punishable. Does it necessary to use other players others to understand their moves?

9) How to do a good spacing with Sheik? I think this is a tight relation with my control. I dont do good spacing fair. I ALWAYS get punish with grab after a fair or nair with bad spacing. I cant fair anyone by holding back. If you have just tools or good input to do it efficiently, I will be glad.

10) What is the good playstyle with Sheik?
I think be aggressive or defensive is good as well, but I do love to be a zonning player. I charge my needles and throw it to get my space and punish bad approach of my enemy. I love just grab or do a little combo, and replace myself safely on the ground. But the bad thigs is that I dont get I good judge of what doing instead of needle when somobody comes to me. I suck at it. And I dont know of to be aggressive and approach eaither...

I'm now much zen with all the answers and I will practice with more faith in my game. Thank so much!!
To keep the page from growing too big, I've just edited my original post.

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
Thank you so much! I really dont expect that I will receive an answer that fast!

I tryhard with Sheik. Im on her maybe be 10h a week just in lab. Players on my team told me that play other charcacter (maybe slower like bowser or gannon) will help me to better play with Sheik. I dont say it befire but Im I roller player... I mean in that that I roll too many times and I tryhard to not do it anymore. I roll really really really lot of time. I had to oblige myself to run shield, or just run, short hop etc. Play Bowser will help me to use more jab, and jump/run for movement because his roll is slow and really punishable. Does it necessary to use other players others to understand their moves?

9) How to do a good spacing with Sheik? I think this is a tight relation with my control. I dont do good spacing fair. I ALWAYS get punish with grab after a fair or nair with bad spacing. I cant fair anyone by holding back. If you have just tools or good input to do it efficiently, I will be glad.

10) What is the good playstyle with Sheik?
I think be aggressive or defensive is good as well, but I do love to be a zonning player. I charge my needles and throw it to get my space and punish bad approach of my enemy. I love just grab or do a little combo, and replace myself safely on the ground. But the bad thigs is that I dont get I good judge of what doing instead of needle when somobody comes to me. I suck at it. And I dont know of to be aggressive and approach eaither...

I'm now much zen with all the answers and I will practice with more faith in my game. Thank so much!!
8) Some like to use Corin, the reason being that she is similar in play style (her Fair and Neutral B are very similar in particular) but less, well, top-tier, making her a good character to learn with.
9) In neutral, you almost always want to land attacks as far away as possible to minimize how they can punish in case the attack whiffs. As for doing Fair while holding Back, just use the C-stick, preferably while it is set to Attack as opposed to Smash.
10) You will need to adapt based on who you are facing. Against most characters, camping to bait and punish is a viable tactic as they are forced to approach against your Needles, which is not easy to do and as a result can easily leave them open for attack, from which point you can destroy them with your great combo game and such. This is Sheik's optimal playstyle Against ones who like to camp themselves, you can afford to be aggressive as you have more than enough tools to deal with projectiles and fast enough moves that you should be able to beat out their attempts to punish your approach.

Last edited:

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice

I would suggest using Corrin once in a while. I secondary Cloud, but it doesn't really help my Sheik game. Corrin is great for mastering the fundamentals that you need when using Sheik.

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
You probably get this alot but who is decent against sheik that I can pick up as a pocket. I feel mk struggles too hard to just learn the match up, so any advice?

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
You probably get this alot but who is decent against sheik that I can pick up as a pocket. I feel mk struggles too hard to just learn the match up, so any advice?
Ryu is one of Sheik's worst matchups

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
Ryu is one of Sheik's worst matchups
The only thing with that is that lots of Sheiks have Corrins as backups for fighting Ryu, who beats him in theory. I'm not sure how the Corrin VS MK MU is, so IDK.

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
The only thing with that is that lots of Sheiks have Corrins as backups for fighting Ryu, who beats him in theory. I'm not sure how the Corrin VS MK MU is, so IDK.
It should be OK for me, I highly doubt corrin is any worse than even for Meta Knight. Thanks guys I wanted a reason to learn ryu.

Cold_Ninja_Emperor

Smash Cadet
NNID
clauderson
3DS FC
1134-8450-3228
do someone know a thread where it show's all charactere good match up and bad match up ???

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
How do i kill bayonetta without getting witch timed?
Unplugging their control is probably your best option.

But seriously, just play really safely. Beyond that, pick up on her patterns. A lot of players will make their counter usage a bit predictable, so if you feel like she'll throw it out, feel free to back off for a second.

Last edited:

Guimartgon

Smash Apprentice
So I live in Yoshi galore area. And I've been playing sheik for a bit now and I'm struggling to kill the little green guy. The way I've been playing the neutral is just hold shield a good chunk. Force him to approach me in the air from a distance with needles and then just try to play that needle camping, Nair OOS if he tries to tomahawk grab me and what not, so I just tend to win the neutral via oppression. But then when I try to go for the 50/50 off of a grab I feel like he can always jump and super armor through me. So I've been trying to make it so that instead of getting the 50/50 I just catch his landing by forcing him to use his double jump.
Anyways, I'm wondering if Usmash has a disjoint on the sweetspot, and if so, is it big enough to beat Yoshi's landing option(I'm guessing it's bigger than Nair but I don't want to have my Usmash be beaten by 30% Dair). Also if anyone has any good ideas on how to take stocks(maybe fish for dtilt uair?). Also how good are aerial Needles against him? Cause I feel like he just jumps through and doesn't care and it ruins my edgeguard opportunity.

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
Anyways, I'm wondering if Usmash has a disjoint on the sweetspot, and if so, is it big enough to beat Yoshi's landing option(I'm guessing it's bigger than Nair but I don't want to have my Usmash be beaten by 30% Dair).
In answer to the UpSmash question, sheiks hands are invincible when hitting with the tipper. The tipper hits on frame 11 and is invincible on frames 8 - 15.

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
Does Sheik get anything worth discussing off of Grab Releases? From what I can tell the only possible benefit would be an Up Air on incredibly slow opponents.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
Does Sheik get anything worth discussing off of Grab Releases? From what I can tell the only possible benefit would be an Up Air on incredibly slow opponents.
I seem to recall brief discussions on this a while back, and we came to the conclusion that there's not really anything worth learning. She can't true combo anything, so it's best to just react to what they do.

Gibbs

Smash Apprentice
How should Sheik take advantage of ledge trump situations? Trump bair seems lame when so many characters have kill confirms on a successful trump. Can you guarantee a bouncing fish maybe? Any strats based around letting them regrab the ledge w/out invinciblity?

Guimartgon

Smash Apprentice
How should Sheik take advantage of ledge trump situations? Trump bair seems lame when so many characters have kill confirms on a successful trump. Can you guarantee a bouncing fish maybe? Any strats based around letting them regrab the ledge w/out invinciblity?
I don't know about the immediate trump kill, but recently I force them to regrab the ledge( just jumping and being in the air saying hi I have Fair works sometimes, when they commit to recover low you can get them) and I positioned myself so I would bouncing fish into them(I was offstage), I then bouncing fished them and then hit them again with the second kick(so bouncing fish into them, they get sent flying away unless that's techable and while they are flying away you kick them a second time)

Last edited:

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
I researched (Fror lack of a better word; Iasked about frame data and ran calculations) this a while ago, and no, the only other thing you can get directly from the ledge is a Turn-Around Nair (since Double Jumps can turn you around), which is less efficient than a Bair. IDK if there are any true follow ups off of Bair from here.

Last edited:

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
Is it possible to convert to a Bouncing Fish from a ledge trump? The one who is trumped has a 29 frame window where they can't do anything; could you hit them with B-reverse BF from the ledge?
I researched this a while ago, and no, the only other thing you can get directly from the ledge is a Turn-Around Nair (since Double Jumps can turn you around), which is less efficient than a Bair. IDK if there are any true follow ups off of Bair from here.
research

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
How does Shiek handle heavies and Game & Watch? I have huge issues with those two and I play a pretty good Sheik already.

FeelMeUp

Smash Lord
NNID
BathMonster
Why are there times when it feels like no hitbox comes out if I fair a little too late and fastfall?
the timing I use for Cstick fastfall fairs is the same that I used for double lasers with Falco in Brawl(if anyone remembers) and I feel like if I do it too late I don't get a hitbox and people push too close to me.

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
How does Shiek handle heavies and Game & Watch? I have huge issues with those two and I play a pretty good Sheik already.
You're gonna have to get a bit more specific with "heavies".

Game & Watch can get camped by Sheik and he has an awful approach game, so play defensively. His falling aerials are pretty slow, so just shield and punish if he lands with them. You can also space him out with fairs pretty easily because his grab sucks

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
You're gonna have to get a bit more specific with "heavies".

Game & Watch can get camped by Sheik and he has an awful approach game, so play defensively. His falling aerials are pretty slow, so just shield and punish if he lands with them. You can also space him out with fairs pretty easily because his grab sucks
DK. I have learned that Bowser is a complete joke against Shiek so just DK.

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
As a non-user of C-bouncing, I don't understand why people C-bounce when you can just B-reverse needles
It both goes farther and puts you in position to use Needles, D-tilt, and other moves that can't be turned around out of Needle on them. Also it can be used in the air.

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
It both goes farther and puts you in position to use Needles, D-tilt, and other moves that can't be turned around out of Needle on them. Also it can be used in the air.
Uh, B-reverse in the air...
The point about needles and tilts is valid though. Don't find any particular use for it myself but I guess I'm missing out

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
Uh, B-reverse in the air...
The point about needles and tilts is valid though. Don't find any particular use for it myself but I guess I'm missing out
One of my favorite properties is the ability to B-reverse without changing your momentum. For example, you can jump at the edge and hit someone recovering under the stage and potentially pineapple them.

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
One of my favorite properties is the ability to B-reverse without changing your momentum. For example, you can jump at the edge and hit someone recovering under the stage and potentially pineapple them.
Turnaround specials anyone? You don't need C-bouncing for that

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
Turnaround specials anyone? You don't need C-bouncing for that
You're missing the point. Go look at what can be done with C-bouncing on the original thread, and try and do half of that with normal b-reversals/turnarounds.

Top Bottom