• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New vids from the Midwest Circuit (NoJ, Vidjo, Kel, DSF)

Anther

Smash Champion
New vids vs a bunch of created in my own head "Rivals". The only one missing is Overswarm XD. Enjoy. I was pretty proud >=[

vs Vidjo (MK)
Loser Finals
Match 1
Match 2
Match 3

vs Kel (Peach -> MK) Peach caught me off guard... a little ;]..
Match 1
Match 2

vs DSF (Snaek) DSF Cheats, no johns =p
Semi
Match 1
Match 2
Match 3

Finals
Match 1
Match 2
Match 3&4
Match 5

---
I'm gonna remove links that are just soso vids or whatever, because I have some new ones that might help you guys that are having trouble with the game & watch matchup vs the 2 best GWs up here in mean ole Michigan.

vs Noj 1-2
vs Lain 1
vs Lain 2
vs Noj Final Match

vs Samurai Olimar - I just like this match because the ending is so crazy XD.

And some more tourney matches with some cool KOs XD

vs Jcav Wolf 1
vs Jcav Wolf 2

therofl

Smash Cadet
great job against dsf. its a shame your quick attack got blocked by that **** on match 2.

no surprise that anther is up there with the best player on the west coast (dsf)

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
Anther! Your videos keep me going as a Pikachu player. Just thought you should know :p.

Also, against Vidjo what made you guys decide to play the entire set on Final Destination? XD.

AxE

Smash Cadet
No offense dude, but ur not very good... so were ur opponents...

AxE

Smash Cadet
Well duh... I hate lying... I usually dont lie all over forums... I just write what i think thats all O__O dont hate me :O!!!

Spyckie

Smash Apprentice
:) great stuff. love the walk control that you have.

Match 4 in the finals was really lame. That stage should be banned for Snakes only (and maybe Diddy too). Cooked grenades are also lame. Actually, Snake = lame. But we all already knew that.

highlights include:
0-death combo on Snake
0-50 combos easily
fsmash edgeguards... LOL why does this work????
great fakeouts with ff dsmash, whiffed fairs to fsmash, etc
powershield -> running upsmash = win (actually, superb counters all throughout the matches)
great thunder kills
dtilt usage
super cool QAC attacks
and lots more.

Anther... its almost about time for a combo video. You're like 2 steps away from GOD tier already.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
his pika melee combo vids were pretty cool, so that'd be cool to make on for brawl as well! do it, succumb to [online] peer pressure!

@axe, i'm not sure if you live under a rock, but regarding your thoughts on anther, sometimes it's better not to say what you think (so you dont get flamed lol)

AxE

Smash Cadet
Idk, just tell me how can u say he plays good??? what moves idk, he just plays normally.

Anther

Smash Champion
AxE said:
Idk, just tell me how can u say he plays good??? what moves idk, he just plays normally.
They don't really know per se, it's a lot of guessing at determining a person's skill level, especially as relative as it is to who you're placing. Kyari's actually played me in person and seen me beat people that beat him, but it doesn't necessarily mean I'm better than anyone else on the forums, just the people I play against. And I'm not very flashy or do anything difficult looking in most of my tournament matches in brawl, just 'technical' enough to do what I wanna try to do, and most things aren't very hard to pull off... so, yeah, not a very easy argument to make ;p.

!Boom!

Smash Journeyman
They don't really know per se, it's a lot of guessing at determining a person's skill level, especially as relative as it is to who you're placing. Kyari's actually played me in person and seen me beat people that beat him, but it doesn't necessarily mean I'm better than anyone else on the forums, just the people I play against. And I'm not very flashy or do anything difficult looking in most of my tournament matches in brawl, just 'technical' enough to do what I wanna try to do, and most things aren't very hard to pull off... so, yeah, not a very easy argument to make ;p.
How modest! What a guy!

Spyckie

Smash Apprentice
Anther... mindgames a lot.

A good example is the fast falled dsmash - that tears up a lot of his opponents, who expect to grab him from an fair.

He also spaces a lot, and correctly. Often he'll walk, make his opponent whiff an aerial, and get a free grab. Other times, he'll jump, uair out of shield and fair behind the opponent, making him difficult to be grabbed.

He also has mastered running upsmash out of shield, which is the ultimate counter/KO move.

Anther

Smash Champion

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
haha, that samurai panda one was pretty crazy at the end, I guess someone wanted to show off :p

nice stuff against wolf, esp that qac into the stage to an unsuspecting nair kill, :)

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
anther, you don't seem really into being a squirrel with all that QACing, maybe a duck O.o

lame joke i know but i couldnt resist

AxE

Smash Cadet
So say hesa good mind gamer then, not a good pika!!!! =[

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
did you not read his reply to your statement? his technical grasp on the character and knowledge of others, and how to combat them and such allow him to place highly in tournaments. this is ultimately how we determine what character/player is "good". yes its an opinion, but frankly there aren't many (including non-pika mains) who don't acknowledge anther's skill...what qualm do you have with this?

AxE

Smash Cadet
Wow... u cant read hwat i write? why do u change subject??

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
I didn't change it, I was merely saying that mindgames are a technical part of playing this game, thus he is good at it, making him good at the game. you agree on that. however, also part of this game is getting good at a specific character(or more than one), and incorporating concepts that have a technical aspect into your game with that character to compete or do whatever with it. He does this well, so being good at mindgames, and being good at mindgames WITH PIKACHU, make him good...

AxE

Smash Cadet
Nope, i think u should go back to Melee. u cant be good with characters only if ur a good mindgamer. oterwise, we would all take snake or meta [=

AxE

Smash Cadet
lmao ye right, i bet my stser cud beat hhim with c stick

AxE

Smash Cadet
Yea, i am so jealous, i wish i was as bad as him T____T!!!!

AxE

Smash Cadet
Stop changing sentences, u think ur jesus? nah just face reality Nub!Boom!

Top Bottom