• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New vids of my Peach in brawl.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Great vids! ^^

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Luigi knocked out at 83% by a f-smash in video one. Granted it was charged, but significantly less than the 130% Yuna claims needed in order to cause a KO.

Just an observation in the first video, around 1:14 you go for an u-smash but miss. Peach's new utilt probably would've gotten him and possibly killed. Happened again in the second video too. Probably just need to get used to using utilt over usmash in those situations though.

Good matches though.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
There is alot of things I am not use to yet. Like I cant seem to do Nikos advance tricks with Peach he found out. I never have a chance to practice it. So I be an open target if I tried in matches. I was not risking that in my MM's. When I get my wii and this game next week, I'll work on them. For now i'm just making stuff up to help me win. and in this case, did not really help much in this MM.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
now now, dont be sad my child. you shall indeed have more 2morrow. I'll have some vids I'll be taking home with me and adding up myself.

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
0:40, 1st video.
Was that a stitch-face!?!?!?!? If so, the death turnip has become the "slightly-injuring" turnip.:(

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Yeah the Stichface was nerfed in terms of knockback however the damage is still the same I think...
Did anyone else like that Fsmash killing in the first video? It proves that Yuna was wrong about that it cant KO below the 100's and stuff....

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Yeah the Stichface was nerfed in terms of knockback however the damage is still the same I think...
Did anyone else like that Fsmash killing in the first video? It proves that Yuna was wrong about that it cant KO below the 100's and stuff....
Makes you wonder if he/she even tests what he/she posts.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Luigi knocked out at 83% by a f-smash in video one. Granted it was charged, but significantly less than the 130% Yuna claims needed in order to cause a KO.

Just an observation in the first video, around 1:14 you go for an u-smash but miss. Peach's new utilt probably would've gotten him and possibly killed. Happened again in the second video too. Probably just need to get used to using utilt over usmash in those situations though.

Good matches though.
I'm having major problems watching the vid because my connection is really sucky right now and keeps disconnecting.

A few things:
* It's Yoshi's Story. It's bigger now but it's hardly the norm when it comes to stage size in Brawl.
* The ceilings are generally lower in Brawl, even on returning stages (though YS is a remade returning stage). If she got the frying pan, then it's quite possible it killed quite early since YS has a low ceiling.
* Did Luigi DI?
* You yourself said that it was charged
* 130%-ish is the percentage after the hit, not before it.

I'll reply to this in depth more once I've actually managed to view the **** video.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I told you, action speak louder than words. Wanna make one shut up and look stupid. Play them, prove them wrong and kick thier azzes.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
I'm having major problems watching the vid because my connection is really sucky right now and keeps disconnecting.

A few things:
* It's Yoshi's Story. It's bigger now but it's hardly the norm when it comes to stage size in Brawl.
* The ceilings are generally lower in Brawl, even on returning stages (though YS is a remade returning stage). If she got the frying pan, then it's quite possible it killed quite early since YS has a low ceiling.
* Did Luigi DI?
* You yourself said that it was charged
* 130%-ish is the percentage after the hit, not before it.

I'll reply to this in depth more once I've actually managed to view the **** video.
1.) It was a horizontal knock out.
2.) It knocked out when Luigi was 83% . . . . That being said, do you think any smash can bring somebody from 80% to 130%? Maybe the d-smash from Melee. But I guess by your standards, it KO'd Luigi at 103%. Can't see which smash it is, but from the sound of it, it sounded more like the tennis racket.
3.) DI wouldn't have mattered.
4.) Why would you tell people the damage needed to KO somebody after the hit? Is it to just so you can say you need more damage then you really do?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'll take care of him.

Yuna:

*He did not die going up, he died going straight. So that means nothing. And the tennis racket can kill at incredible %. More pwoer it has, harder it is to return, or else its instant death.

* read up here ^

* DI cant do nothing with the racket. your sent straight auto. you have lil control over where you get sent.

* Yea it was, to insure he dies. He could have got ended ether way. If I did not charge it, he would have just got sent flying and went to low to return. That Racket is one of the cheapest smash attacks.

* dont mean anything, I got the job done, he died.

Firekid2

Smash Apprentice
He's (She's?) not. He's(She's?) attempting to "correct" us.

It's not working... >_>

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think he just doesnt want to admit he was wrong....The point is is that it killed Luigi at a low percent...
And who cares if he DIs or not?
I think it just kills him that some people like Peach...
Because anyone who's not crap will DI Peach's Fsmash every single time because it's not like it's as fast a nair.

I'll take care of him.

Yuna:

*He did not die going up, he died going straight. So that means nothing. And the tennis racket can kill at incredible %. More pwoer it has, harder it is to return, or else its instant death.

* read up here ^

* DI cant do nothing with the racket. your sent straight auto. you have lil control over where you get sent.

* Yea it was, to insure he dies. He could have got ended ether way. If I did not charge it, he would have just got sent flying and went to low to return. That Racket is one of the cheapest smash attacks.

* dont mean anything, I got the job done, he died.
* It's a semi-spike. While it's not easy to DI, it can still be DI:ed. It was the same in Melee.
* Also, it's not straight out. He died to the side, but the sendoff angle was not straight out in any way.
* You charged it... possibly fully (I'm not sure). The knockout (and damage) was boosted by this, so it's not like that's how much it's "supposed" to knock people out.
* He was off the ledge on Yoshi's Story (though it's bigger now than in Melee).
* It matters a lot when you say "If I had not charged it, he would he just got sent [..] too low to return" (something that isn't true, BTW, if you notice the angle it sends people at, with DI, air control and use of recovery moves, anyone can recover from it (if they survive, that is)... because that means the move does not KO at 83% (101% after the hit) without charging it up.

This thing stems from Niko's thread where he claimed Peach's Fsmash kills at 83%, a statement I questioned, stating that it's only true of the Fsmash is charged, that it depends on which Fsmash is used, what stage you're on, if DI is employed or not and where on the stage you are.

Because this is all very situational. How often can you nail someone with a fully charged tennis raquette right next to the ledge of a stage? Not often, I say. While it's a potent killer, it's not like you can combo into it (a charged one, that is... and an uncharged one is quite hard to combo into guaranteed, as well) and the hitbox does not go low enough for it to be a good edgeguard in this game of autosweetspots.

Good move? Sure. As good as Niko claimed it was? Not really.

Turns out in this video, all of my "requirements" for the Fsmash to kill at 83% (101% after the hit) were true. This is not an argument I had with you, it's an argument I had with Niko and subsequently Hawks go Caw who brought it up in this thread.

Sundown

Smash Journeyman
Stop bashing on Yuna, it sounds really inmature... i also like Peach, i also plan on maining her if i like the way she plays, and i also plan on switching characters if shes not good enough for my playstyle in "playing for money tournaments"

I believe Yuna is just trying to state that in his opinion, she is not good enough to be played competitively, now he did obviously do go a little overboard, but seriously.... now theres like 5 different "Peach is so good.... Yuna is a Brawl scrub" threads that really sound dumb.

back to work, great job to Dark.Pch, Mikey Lenetia, und NikoK on doing wut u guzs are doing with Peach, keep it up, maybe youll find some crazy fuked up **** that will make her better.

Neway, lets just be and let be k?, its gettin ridiculous.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Stop bashing on Yuna, it sounds really inmature... i also like Peach, i also plan on maining her if i like the way she plays, and i also plan on switching characters if shes not good enough for my playstyle in "playing for money tournaments"

I believe Yuna is just trying to state that in his opinion, she is not good enough to be played competitively, now he did obviously do go a little overboard, but seriously.... now theres like 5 different "Peach is so good.... Yuna is a Brawl scrub" threads that really sound dumb.

Keep post like this out of my thread. I want nothing started in here.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yes moving on, I'm tired of fighting and this and that.......

Back on topic like......um..........why is Dark.Pch the awsome in these vids? discuss nao!!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
By 1 am I should have them in this thread. I spoke with my friend on aim just now. and he will get them up soon today.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Yuna...Read my post carefully

This is a crosspost from another thread I posted in but I feel it deserves some attention and discussion.

Smashes: Fsmash and Usmash are both great killing moves, you just need to know how to set them both up. Usmash is best used either by hyphen smashing or getting them to land ontop of it. Fsmash usually kills around 110-140 depending on which weapon pulls out. Also whoever says Dsmash is useless now is ********, they are just used to its ridiculous range, if you get it in range you can easily do at least 10 damage and the knockback is very low so you can combo out of it. Don't listen to all the negative talkers.

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
Nice videos Dark.Pch!
Seems like every thread you make I learn something new haha.
Good job, I hope to play you sometime in Brawl! ^ ^

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ha ha ha. Sure no problem dude and thanks.

Though you may have to wait a while. Dont seem like I'll be getting a wii soon.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
If you're not getting a Wii because of lack of availability, try Craig's List. There were none where I live and I tried Craig's List and there were like 7 or 8 people selling theirs. A few were selling it for between $260-300. Others were trying to rip people off and selling "bundles" for like $500. And in New York there's probably a lot more people selling (I live in New Orleans by the way) but also a lot more people buying. Give it a try if you haven't.

---

Really good matches by the way. I've checked the Ike threads and by looking at the videos, Ike (or at least Silven's Ike) has a tough time handling any sort of projectiles, even turnips. I know when he does his side-B attack in the air, he attacks Olimar's Pikmin. I'm not sure about turnips. So when he tries to recover horizontally, the best option would probably be to send a turnip his way before he gets too close to he stage.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
No its not that. I was suppose to get one for half prices the day brawl is released from somewhere. But that planed died Cause I was gonna get both brawl and the wii. But I only have enough money to get one thing. I guess i'll just by the wii.....but then I wont have brawl............

Airgemini

Chansey
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Well if you preordered Brawl then you dont have to worry, but if you didnt you may not find it for a long time :/.....

I dont have a Wii either but I'm going to get Brawl anyway so I'll have it when I do get a Wii...

Nice videos btw :).

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Dont worry, I can get the game or brawl easy. its just I get paid once a month. So I get paid the day brawl comes out. So I will have enough to get a wii. But I wont have enough for brawl. And if I get brawl, I wont have enough for the wii. I was suppose to get the wii for half price. But the guy is being lazy with getting a wii for me to buy off. I could have bought a wii and brawl.

So yea, thats why I said it will be a while before I play any of you online. For now, I'm looking for used wiis. If I can find one, then I'll be set.

Airgemini

Chansey
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I cant find a Wii ANYWEHRE! But if I have the game its just fine...
But I'm just saying because I didnt think the Wii would sell out and now look at me :/...
And based on the 500,000 copies sold in one day in Japan I just want to be safe....

I'm sure when you have both your going to have many battle requests.....

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ha ha ha, Yea, I have so many that are wanting to play me. Even people I dont even know xD!

Top Bottom