• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Wario Style: DJ Smartfart

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Okay check this out everyone. I have been really experimenting with the combo potential of Wario's Nair and Dtilt, and I must say that it has gone swimmingly! It is really highly dependent on the character you are going up against, because it is semi-risky and not always guaranteed. However, like all things there is a risk/reward argument.

Basically DJ Smartfart Style involves Nairs and Dtilts. If you hit with the end of nair, normally you would go for a grab or bite right? Well check this out. The weak hit of nair leads right into a dtilt. From there you can fair or clap, read airdodges and fart, or basically do one of many different things. This works best on heavy characters with slow aerials, the best example being Snake.

Dtilt is a medium-ish weak-ish hit, so when you hit Snake with it, he is sent up at a very awkward angle for him. All he can really do is either A. airdodge, B. Pull a grenade or C. Maybe upb away or something? Anyways, he can't really hit you with any aerials because they will all give him bad landing lag at this altitude, and they won't have time to think because you are on them like bees on flowers in the spring time.

Also Snake has the added bonus of being able to be dthrown to buffered dtilt. This is EXTREMELY useful and I recommend that all Warios use this. Sets up for many better options than other throws, and does more damage to boot.

Input would be fricken awesome. Oh and I've tested this out in live matches, so I know it works. Haven't explored fully yet though.

-Joannett88-

Smash Apprentice
Iwould call it a new mix up, not a new style.

Btw, I would like to see a video of that true combo buffered dtilt. I tested it a long ago but I didn't get it.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure nair1's knockback is too high at the percentages in which dtilt is effective, in order to lead into nair2.

NAIR2 IS A DECENT ADDITION BUT, NAIR IS ABOUT NAIR1, NAIR2 IS A BONUS

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I love the idea of incorporating Dtilt into wario's game.

I will start making this a habit.

Great idea/find Pwneroni!!

Komodo Joe

Smash Rookie
Can you video this? I've been trying it on snake and if he's <60% or so he can land before you can do anything to him, besides maybe dacus, and if he's over that then nair2 doesn't combo into dtilt.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Hell yeah Lord Chair I totally forgot about that one! Jab->dtilt is also part of DJ Smartfart too haha. Gotta scratch that record as much as possible lol. But I have to disagree with you when you say that the weak hit of nair is useless. I'd say it is equal if not more useful than the strong hit. The weak hit is what leads into a ton of Wario's combos dude!

Yeah Nair to Dtilt is pretty percentage specific. Works best around low-ish to mid/high percents, not sure what exactly though. This is what I call a "Fluid Combo", meaning that it flows like the river. If you try too hard, you'll just splash around and mess up. Gotta be smooth :p

Not able to really make vids, because A. No recording equipment and B. Crashed on my longboard a few days ago, hands got all ****ed up. Gonna be hard to play smash for like a week or so :/

Asa

Smash Hero
ya

mixups don't warrant an odd name

i'll try it out at my smashfest tomorrow

generally what percents should this be attempted at

Komodo Joe

Smash Rookie
At lowish percent on heavies dtilt to dash grab works really well unless they jump out.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Oh more protips (not really) for dtilt:

- Out of being ground released (accidentally or not), it's our fastest option, and surprisingly often beats other characters' moves.

- Parts with water when you're grounded and your opponent is happily swimming about but within your range. Dtilt > shield. If they airdodge, shielddrop>dtilt again, if they attack, shieldgrab, if they jump away, they're in a rather tight spot.

- Simply using it oos isn't always such a bad idea, being frame 12 it's actually almost as fast als SH nair. Aerials counterattacks tend to be safer though, make sure you know when it's guaranteed.

- As noted, don't just randomly use dtilt. Move is terrible on whiff/shield.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Oh more protips (not really) for dtilt:

- Out of being ground released (accidentally or not), it's our fastest option, and surprisingly often beats other characters' moves.
Frame fault!! -10 points

Dash attack is our fastest option coming out on frame 4. If they shied you can hit the upC and it will do that weird dacus, the one that doesnt go anywhere..

But i normally do the Dtilt because in order to get the Dash attack to work fast you have to pretty much use the Cstick and if you mess up your gonna get hit while your break dancing.

Dtilt safer :)

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
IMO dtilt is quite a terrible move on it's own. I've never used it by itself, only as a follow up to nair, after the first jab, or buffered out of a dthrow. Wario just has so many better options that are safer and lead to better things.

Dtilt is great when you land it, but you can't try too hard. It's just too punishable on a miss to just throw out there.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I usually end up buffering in a dsmash too often while trying to dtilt so why even bother. . .

However this thread made me build the habit of using nair against falco and metaknight. Very useful how it lets you do things out of it. XD

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
This has to be (one of) the scrubbiest wario boards thread I have ever seen (nothing personal @ pwneroni)

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Lmao xD So it's scrubby to have a little fun? That's just how I am bro haha.

What you really should do though, is look past the kick *** name I gave this and realize the significance. Who's the scrub now? Oooooohhhhh burn.

And none taken lol. Obviously pros are gonna look at it like that :p Fiction and I are cool IRL, don't worry.

Oh and I also found a good way to safely do dtilts out of nair without risking doing a dsmash on accident. We all know it, just hold down and hit down c-stick! Simple but highly effective, and it seems to come out smoother more frequently. Shoutout to OMGage/Peach Masta for telling me this.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
ya know just because you say no offense or nothing personal doesn't give you the right to say whatever you want...
first of all i said nothing personal because i would have responded to this thread in the same way almost no matter who posted it

i didnt want to call him a scrub when hes not. just the thread

also i can say whatever i want anyway

and third finally also at last

you take things way too seriously

NO OFFENSE YKNOW ;)

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Haha I bet I'll get a super good reaction from the Wario boards on AiB with this thread. I'll test it out brb.

Ok I just got back from the AiB Wario boards and... LOOOOOOOLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xD OMFG you think I'm a scrub?? Hahahahaha!!!!!!! **** I hope nobody from there reads this, but holy **** I'm like Fiction compared to them ****!! Lolololol!!!

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Indeed saying 'no offense' doesn't give you the right to say everything. After all, you already had that right in the first place (****'s called constitution).

In all honesty, basing a playstyle around dtilt is, in fact, rather scrubby. I'd have to concur.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
I have nothing against using dtilt a lot. I think it would be good to experiment.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
when people are around 80 i used to dtilt them and then just wait and they either airdodge and u fsmash or they double jump and they get hit outta the air

Padô

Smash Lord
I see If we go into an easier and slower conversation, Fiction starts to reveal his deepest secrets, like this AWSUM DTilt shenanigan.

J/K Fiction

Honestly, the only thing that feels awkward is the frame disadvantage that it has on shields, it's like and easypunish move.

(S!C)

Smash Journeyman
hmmm maybe nair to buffered dashattack to upsmash, but the enemy can sdi out of it really easy :/

B.Mack

Smash Ace
I'm really interested in what Fiction said... Dtilt puts characters at a really weird height, high enough fo Wario to be free to react, but low enough to limit their options... they can basically airdodge, aerial or double jump and run through the same options, but with more room for Wario to punish, lol.
Wario can run forward, spotdodge or shield in case of an aerial, and then grab them as soon as they land. or Wario can just chase up and set up a juggle, I alwasy thought dtilt was a really good setup option for uair or even DJ dair just in case the other player decides to use their dair. if they are above you, they wouldnt expect you to jump over them and approach from the top... at higher % when they get sent higher by the dtilt, dont forget how godly uair is and you will most likely be able to just bait an airdodge or give 'em the clap and beat out whatever aerial they might have wanted to throw out. if you're up against MK I would say a grab is a better follow up to nair2 than dtilt though.

Top Bottom