• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New trick with pikachu?

MonkE67

Smash Cadet
hey guys
firstly, none of u knows me, and looking at my posts, u can tell im new to the forums and u may think im a total noob, which may be true, because i have no way of knowing how good i am compared to the rest of you
i actually main ness, but i like playing with pikachu as well

anyway, to the point, i think i mightve stumbled across a new lil trick with pikachu
or rather, 2 new tricks

my controls: i use the wii remote+nunchuk
left-dpad, down-dpad, right-dpad=attack
up-dpad=jump
tap jump is off

the first one is where he does his nair from directly off the ground
theres no gap between the jump and the nair(or at least there doesnt seem to be)
i do this by pressing up-dpad+right/left-dpad at the same time
it also works if u press only up-dpad, but press it on the right side of the button
for some reason, it doesnt work on the left side(or maybe im just screwing up:ohwell:)

for the dair, i do the same thing
and the same goes for fair
but i cant do my uair this way

if im in the air and if i do the same thing again, ill jump the same way
the only difference is, now i can do the uair

so this is kinda just a faster way to do aerials

the second thing seems to only work on some characters and only works with the nair
i first jump normally, then do what i said above right when im on top of the opponent
i do the nair, knocking the opponent sideways and making me jump as high as a footstool would make me jump
also, it doesnt count as a jump, just like a footstool
so basically, im footstooling, except hitting them when i bounce off

it only works with nair
if i do it with any other aerial, it just footstools and the does the aerial

like i said, it only works on some characters(or at least, ive only managed to do it on some characters)

characters i could do it on so far:
luigi
ice climbers

characters i could not do it on:
mario
peach

im sorry if ive wasted ur time with something thats old to u but new to me :ohwell:
im new to these forums and dont know all the technical terms that you guys use, so plz forgive me if this is something already known
and sorry the post is so long :(

M15t3R E

Smash Master
=]

Welcome new Pikachu user, even if you don't main him.
Don't be afraid of us. The Pikachu users are all friendly, just like Pikachu.

So about the first thing you said- I'm sure we all already do it subconsciously.
That sounds very useful when your opponent is moving quickly and trying to keep the pressure on you. Definitely worth reminding us about.

The second thing- nair to footstool combo, or is it footstool to nair? I'm pretty sure I've done a footstool to nair on several occasions. Haven't been able to do it off-stage. It can be a good technique when the opponent gets in too close for comfort. Would be fun to use more often.

I can't really say if these techniques are new, but they are good ones. And hey, if you want to know a bunch of random techniques check out this thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=194854

Drop by again whenever you want. We'll be happy to have a new Pikachu recruit.

MonkE67

Smash Cadet
lol, thanks:)
i feel like il get flamed any second on how nooby i am:p

im not really sure if its nair or footstool first
u actually do both at the same time

thanks for the link:)

neji32

Smash Lord
hey guys
firstly, none of u knows me, and looking at my posts, u can tell im new to the forums and u may think im a total noob, which may be true, because i have no way of knowing how good i am compared to the rest of you
i actually main ness, but i like playing with pikachu as well

anyway, to the point, i think i mightve stumbled across a new lil trick with pikachu
or rather, 2 new tricks

my controls: i use the wii remote+nunchuk
left-dpad, down-dpad, right-dpad=attack
up-dpad=jump
tap jump is off

the first one is where he does his nair from directly off the ground
theres no gap between the jump and the nair(or at least there doesnt seem to be)
i do this by pressing up-dpad+right/left-dpad at the same time
it also works if u press only up-dpad, but press it on the right side of the button
for some reason, it doesnt work on the left side(or maybe im just screwing up:ohwell:)

for the dair, i do the same thing
and the same goes for fair
but i cant do my uair this way

if im in the air and if i do the same thing again, ill jump the same way
the only difference is, now i can do the uair

so this is kinda just a faster way to do aerials

the second thing seems to only work on some characters and only works with the nair
i first jump normally, then do what i said above right when im on top of the opponent
i do the nair, knocking the opponent sideways and making me jump as high as a footstool would make me jump
also, it doesnt count as a jump, just like a footstool
so basically, im footstooling, except hitting them when i bounce off

it only works with nair
if i do it with any other aerial, it just footstools and the does the aerial

like i said, it only works on some characters(or at least, ive only managed to do it on some characters)

characters i could do it on so far:
luigi
ice climbers

characters i could not do it on:
mario
peach

im sorry if ive wasted ur time with something thats old to u but new to me :ohwell:
im new to these forums and dont know all the technical terms that you guys use, so plz forgive me if this is something already known
and sorry the post is so long :(
Darn noob gtfo with this useless info!!

jk jk but i dont understand what you saying? i guess its cause i skimed it but can you shorten it plz ty

K 2

Smash Lord
I don't understand it either. -_- It's probably because there is no capital letters or any puncuation, so I have no idea where each sentence starts/ends. I can sorta make out the meaning of ths post based on Mr. E's response though

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
We won't flame you for being a noob.
We'll flame you for NOT USING PROPER GRAMMAR.

Not really. But really, if you want to be taken seriously, make a habit of taking time to type, commas, periods and all. Good grammar makes you look smart.

With that said, the first trick you're describing just kind of describes a good method of using aerials with different controls. Thanks to that, I'm suddenly tempted to get rid of my Up and Side taunts on my classic in favor of faster aerials. The second is a bit more interesting. A footstool to Nair is something that I have never done with Pikachu. Footstool->Thunder if they're on the ground, but Nair? hm..

MonkE67

Smash Cadet
Haha:p. Lol, sorry guys:p. I'll rewrite it, and this time with proper grammar:p.

CONTROLS

Firstly, my controls. I use the wii remote with nunchuk. The only controls of importance for these two things are:
-Down dpad, Left/Right Dpad = ATTACK
-Up Dpad = JUMP

The other controls can be anything else, since they have nothing to do with these things. I don't know if these things will work on any other controllers; you'll have to test it.

WHAT THESE ARE

Okay. There are two things.

-The first:

This is basically just a way to do faster aerials.

-The second:

This is basically a different version of footstooling, in which you hit the guy and bounce off of his head instead of just bouncing off.

HOW TO DO THE 'FIRST THING'

You press Up Dpad (JUMP) and Left/Right Dpad (ATTACK) at the same time. This will make you jump and do your aerial immediately. If you do this while holding the control stick in a certain direction, you will jump and do the respective aerial immediately.

NOTE: You CANNOT do the UAIR with this.

Exm:

Control Stick NEUTRAL + JUMP + ATTACK = Nair
Control Stick DOWN + JUMP + ATTACK = Dair
Control Stick FORWARD + JUMP + ATTACK = Fair
Control Stick BACKWARD + JUMP + ATTACK = Bair

Other things you should note:

Dair - You will do this as fast as possible, but you won't do it as soon as you leave the ground because of the start up lag(or at least, i think that's why). So in the case of the Dair, this is just a way to get rid of any timing necessary and to do it s fast as possibly possible.

Uair - The Uair cannot be done this way. Or at least, I haven't been able to do it.

More info:

You can do you first and second jumps this way and both will turn out the same way. The only difference is, for your second jump, you can do the UAIR as well, by tilting the control stick UP.

HOW TO DO THE 'SECOND THING'

So far, this has only worked on some characters.

Basically, you just footstool, but when you would normally press JUMP to jump off the opponent's head, you do:

Control Stick NEUTRAL + JUMP + ATTACK = Nair (The 'First thing')

This will make you footstool, but will make your opponent get hit by the nair as well.

Like I said, it has only worked against some characters. Also, I haven't been able to see what happens when you do this off-stage. It only works with the NAIR. If you do ANY other aerial, you will simply FOOTSTOOL and THEN do the aerial.

That's as clear as I can get it without cutting any info . . .

MonkE67

Smash Cadet
That was the clear version. Now the short version:

THE FIRST THING

Press JUMP and ATTACK at the same time. You will do an aerial without any break between the jump and the aerial. Depending on how you tilt the control stick, you can do any aerial this way, EXCEPT the Uair. The Uair can only be done when you're already in the air.

THE SECOND THING

Do everything you would normally do when doing a footstool, but instead of pressing JUMP to jump off of the opponent's head, do Nair the way I described in the 'First Thing'. This will make you footstool and hit the opponent with your Nair at the same time. I need to test this offstage to see how useful it is. It only works on some characters.

MonkE67

Smash Cadet
Sorry about that. That's how I usually type, but I realize it was stupid to expect anyone to understand it:p. BTW, each line is a new sentence; that might clear it up a bit:p. Anyways, this whole thing is old stuff. If you want to read it anyways, read the stuff towards the bottom.

Top Bottom