• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW VIDEO Cereal Rabbit Getting ***** 1.26.08

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
i dont like the fact that this thread is like... ''Look at my awesome Kirby''
and then someone asks : ''So who does 3P main?''
and youll be like : ''Oh 3P? Ah thats just some noob i use to show off my skills'' like thats how it seems to be and i hate to believe in it

but the kirby is nice
If you believe my purpose if to show out well my Kirby is, it isn't. I can easily tear off all these videos and ask a mod to close this thread.

3P's is a very close friend to me. I'll never use him ask a noob punching bag. I periodically play with him on a weekly basis. He's like a smashing buddy. Well, at least for the last few years.

It's time to put up another topic, *insane laugh*

EDIT:
Just wondering if you have any videos of your Mario anywhere, Envy?
If so, lemme see *Insane Laugh Again!!!*

EDIT: EDIT:
Time to get rid of old Announcement Crap!!! I edited my sig so it doesn't sound like I'm exaggerating that my Kirby is best in where ever and awesome. Bwa ha ha ha ha

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
I guess it wasn't funny. D:
Time to upload a non commentary version.
The video was pretty laggy anyways...

EDIT: I just realized a few things. My new video has stones, hammer approaches, more B-airs, less D-air, Kirby-Cides, and Final Cutters.

But I still fail D:

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
EDIT: I just realized a few things. My new video has stones, hammer approaches, more B-airs, less D-air, Kirby-Cides, and Final Cutters.

But I still fail D:
Yes, yes you do XD jk jk

You did well, although I will say this, Shiek is actually quite combo-able, utilt->uair, use it more. Other than that, uhhhhhh, I await your matches with Envy

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
i agree i cant wait for more matches.

on japes i like to go underneath the platforms and up air people from there. just watch for the trap. also u-throw kirbicides own face on that level. just take off a stock and kirbicide ftw!

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
I actually couldn't believe it. I rode the river and jumped onto the platform. I edged grabed with a wavedash as I was about to get dash attacked and ledge hoped into a Kirby-Cide.

One of my best KO's ever........

Timmy's computer has been down, and he's probably posting through a Wii. I hope he could use Youtube on a Wii. D:

I might make an animation for that..... like for a sig..... cause I like it.....

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
I actually couldn't believe it. I rode the river and jumped onto the platform. I edged grabed with a wavedash as I was about to get dash attacked and ledge hoped into a Kirby-Cide.

One of my best KO's ever........

Timmy's computer has been down, and he's probably posting through a Wii. I hope he could use Youtube on a Wii. D:

I might make an animation for that..... like for a sig..... cause I like it.....
You CAN use youtube on the wii.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Really.... o___o

I felt lonely because I'm not getting comments from him. Well actually, he hasn't been commenting at all.

I'm working on a .Gif animation now. Bwa ha ha ha ha...

PrinceOfDalaam

Smash Apprentice
Dude those are some really nice matches. I hope to see more soon :) kirbycide ftw!!!!

P.S. hehe i just realized u live in Cali. Im in Bakersfield now for the next 9 days, visiting my bro.
Also, Merry Christmas everyone!

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Envy told me that....
I could come to his house tomorrow, about......
Or later, I don't really know. xD

EDIT: I've just realized my sig's given me 200 channel views and 3 more subscribers over the last 3 days.

._.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Actually, I've just been busy (+ broken computer, + posting with a Wii is annoying). I'm also not really a video-watching type of guy.

I looked for the video with the commentary, but you said you took it off or something, and that's the one I wanted to see. V_V Watching videos with no sound is ... odd.

Oh, but guess what? I'm posting this with my laptop. :) It's not really fixed, but I found a way to boot it up and make it work somehow. Mwa ha ha!

By the way, who cares if someone's like "Look at my videos because I'm great"? They're entitled to do that if they want, and Rabbit isn't really acting like that anyway. Besides, more Kirby vids = good thing.

PS: Get something setup with Envy. Practicing with new players is a great way of improving. Make sure to upload some vids too. :)

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Hooray! I might go reupload that video now....

Fresno Smashers I Recently met on SWF (To believe I thought I was the lonely one)
Bob 2 Be
Dizzy
D4Dy
Envy
Jet or Jetty
Lit
Pest
I could barely contact these guys, other wise make a MySpace, because there on MySpace more than any other site... "PICK UP YOUR PHONE!!!!"
Plus there's a poop load of other players who live in Modesto.

As of now, this Friday or Saturday sounds good.....

BTW: I never knew you went down south to go play at NUB monthlies. I wanna go there now!!

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Rabbit, you need to bring you and all those Fresno smashers down here to SLO, there are NO smashers out here. Literally, there's 2 other competitive smashers out here and I already play them way too much. So yeah, get yer *** down here and play me at some Kirby dittos.

@t!Mmy: You didn't actually post any advice for the kid, and he really seems to want some from you. Bad t!Mmy, no cookie for you.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Rabbit, you need to bring you and all those Fresno smashers down here to SLO, there are NO smashers out here. Literally, there's 2 other competitive smashers out here and I already play them way too much. So yeah, get yer *** down here and play me at some Kirby dittos.
Uhm. Come to some events at Modesto/Merced/Fresno. There are tons of events here because of the surplus in smashers. MEXICAN, that green DK that beat Timmy (:(), goes there. Also "USA's" best Yoshi. Chockie, Zhu, Home Made Waffles. (NorCal -.-)
Bob2Be sucks xD: [ http://youtube.com/watch?v=UC0LPsfhih4 ]
Pink Reaper said:
@t!Mmy: You didn't actually post any advice for the kid, and he really seems to want some from you. Bad t!Mmy, no cookie for you.
Kid you say.... I'm like an unpopular Bombsoldier with a Kirby who does terrible at tournaments (That's going to change very soon, I hope o.o).... Whoa, I'm even asian!!! *squints eyes*

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Uhm. Come to some events at Modesto/Merced/Fresno. There are tons of events here because of the surplus in smashers. MEXICAN, that green DK that beat Timmy (:(), goes there. Also "USA's" best Yoshi. Chockie, Zhu, Home Made Waffles. (NorCal -.-)
Bob2Be sucks xD: [ http://youtube.com/watch?v=UC0LPsfhih4 ]
I cant get up there. I don't have gas money. Or a car. Or a license. Or a car monkey. John.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Ask a 14 year old to illegally drive 3/4 hours to your home.....

A slight possibility

EDIT: ....

EDIT EDIT: Rather not....

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Better not spam up my thread...
He's (MEXICAN) few hours worth of driving north up in Stockton. I've actually never played him. For a moment, I though you were assuming yourself as being Mexican....

Bah, I don't even know about cars.

EDIT: Oh just nvm this post xD

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I haven't watched the video because I'm waiting for the one with commentary. ;)

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
I haven't watched the video because I'm waiting for the one with commentary. ;)
I'm pretty sure that video was put back, about last night....
It's basically the same battle with me with little "LOL COMMENTS" in the match.

EDIT: Bolded and Underlined "same"

8^) (<~Because Tommy does those....)

Pink Reaper said:
Other than that you have a very solid Kirby just keep working at it and soon you'll have a GRRRRRRRREAT Kirby.
I just noticed in this post, you put in a lot of "R"'s in great. (Inside Joke, It's like Rolling your R's..... >.<)

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Aw, I thought the commentary was spoken. When there's no sound, everything feels so empty. V_V

If Shiek F-smashes your shield, why bother doing a U-throw? That's what you do on floaties that punish D-throw at low percents. Go for the tech chase with a D-throw on Shiek. :)

Lol at trying to go for a Hammer. I think you could have got her if you were already on the ground and ready to strike when she messed up with the whip, so you should have gone for a quicker attack like a f-tilt or d-smash. Usually people don't leave themselves vulnerable long enough for a Ground Hammer (G-Hammer) to land (e.g. a missed Rest), so you're going to have to predict when it can hit and use it ahead of time (e.g. a sidestep).

On Sheik's 2nd stock, you still have all your lives, so you should have been looking for Kirbycide opportunities. Jungle Japes is full of them, and that Sheik player looks like she'd run right into them.

Same goes for her last stock.

About the 3:40 mark would have been a perfect opportunity for a u-air, don'tcha think? ;)

(Ugh, the quality of that video was pretty bad) x_x

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I played the one of the best player in Fresno and he 4 stocked me with his Falcon. o_o
...Any help? Advice?
Getting four-stocked is not a bad thing, nor is feeling down because of it. What you want to do is remember the Kirby Player's philosophy and stay positive.

Pull yourself out of feeling glum by reminding yourself that the best way to get better is with a challenge, and that my friend is exactly what you had. Use your experience as a motivation to make your Kirby faster and smarter. Use it as an eye-opener to techniques and strategies that you may not have encountered before and challenge yourself to find or invent strategies to counter them. For instance, if shield grabbing doesn't seem to work after Falcon SHFFLs into a Jab, then don't do it! :laugh: Avoid the SHFFL altogether with evasive tactics, or predict his attack and make the first strike. Sometimes when I think Falcon is going for an aerial, I'll jump up and put a N-air in front of him so that I strike him first before he can even get a hitbox out.

So, basically, stay positive, keep playing, enjoy the challenge. Trust me, you'll get better. Gambatte! (Persevere!)

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Some advice for Falcon

First and foremost, before you even begin to fight with a Falcon you have to have to think about the stage. If you are fighting on FD you're pretty much helpless on stage so you're going to have to play as defensively as possible, staying in your shield as much as possible, abusing shield grabs and camping the ledge. If you're playing on FoD then you can afford to be more aggressive as Falcon has trouble maneuvering on the small stage and the platforms screw up his shffls. If you get the chance to counter pick I suggest either FoD or Kongo Jungle(I can never remember if thats the right one or if its the other one >.<) as confining Falcon severely damages his play style. Another suggestion COULD be Dream Land 64 as the high roof and large death box can keep you alive for a long time while still giving you the chance to gimp Falcon but its still a very large, flat level, giving him a major advantage when it comes to attacking.

Next will be the advantages Falcon has over you(there's quite a few so just sit and listen) First off, as previously stated, on large, flat stages, you're pretty much helpless and Falcon has amazing freedom of movement. He's very, very fast on the ground and that carries to his aerial movement. His SHFFLs can cover a large distance and his attacks hit hard. He CAN chain grab you, and he CAN Dthrow->Knee you, even at higher percents. His tech chase game is good, as he can move around the stage amazingly fast with fox trotting. And, of course, he out ranges you. While his Fair is sort of low range/low priority, his Nair, Uair and Bair all have ALOT of range over you and his Uair and Nair will more than likely out prioritize anything you have. And lets not forget his stomp. Kirby is one of those unfortunate characters who can both be combo'd by the stomp and killed by it. Oh, and he has the Falcon Punch, so your basically screwed XD

Ok, your not really screwed, and to be honest, as far as the high tiers go, Falcon is one of the more winnable match ups. First of, and this is probably the most important thing to remember, you absolutely, positively, MUST have good DI in this match up. The fact that Falcon CAN Dthrow->Knee doesn't mean you have to let him sweet spot you with it. If you remember to C-Stick DI, or more importantly, Duel Stick DI, you can avoid most of his kill combos. Secondly, crouch. No, more. More. MORE! YOU NEED TO CROUCH MORE. Seriously, Kirby's crouch screws with Falcons. You cant be grabbed from a crouch, you cant be sweet spotted by the Knee, and your Dtilt out prioritizes alot of his approaches(not all, but some) Also, a little something interesting about Falcon's Stomp. I've found that if its not timed JUST RIGHT, you can Utilt him out of it. And you know what that means? REAPER COMBO:kirby: Yes, the beautiful Utilt->Utilt combo. It works soooo well on CF and you can combo one Reaper Combo into another Reaper Combo(at low %'s) A few other things to remember during this match up: Full hopped Double Bairs can work very well on a shielding Falcon as you may either shield stab him with the second, or follow up with utilts which will knock him out of his grab. His recovery is AMAZINGLY gimpable, sweet spotted Dsmash will basicly ruin him. And don't be afraid of going after him off of the ledge, as a fast faller with a predictable recovery there's not alot he can do while off of the ledge.

Now I'd like to talk about Kirby's grab game separately as it is VERY important to this match up. Now, despite what Nashun would have you believe Kirby CAN Dthrow tech chase Falcon. And Falcon's Tech isn't terribly fast or long so with proper timing you SHOULD be able to chase him down. I suggest ALWAYS dashing forward as most players will tech away from you, but if he does tech towards you, you can dash dance backwards and you should still be able to get him. Now, a smart player will quickly learn to avoid the tech chase by NOT teching and simply rolling or attacking off of the ground. Now, the unfortunate thing about this is, you dont have the luxury of being able to tilt AND still be able to tech chase if he does tech. This is where you have to be smart. Once again, dash forward and if he doesnt tech, dash dance back and CC and either jab if you have time, or shield his wake up attack. If you see him roll, chase, you should be able to catch him. If your close to the ledge and Falcon has enough damage, I would suggest Dthrow tech chase to Dsmash as it can lead to an easy edge guard kill. If you're having trouble getting a grab out, remember that the stomp is very punishable if he hits your shield, as is a missed grab, although I might suggest a CC'd Dsmash for a missed grab as you can actually grab him out of it if you hit him with the inside of your feet and he pops up. Also, don't forget that you can Utilt->grab and that if you time it properly, you can Utilt him out of a Stomp. Also, it should be noted that Falcon cant do alot to escape if you grab him on a small platform.

As you can see, this match up isn't hopeless, it is in fact very winnable if you know what your doing. An interesting side note, I usually play this match up WITHOUT facing CF. Your Bair and Utilt are your best moves for this match up. Remember, if you really want to win, you'll stack everything in your favor. CP the proper levels, play to the particular level your on, and crouch ALOT.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Wow, that post looked like one of mine, Chris. Ha ha ha.

You may be at more of a disadvantage on Final Destination vs. Falcon, but you are not "helpless". Falcon cannot sit back and build damage like characters with projectiles, he will have to move in for an attack eventually. Okay, so technically he doesn't have to, but we all know he will anyway because if it's a choice between going to Sudden Death against Kirby and moving in to at least get some damage in, the Falcon player knows which is the better prospect. I know this from experience. Even Isai eventually came to me after about a full minute of playing keep-away. And yes, I got the first hit. :)

I highly suggest not counter-picking Dreamland against Falcon. It's wide, it's flat, and it has campy platforms for him to jump around on. On top of it, Kirby still dies at relatively low percents even on this big of a stage. Being able to gimp Falcon isn't much of a reason to pick this stage, because you can gimp him on any stage, but the large boundaries will pretty much make solid KO's an improbability. On top of all this, Falcon players tend to counterpick on Dreamland as it is.

I could have sworn Kirby can be sweet-spot Knee'd while crouching. >_>
I'll have to go test it specifically since I always shield while crouching and see a f-air/d-air coming.

You can tilt while tech-chasing. Say, for instance, you d-throw and run to the right but notice that Falcon techs in place instead. Pivot to f-tilt, voi-la! Of course, pivot to F-smash is easier for most people to do, and you'll probably have enough time to pull it off. But, yeah, you can also dash dance back over to him, too, just that a pivot tech-punish is much cooler.

Aside from those additions, you had plenty of good advice.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Hey, I said you COULD c/p Dreamland, I didn't actually suggest it >_> As it is Dreamland is one of those stages I just plain try to avoid as Kirby.

As for the Knee sweet spot, you may be right, but I've never actually been sweet spotted while crouching if only because I have a tendency to shield the blow rather than take it. And yeah, I wanted to make that post before you could :laugh:

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Thanks for the great information. I'm feeling a lot more confident!

I've updated the front page.

EDIT: By the way..... the Falcon player's name is Chris. @___@

I know so many people named Chris...

EDIT EDIT: I'm thinking of counter picking with Rainbow Cruise, DK 64, or Jungle Japes. Though DK64 has a lot of running floor, the ceiling is high, but there are slants of stoning. Is Yoshi Story a good Kirby stage?

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
You read the front page right?

I don't like Yoshi Story with my Kirby because I'm knocked off the ceiling or sides at damage really low. The slants, on the other hand, by the egde is great for stoning.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I like Yoshi's Story because the smaller size means Kirby can actually get KO's around 100%. Just don't get hit and you'll do fine.

Jungle Japes is a good counterpick if you like it and a terrible one if you don't. You can always go Rainbow Cruise if you think your opponent can't do anything about Rainbowcides, but otherwise it's a pretty lame Kirby stage overall.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
I've never need those disadvantages as advantages. :)
Though Kirby is on a small stage meaning he'll get KOed earlier, KOing opponents is much easier.
Pokemon Statiums is a pretty fun Neutral. Final Destination is fun with non projectile characters.

Any tips with Kirby vs Yoshi/Kirby vs Top Tier/Kirby vs Peach?

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
What the heck is airguarding? xD
lol jk.

I said this on the OP.
Cereal Rabbit said:
NOTE: I only want well knowledged people to help me with Match ups. Oh no, too bad, no free post counts for you...
Seriously, make sure you know what you're talking about when you're trying to make posts to try and help.

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
Sorry Dx

What was I thinking trying to give advice to professionals... I was trying to say to play aggressive, and once you've gotten them off the ledge, that's the most vulnerable they are to Kirby, so go after them and put pressure on them. Because the more pressure you put on them the more likely they're to mess up and get KO'd.

That good? <_< You probly already know this for this is obvious, but just try to... keep it in mind and GL

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Yup sounds good lol. It's too bad, I'm no pro.

Aggressive Kirbies are freaking amazing. They're fun to play with and great comboers. I'd like to stay a smart campy Kirby player, because I just am. I prefer a less aggressive Kirby than a more aggressive Kirby is that, all he has as an approach are very punishable moves like SHFFLs that can be shield grabbed. If you liked to see my Kirby being somewhat aggressive, well, I'll just need to work on my spacing and pressure the match up.

It was actually someone pending about me, but since someone put the topic up, seems like I should bump up my aggressiveness.

Top Bottom